Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

mohsinqureshii

Gold Bullish or Bearish

The short term trend is now UP

Time for a rethink.

bobc

:confused: :rofl:

what do PM's do around full moon?

( what I have read and what actually happens is different...;) )

The Boston Strangler is going to get you zdo

Indeed - he will get me … :roll eyes: unless they quickly pass a ban on assault backpacks and close that garage sale loophole on pressure cookers…

One more time, bob b… what do PM’s do around the full moon ?

(2 people are spying on you) View Now

Indeed - he will get me … :roll eyes: unless they quickly pass a ban on assault backpacks and close that garage sale loophole on pressure cookers…

One more time, bob b… what do PM’s do around the full moon ?

(2 people are spying on you) View Now

Hi zedo

PM's will trade sidewise or weaken around the full moon

bobc

Jim Rogers, in Money morning :

"If it gets to $1,200, I hope that I'm smart enough to buy even more," he said. "If it gets to $1,100, I hope I'm smart enough to buy even more. Speak to the chartists ... the technicians ... and [look at] the retracements, or whatever they call them. A 50% retracement is not unusual. A 60% retracement is not unusual. You can do the same math that I can. You can figure out what a 40%, 50% or 60% retracement would mean for someone."

Here's his key point. With declines that steep - taking gold prices down to $1,150, $950 or $750 an ounce - a lot of would-be gold investors will literally throw in the towel, and will abandon gold. That's when negative sentiment will have been maximized, and gold will have bottomed.

"Until people start accepting reality instead of denying reality, we're not going to make the bottom," he said. "Until a lot of people just pack it in and throw gold out the window ... then gold will make a beautiful bottom and we can all participate in a multi-year bull market."

"Until a lot of people just pack it in and throw gold out the window ... then gold will make a beautiful bottom and we can all participate in a multi-year bull market."

Or watch it flatline for a long while before a new bull market might start.

Out of the trading range, yes. And if one had been paying attention to what price was doing on the 8th and 9th, he would have been short on the 10th, not looking for a 20pt upside on the 12th.

Since you asked. :)

Now, of course, we're holding in a previous trading range that formed some time ago, but that is of course of no interest here, so whatever happens will likely be a surprise to those who aren't prepared.

Hey DB, why did you go short on the 10th if price is holding support?

attachment.php?attachmentid=35862&stc=1&d=1366753867

5aa711dc281f9_10-4gold.png.224af5fdb68fca5658a234e75377042a.png

All markets or just the metals, Bob?

Hi zdo

Tomorrow is Full Moon + a partial lunar eclipse + a big solar flare (condition red)

It usually takes a few days but Big trouble coming.

Expect markets to weaken.

regards

bobc

All markets or just the metals, Bob?

Hi kuokom

I cant answer that with authority.I am still learning.

The basis of my study is we are wired to astronomical conditions.

The tides etc

The female is hardcore wired to the Lunar cycle .... 28 days.

The male is hardcore wired to ............??

Changes in external conditions cause excitability in us.

So a X flare from the Sun makes us do stupid things.

I think its all about the biggest force in the universe... magnetism.

How it works is the problem

My theory is that BIG markets with lots of participants ( S & P ) are affected more than a small market like Gold/ Silver.

You come from Luxemburg.

That indcates the DAX. Thats a Big market.

regards

bobc

Woaw! Keep learning. I am sure you will still make good calls here.

Thanks in advance !

Hi kuokom

I cant answer that with authority.I am still learning.

The basis of my study is we are wired to astronomical conditions.

The tides etc

The female is hardcore wired to the Lunar cycle .... 28 days.

The male is hardcore wired to ............??

Changes in external conditions cause excitability in us.

So a X flare from the Sun makes us do stupid things.

I think its all about the biggest force in the universe... magnetism.

How it works is the problem

My theory is that BIG markets with lots of participants ( S & P ) are affected more than a small market like Gold/ Silver.

You come from Luxemburg.

That indcates the DAX. Thats a Big market.

regards

bobc

Heres the best article I have read on the BIG FALL in Gold

bobc

My A/V blocked two attacks from that site which speaks loudly to me as to the validity of it.

Unless of course JPM is responsible for that too. :rofl:

The short term Gold trend remains UP

Gold bumped 1440, 3 days ago and is back there, a small resistance.

A market moving up in a lunar red period is a sign of strength.

Heres an easy trade for me...

Buy the breakout above 1440 with a tight stop below 1440.

I might have to wait a few days

regards

bobc

The short term Gold trend remains UP

Gold bumped 1440, 3 days ago and is back there, a small resistance.

A market moving up in a lunar red period is a sign of strength.

Heres an easy trade for me...

Buy the breakout above 1440 with a tight stop below 1440.

I might have to wait a few days

regards

bobc

Not sure if it'll go further..the demand for the Gold ETF is still weak and Goldman Sachs is now another investment banking firm sending out a bearish prospect of the metal in the near term...i hope Gold gets where its being predicted ($1200-$1260) so i can get some big long positions in it..

Hey DB, why did you go short on the 10th if price is holding support?

Might have better luck getting a reply to your question than I did to my simple agree or disagree one over on his topic but he maybe unsubscribed here.

But I got one for you, isn't investing dot com a free charting service.

And if so, unless someone doesn't trade for a living (you might not??), why wouldn't they use something a little more ummm "less free"?

Not sure if it'll go further..the demand for the Gold ETF is still weak and Goldman Sachs is now another investment banking firm sending out a bearish prospect of the metal in the near term...i hope Gold gets where its being predicted ($1200-$1260) so i can get some big long positions in it..

Hi Ammeo

How did you work out the above? My broker ,IG Markets, tells me 74% of their Gold clients are LONG.

I also hope it gets to 1200. Thats a BIG short sale.

BUT at the moment.....

Gold is now trading at 1476.

New stop at 1470. I am tempted to add another 5 contracts, but every time I do that the market retraces.

My target is now 1500 .Pure greed.

regards

bobc

I doubled my gold position today ... anyone else use this dip as a buying opportunity?

MMS

MMS, Yes using this “dip” as a buying opportunity (and by dip I’m thinking you mean the downdraft that started back in early Oct 12)… but certainly I’m not doubling up.

I’m buying incrementally more PMs when SI goes below .67… so far only two fills – one at 23.67 and one at 22.67 for an avg price of around 23.10 SI (and equivalent AU).

For a lot of such campaigns, I scale in in a manner I’ve described elsewhere… shorting USDINR, etc. (somewhat similar to the process 1a2b3cp4pp has been describing - sans options, btw) but in this particular case, I’m using stops. … and in this particular case I’m using a tight stop at ~22.30… and may move it to b.e. as early as this coming Sun night.

If I get stopped out I will just start over with three loads at 21.67 and proceed from there…( and also be prepared to stop back incrementally in if it goes back up.)

ie i'm projecting high probs of lower prices

Hi Ammeo

How did you work out the above? My broker ,IG Markets, tells me 74% of their Gold clients are LONG.

I also hope it gets to 1200. Thats a BIG short sale.

BUT at the moment.....

Gold is now trading at 1476.

New stop at 1470. I am tempted to add another 5 contracts, but every time I do that the market retraces.

My target is now 1500 .Pure greed.

regards

bobc

i just read some Articles on the web here and there and followed a few market commentators...

its never about how many retail traders are long in an asset at the moment, its more about supply and demand and Gold currently has a lesser demand at the big corporate firms and banks....+ what i said was a long term view (call it a couple of months or more) with no technicals involved..