Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

marty221

Customized Trading.com

I found their site and it does look very good but they do not give a trial. Does anyone have this software and does it work as good as it looks

Why do you need only this software while other trading system are available free?

I have worked with them for ~2yrs and used many of their indicators. Over this period of time I have met weekly to address all my programming questions.

I am happy to answer any specific questions you may have.

They will not disappoint.

Chris

Henry: I have his Trend Rider system. The system comes with a the indicators you need for your analysis. I also have David's CT_TL_Trader, where you can trade right from the charts using trend lines.

The Trend rider is for long term trades.

You can request a webinar from david, and he will demonstrate how the system works.

You pick the first entry, then let Trend Rider scale in and out as long as the trend continues. You just monitor the trade. The system will scale in as much as 10 entries. The system will also scale out at various points, and just keep taking profit. If anothe rbuying oportunity comes, the sytem will re-enter.

The Equity curve is nice and stabile.

Schedule a webinar and then make your decision. No obligation.

Davids, 100% behind his products, as he uses them everyday to trade.

Hey Marty221,

Be cautious about how much faith you place in information given about vendors on trading forums. Anyone can sign up, remember, including the vendors . . . Due dilligence is a must!

If you're looking for automated strategies then three big names are Joe Krutsinger, Thomas Stridsman, and Emilio Tomasini. All have published books, and all have made systems available for free. I am not prepared to vouch for the quality of their trading systems or products - once again, exercise due dilligence.

Hope that's helpful to you.

For what it's worth, David, aka: OpusTrader owns, operates and writes is own code. Look him up on Tradestation.

What sold me was while he was demonstrating his software, he was trading live.

Everyone has there style of trading.

Hey Marty221,

Be cautious about how much faith you place in information given about vendors on trading forums. Anyone can sign up, remember, including the vendors . . . Due dilligence is a must!

Hi BlueHorseshoe, I don't think that marty221 is vendor and promoting this software.

For what it's worth, David, aka: OpusTrader owns, operates and writes is own code. Look him up on Tradestation.

What sold me was while he was demonstrating his software, he was trading live.

Everyone has there style of trading.

Hi tmaxey,

I wasn't casting aspersions at you, the software vendor, or anyone else posting in this thread. I was just providing a general cautionary note about vendors jagging the forums, for Marty221 and for anyone else reading.

I have absolutely no knowledge of this specific vendor or his products, and I am completely unqualified to comment upon them.

Cheers.

I am not a vender and had questions about customized trading.com

I seem to be very lery of venders not allowing a trial. That gives me the feeling they are not sure of their product. This software migt be the holy grail , but if you cannot try it, I do not want to loose $2000.

You can schedule a live webinar with him and watch his products work in real time. There is no purchase necessary. You can ask as many questions necessary. He will also show you the equity curve of any symbol you request , for as long as you want . After your done the webinar, if your not convinced, you can either schedule another webinar, tell him your not interested, or pursue buying. Davids not inerested in selling you any specific product. He first wants to know what your skill level is, and what your style is: scalp, swing, long. Then you can discuss how you would like to trade. Then he will suggest which product will fit your style. He will schedule a second webinar, and demonstrate the system curtailed to you.

I choose his trend rider system, because I don't want to sit in front of the computer all day. The trend rider system is not initially automatic. You have to make the first trade in the trend direction. After that, the system will buy and sell as the trend continues. The strategy goes on a 5 min chart and you do your analysis on the day chart. I trade 10,000 shares for each entry. The system will scale in up to 10 entries. Each enty is not linked to each other. So, each one exits at different times.

You may have your standards, that state that you must be able to download and try the system for a trial time. I did to. I had 5 webinars with David before I purchased his product, and 3 more with him to properly set it up and ask additional questions. He gets into more detail of how the system works and what he uses after the purchase to protect his property. His products may not be for you either. The webinars are for free. And you can ask and demonstrate any product he has.

I do not represent Customized trading. I own his software. And I'm happy the way it operates for me.

I use it on 28 pairs all at once. I place a trade Sunday night, and use his TL_Trader to set a trendline stop. I use this product to set a stop because, you will not lose the location of your stop if you have a data disconnection, or you shut down your computer. I let all 28 run for the week, with a maximum of 4 entries each. Some will stop out, and the rest will trade for the entire week. Because trend rider scales in, and out, you are left with a profit at the end of the week. I find that by Wednesday or Thursday, the portfolio of pais has reached its peak profit. Profit can range from 1,000 to 5000 depending on how the week of news events went. I trade this way to limit my liability. With just 10,000 shares (mini) the system will not scale in additional shares until the first entry is profitable, so the loss is not multiplied by additional shares. You will have losses, but with 28 pairs, the chances of picking the correct trend direction are greater than experiancing a reversal.

Think about it. If you want to try his product, then schedule a webinar, if not thats OK too. I found it helpful that David lead me through alot of questions that I had about how to trade, and helped me see trading in a different light. I use to trade on the Tick. It was a white knukle strategy, that you had to be at the screen at the time of the trade. I'm done with that. I wake up in the moring , move my stops, check my trend directions and I'm done for the day. I check back at night before I go to sleep. I close out all trades on Thursday or Friday morning depending on how the week turned out. And thats it.

You are never going to find a holy grail. It doesn't exist. All strategies lose money. Thats why I trade a basket of forex pairs and let the winners continue for the week.

Good luck in you endevors in finding a strategy that fits you. I've been there, and have purchased many black boxes. Customized trading products are not black boxs. And unless you persue it, you will never know.

Google for PGO. Pretty Good Oscillator is well known for being a riddle but it leads to lots of other free code and a ton of good information. I'm not associated with the PGO oscillator or it's creater. My choice to recomend it within the context of this topic is based upon the opportunity to embed a riddle within a riddle. This secondary riddle, the new one, remains somewhat of a riddle to me also. I have not solved it. I've just found this new riddle or defined it.

The creator of PGO has the same first and last name as the proprietor of the Customized Trading site. I'm curious if the MJ, who created PGO, and somtimes referred to himself as MGJ, is a different MJ than the MJ who runs the CT site and who's middle initial is D instead of G.

I found their site and it does look very good but they do not give a trial. Does anyone have this software and does it work as good as it looks

I am not a vender and had questions about customized trading.com

I seem to be very lery of venders not allowing a trial. That gives me the feeling they are not sure of their product. This software migt be the holy grail , but if you cannot try it, I do not want to loose $2000.

I think this "a bit" overpriced for many traders...

Hello Gentleman,

I am the vendor, Mark David Johnson from CustomizedTrading.com.

I meet with Marty today and he told me he was on this site so I just want to come see the site.

I will allow all the HD trading videos posted free on the web site speak for the quality of Trading information the site offers.

Wishing every trader a properous year,

Mark David Johnson

Hey MDJ!

Welcome to Traders Laboratory.

Are you the author of PGO, Pretty Good Oscillator?

Hello Gentleman,

I am the vendor, Mark David Johnson from CustomizedTrading.com.

I meet with Marty today and he told me he was on this site so I just want to come see the site.

I will allow all the HD trading videos posted free on the web site speak for the quality of Trading information the site offers.

Wishing every trader a properous year,

Mark David Johnson

Ok thank you. PGO was written by a lengendary trader, who also happens to be named Mark Johnson. I noticed similarities and differences but I wasn't able to determine for certain. Thanks for solving that riddle. And thanks to the other MJ for the original riddle.