Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

snowrex

Best Automated Trading Platform

Believe me, zulutrade or Metatrader do not have an exclusive on Forex. Not even close. They probably get less than 1/10th of 1% of the forex transactions worldwide. I was trading forex long before these guys and will continue trading forex long after them.

I use Tradestation for charting as I have done since the 80s. My first copy was sold to me by Bill Cruz himself (Tradestation called SystemWriter in those days).

For trade execution, I use currently Oanda for my personal/family trading account. And, I use HotSpotFxi for the institutional account I manage. Not my choice, but it's an excellent platform anyway and I am use to it.

It is only my opinion, but I feel the Metatrader platform is setup to help the trader lose money the quickest. It is made for the broker, you know! And, by the Russians! And, it's hack-city within that community. What do your really expect? It's setup to help you lose money the quickest with the way it positions leverage, and its use of colors (reds specifically). My two centavos.

Respect mate, you seem like a knowledgeable guy!!

Can you elaborate more on the differences (advantages) of what you are using? are they easy platforms to operate with or smth I will get lost? seriously first time I hear about then. Oanda i've read somewhere it is a broker right?

Respect mate, you seem like a knowledgeable guy!!

Can you elaborate more on the differences (advantages) of what you are using? are they easy platforms to operate with or smth I will get lost? seriously first time I hear about then. Oanda i've read somewhere it is a broker right?

I like Tradestation for charting because I write my own code (indicators), which I can write scripts to back test over many years of data. I also stick with Tradestation because I am most comfortable with them, and their charts. When I see other charts, it seems like I'm looking at toys or wannabe charting services. By the way, I still use bar charts, never took a liking to candles because I feel they take up too much chart real estate. Just like Tradestation, I like bars better than candles because that is what I am used to. Chart image attached. As you can see, my charts are simple, no flashy indicators or anything like that. Price action is always the primary indicator and I often wait for markets to prove its intentions before jumping in based on indicators.

Next, I like Oanda for trade execution. Excellent customer service, very tight spreads, excellent platform, etc etc. Oanda is one of the biggest, but also it is interesting to note that Oanda is the number #1 broker with highest percentage of profitable accounts. Source: US Forex brokers profitability report for Q3 2011 - OANDA back on top, profitability up | Forex Magnates

Oanda has held #1 position of most profitable accounts than any other broker for the all the quarters leading up to this report.

However, Oanda recently started offering Metatrader and guess what? Profitable accounts have dropped? Coincidence? I think not.

Now, Interactive Brokers is #1 (they have large percentage of professional traders and they do not offer Metatrader), so they should keep this #1 spot forever.

source: Interactive Brokers (IB) publishes forex accounts profitability - is the largest and most 'profitable' broker | Forex Magnates

My best advice, trade using the tools of the professionals. Don't be afraid to spend a few dollars on a real charting service. Get very accustom to it and trade confidently.

eurusd-4hr.thumb.png.e5b7d573e282552025ad5511aa350e1c.png

setups.thumb.png.b335e1ac9bae65556a514e9abbd372d9.png

I'm almost tempted to try Tradestation. Easylanguage looks so much easier than NinjaTraders language. I love NinjaTrader, its just that i have to outsource my coding and it gets expensive for long extensive coding....another reason to keep it simple.

I have a lifetime license to NT, so thats enough encouragement to persevere i guess. Whats Tradestation cost to use?

Cheers,

XS

I'm almost tempted to try Tradestation. Easylanguage looks so much easier than NinjaTraders language. I love NinjaTrader, its just that i have to outsource my coding and it gets expensive for long extensive coding....another reason to keep it simple.

I have a lifetime license to NT, so thats enough encouragement to persevere i guess. Whats Tradestation cost to use?

Cheers,

XS

Tradestation is about $250-300/mth depending on your data feeds.

However, if you fund an account (min $5k), you can get TS for a discounted price of about $150/mth.

If you trade with them, and have so many transactions per month, you can get $100 of that waived (almost free then), but still have to pay data fees.

If you only trade forex, I believe you can get Forex for free entirely if you fund an account. No monthly or data fees, but you are only limited to forex data.

The thing I do if have a funded account there, (no trading required). I get the discounted rate, and my monthly fees are debited from my balance.

Like I previously said, I love Tradestation and would not consider anything else as a professional trader. You can contact my rep at Tradestation if you have more questions. He's happy to help:

Peter Albino

Direct: (888) 735-1222

Email palbino@tradestation.com

I dont know about tradestation , but it seems like a platofrm for proffesionals who will sit and analyze the market and so on , certainly not for me , looking at charts all the time must be boring as hell , zulutrade is doing its job very good.

