Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

mohsinqureshii

Gold Bullish or Bearish

Price moves when it finds out who has the least patience because trading is basically a wait and see game. Someone blinks or their stops are hit triggering further movement

Someone meaning groups of someone's. So it is most definitely group think.

More bad news

As zdo said, an interesting week ahead.

But it looks like the following week commencing 21st May is a killer.

Thats a BEAST Cycle

Dont worry how it forms :(

Worry about what happens.... it indicates a major TURN in the market.

If the market is down , it turns up and v v.

PAST BEAST CYCLES (it happens only now and again)

1962 High Market dropped for 3 months

1974 Low Big swing up

1987 High 20% drop in one day

2000 High Dot .com bubble . Nasdaq collapse

21st May 2013 .......The market is at a high (date is never accurate)

Be careful if holding positions in big markets... Dow S& P Dax etc.

regards

bobc

Some more for the disbelievers,

S & P Capital IQ cut earnings growth outlook from 16.5% to 3.3% ......80% decrease.

And the market will take a week to react to this info.

That doesn't mean a recession.The market is still growing

But the market has priced in 10% earnings growth. .... 3.3% means a 6% drop.

Of course, who says Capital I Q is correct. !!!!

Now what happens to Gold when the market falls?

regards

bobc

There are reports the Chinese bought 40tons at Fridays London fix, whether they are accurate or not, who knows.

Could be NY closed $20 higher than London PM fix. Might of caused some end of week short covering.

Don't think it will matter much and the downtrend should resume - for the short term at least.

The sentiment in the market is very mixed. Some investors think that gold will continue its bullish run as central banks all over the world ramp up stimulus to boost their economies, physical demand for gold will remain high and more buyers will come to the market if prices drop further. Others believe that the price action in April is more than a correction and hence the bullish trend is over. These investors think strengthening American dollar will accelerate the downward movement.

sounds like you been reading mr dent....

Never heard of Mr Dent, but i will look up Mr Dent.

I see prices of things at certain levels for all the wrong reasons. Particularly, commodities.

I am always searching for a clue to a "Top" or a "Bottom"

Now is there a correlation between Gold and the S & P?

The articles I googled were here and there.

So I am unscientifically proposing a Negative correlation.

While the S & P is going Up , Gold is dropping

And V/V.

Thats an easy way to see a top/ bottom.

If its true?

regards

bobc

Never heard of Mr Dent, but i will look up Mr Dent.

I see prices of things at certain levels for all the wrong reasons. Particularly, commodities.

mr harry s dent.

Ps the s&p will fall...soon....like a ton of bricks...quickly

I am always searching for a clue to a "Top" or a "Bottom"

Now is there a correlation between Gold and the S & P?

The articles I googled were here and there.

So I am unscientifically proposing a Negative correlation.

While the S & P is going Up , Gold is dropping

And V/V.

Thats an easy way to see a top/ bottom.

If its true?

regards

bobc

s&p will soon nosedive...gold will rise...falter...rise...falter...rise..rise..rise

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]P.S.as i understand it (but i could be wrong) Mr dent says gold and silver will go down not up because of deflation and people not having enough babies to drive the economy..babies drive the economy you know.

I think mr dent is wrong this time at least on gold and silver..i don't know about the baby thing...i see babies galore..but i travel in other countries...help save the economy in usa MM have another youngin...i'm too old to have more youngins i can barely ride my moto have to have many drinks of coffee...i have loosely followed mr dent writings since 90's...he has been right on several occasions on a variety of things..he says we are now headed for a big crash....all i know is that when that crash comes it is gonna be a big one....

When that crash comes mitsubishi will be feverishly working the calculator looking for the perfect mathematical formula...i will be racing down the road on my moto shooting my pea shooters in the air..cap bob will be gazing at the stars..sun..moon...mumbling to himself ..is it the top or the bottom? MM will be playing golf with his broken golf club from stunning an intrusive invader with his golf club...zdo..well he will be prepared and laughing so hard...db will still be boxing up price action...the world goes on...at lower price levels...

s&p will soon nosedive...gold will rise...falter...rise...falter...rise..rise..rise

Hi Patuca,

RULE no.1

Trade with the trend

The S & P is UP ..... stay long

Gold is DOWN..........stay short

regards

bobc

PS Until Friday . Beast Cycle on Monday

Hi Patuca,

RULE no.1

Trade with the trend

The S & P is UP ..... stay long

Gold is DOWN..........stay short

regards

bobc

PS Until Friday . Beast Cycle on Monday

Catch a falling knife...

I found the solution....FIBS....fibs will save us when the crash comes..we all better learn the Fib ba ma jig dance. We will need to b dancing i in the Streets...i.e. Wallstreet...eveything will be on the table...so to speak...you might want to learn to dance the fib ba ma jig on a table...did your grandma or parents every say o you "boy you better not be fibbing"?......now we all gotta learn to fib to survive the crash....will be a natural for some politicians...mitt already knows all about fibbing....maybe he could teach us? He would probally give up teaching me...i did read the green team red team thread...did anyone else read it? People laugh at fib lines..but they worship support and resistance line..or trend lines....or crooked lines ...bol band..etc. As if some lines are better than other lines....lines are lines...better to catch falling knifes....at the correct moment reach out and snatch them out of the air..a falling knife becomes a knife that is used...to hack up the sellers running with their tails between their legs yelping all the while....fibs and falling knifes are the solution....for the crash...

sing along all together now....catch a falling star lyrics by Perry Como

catch a falling knife, put your severed fingers in a bucket

try and fade the trend of the day

save them for a rainy day.

I will agree with you that Gold will rise too. But, I am confident it might dip about 800 dollars first. Then maybe it will rise a bit before it falls again. So sure it can rise.

sing along all together now....catch a falling star lyrics by Perry Como

try and fade the trend of the day

save them for a rainy day.

LOL that is a good one. ...another song...you gotta know when to fold up....you gotta know when to catch that...falling knife.

I will agree with you that Gold will rise too. But, I am confident it might dip about 800 dollars first. Then maybe it will rise a bit before it falls again. So sure it can rise.
don't be such a pessimist....about gold that is. Edited by Patuca

Mr schiff also predicts another crash coming soon....he was right the first time before the collapse 2007 and he sounded the warning in 2005/2006 ( for a greater understanding watch the video clips).......will he be right this time? He was laughed at first time..will they laugh this time? are you laughing?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/economics/1775965-will-peter-schiff-right-again.html

[ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YW9f2KsyaOI&feature=related]Peter Schiff Owning Everyone's Ass on C-span - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Patuca

Mr schiff also predicts another crash coming soon....he was right the first time before the collapse 2007 and he sounded the warning in 2005/2006 ( for a greater understanding watch the video clips ..all three).......will he be right this time? he was laughed at first time..will they laugh this time? are you laughing?

Will Peter Schiff Be Right Again?? (buy, sell, money, investing) - City-Data Forum

[ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YW9f2KsyaOI&feature=related]Peter Schiff Owning Everyone's Ass on C-span - YouTube[/ame]