Tradestation is about $250-300/mth depending on your data feeds.

However, if you fund an account (min $5k), you can get TS for a discounted price of about $150/mth.

If you trade with them, and have so many transactions per month, you can get $100 of that waived (almost free then), but still have to pay data fees.

If you only trade forex, I believe you can get Forex for free entirely if you fund an account. No monthly or data fees, but you are only limited to forex data.

The thing I do if have a funded account there, (no trading required). I get the discounted rate, and my monthly fees are debited from my balance.

Like I previously said, I love Tradestation and would not consider anything else as a professional trader. You can contact my rep at Tradestation if you have more questions. He's happy to help:

Peter Albino

Direct: (888) 735-1222

Email palbino@tradestation.com

Thanks.....I think I've got too much into Ninja for now...i think i will persevere and maybe take one of the courses and learn how to program some indicators first...you never know maybe i'll actually pick it up!

XS

strategYard.com also offers web server API to allow users to develop automated trading strategy. You will have to find data source on your own, but you can use any language (matlab, c#, java) to develop your strategies.

strategYard.com also offers web server API to allow users to develop automated trading strategy. You will have to find data source on your own, but you can use any language (matlab, c#, java) to develop your strategies.

I just read an article in Novembers Stock and Commodities magazine on this Tradestation Add-on.

Very cool....There is a white paper as well that many should read, its on the site.

They will have a NinjaTrader add on in the second half of the year.

This guy is literally a rocket scientist!

XS

I just read an article in Novembers Stock and Commodities magazine on this Tradestation Add-on.

Very cool....There is a white paper as well that many should read, its on the site.

They will have a NinjaTrader add on in the second half of the year.

This guy is literally a rocket scientist!

XS

Thanks, but the link or white paper did not come through. Please repost. Thanks again.

The best platform for automated trading is obviously meta trader. You can program the trading plan by yourself or get robots that already have their own techniques, but be careful of that cause some are not really working and you will end up losing money. You will also need a broker that supports automating trading, usually ECN brokers. I run my robots at sunbirdfx and also in Alpari and they are good brokers for automated trading.

Dear Members,

what about products like?

• FAP Turbo Forex Robot

• Gold Binary Option System BB 12 by Chris Kunnundro

• FOREX Megadroid

• No Loss Robot

• FOREX Ivybot

Does any of you have anyexperience with one of them or another product?

Plese let me know what you think.

Best regards

Robin

long story short = junk food for trading

What about using tradesense from Trade Navigator for developing automated trading strategies?

the tradesense code is easy, but are there limitations compared to easy language from tradestation?

Correct. I've been doing a lot of research lately. Most people seem to point Zulutrade to be the best one out there. Although I haven't tried them yet though. vbulletin-smile.gif

I agree with the following, it is among the best (aka the most profitable ) trading platform out there. but you need to test drive in order to form a proper opinion and experience!

Correct. I've been doing a lot of research lately. Most people seem to point Zulutrade to be the best one out there. Although I haven't tried them yet though. vbulletin-smile.gif

Trade in zulutrade is have lack there, we can't open more than one orders within a second. we must wait for more minutes to open new orders. I tend to trade in PAMM of liteforex broker, there are many super professional trader that become the trader manager there..

Trade in zulutrade is have lack there, we can't open more than one orders within a second. we must wait for more minutes to open new orders. I tend to trade in PAMM of liteforex broker, there are many super professional trader that become the trader manager there..

Well you seem like you are a scalper trader,and zulutrade doesn't not support these type of trading. I would never follow traders like this this is for sure. You are way to risky for my risk management. I would not advise PAMM accounts, they lock your equity for at least 6 month for trading that you dont know how secure or, decent (regulated it is) :doh:

Guest OILFXPRO
Zulutrade is the best Automated Trading System and therefore most of the forex trader prefer it for automated forex trading.

Did the vendor pay you to advertise?Is this a zoo?

Guest OILFXPRO
Well you seem like you are a scalper trader,and zulutrade doesn't not support these type of trading. I would never follow traders like this this is for sure. You are way to risky for my risk management. I would not advise PAMM accounts, they lock your equity for at least 6 month for trading that you dont know how secure or, decent (regulated it is) :doh:

Most of the forums are polluted like zoos , with animals from Zulu land.