Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

slick60

EURUSD Et Al Trading

As I worked on my charts shortly after 4:00am this morning in my peripheral vision on one of my monitors I observed a red line plotting on my 2 minute chart from top to bottom very quickly. YES! Germany has come on board for the Eurozone plan and all will be just grand. Wait a minute the spear was falling and it should be going the other way. Aha! Give it another minute and now it was going to where it should have gone all along. Sooooooooo!

Did anyone expect anything but?

Now we have hit a .618 retracement and confluence of fibs on the daily chart at 1.2936. And we all know that QE3 is about to be unleashed tomorrow which will send this currency to the moon. Really? What if we are being set up by all the big names who take our money on a regular basis. Do you honestly believe that thems with the money don't know the news already.

I am a bitch of a contrarian and often bite the bullet. Oddly enough the market does move with respect to fibs in more than one way. Elliott does in fact play a part for pattern recognition which of course nobody believes in because it is too subjective.

I have the same daily chart below posted a couple days ago. It is really starting to look a little overdone to me even though all the good things in the world are about to happen to the Euro. I am now looking south once again and am seeing the 1.1660's in my crystal ball. I feel this move should take about three months into December. We shall monitor price movement and keep you posted should I be anywhere within the realm of sanity. Not to mention still being alive.

Be careful of the news tomorrow. In all liklihood It will not be what it is perceived to be.

daily

slick60

5aa71140061d7_EurUsdSept12daily.thumb.png.8f7e5038bd0e37a695ee8cefc9ee5b08.png

Edited by slick60
ad chart

Furthering my last post I have not given up on the impossible - that the euro may move south instead of north. I know that with the Draghi save the Euro scheme and Germany now going along (surprise) and the throw in the towel Obama QE3 out in the open what else will cause the euro to climb. Nothing! My opinion. We have done the shock and awe, made provisions to pay our friends ( who created all this toxic waste to begin with) who run the government in case we do not get re-elected. I can see no further reason to carry on this charade.

I am still viewing a potential wave pattern into the future from a monthly chart. I hate to do it but I am looking at possible levels that may reverse this move for now. They are 1.3026 and 1.3111. The first takes in the overshoot quarter above the major quarter of 1.3000 and the 2nd takes in the 1.3080 gap fill back on May 7, 2012.

If this move continues past tomorrow I will be perhaps leaning to continuation as all the signs point to where we should be going.

Look at the DX chart alongside the Euro

daily euro 2012-09-13_1958 - slick60's library

dx daily 2012-09-13_1959 - slick60's library

slick60

Furthering my last post I have not given up on the impossible - that the euro may move south instead of north. I know that with the Draghi save the Euro scheme and Germany now going along (surprise) and the throw in the towel Obama QE3 out in the open what else will cause the euro to climb. Nothing! My opinion. We have done the shock and awe, made provisions to pay our friends ( who created all this toxic waste to begin with) who run the government in case we do not get re-elected. I can see no further reason to carry on this charade.

I am still viewing a potential wave pattern into the future from a monthly chart. I hate to do it but I am looking at possible levels that may reverse this move for now. They are 1.3026 and 1.3111. The first takes in the overshoot quarter above the major quarter of 1.3000 and the 2nd takes in the 1.3080 gap fill back on May 7, 2012.

If this move continues past tomorrow I will be perhaps leaning to continuation as all the signs point to where we should be going.

Look at the DX chart alongside the Euro

daily euro 2012-09-13_1958 - slick60's library

dx daily 2012-09-13_1959 - slick60's library

slick60

The euro is and will continue moving south. You have to contend with the US Dollar moving south faster.

The euro is and will continue moving south. You have to contend with the US Dollar moving south faster.

Yes, I can see how fast the euro is going down. It is only up 1,126 pips in the last 38 trading days zooming down past your short entry over 6 months ago. After giving up over 700 pips of a trade and totally annihilating your add on position below 1.2600 while the euro crashed and burned I think slick will continue to manage his own money. This kind of trading and money management is far too simple for me to grasp.

Good luck traders. For the long term "investors" you may wish to follow the Mighty Mouse and his simple trading and money management system.

slick60

Yes, I can see how fast the euro is going down. It is only up 1,126 pips in the last 38 trading days zooming down past your short entry over 6 months ago. After giving up over 700 pips of a trade and totally annihilating your add on position below 1.2600 while the euro crashed and burned I think slick will continue to manage his own money. This kind of trading and money management is far too simple for me to grasp.

Good luck traders. For the long term "investors" you may wish to follow the Mighty Mouse and his simple trading and money management system.

slick60

My comment regards the fact that the Euro is being devalued and so is the dollar. You should understand this if you are trading currencies. The euro/usd is only one way to trade the euro.

Son, I made money on the trade. I likely made both more in pips and dollars, than you did over the same period. I didn't make as much as I could have if I got out at the low, but I would have made a lot more if it went lower. You do have the luxury of knowing when I entered. A luxury not to many others are willing to afford. One needs big balls to trade the way I do. Based on your tone,it is obviously not your type of trading. And, I am certainly not offering anyone a system, method or service.

My comment regards the fact that the Euro is being devalued and so is the dollar. You should understand this if you are trading currencies. The euro/usd is only one way to trade the euro.

Son, I made money on the trade. I likely made both more in pips and dollars, than you did over the same period. I didn't make as much as I could have if I got out at the low, but I would have made a lot more if it went lower. You do have the luxury of knowing when I entered. A luxury not to many others are willing to afford. One needs big balls to trade the way I do. Based on your tone,it is obviously not your type of trading. And, I am certainly not offering anyone a system, method or service.

How old are you Dad?

Your Son slick

Hey Dharmik

What time zone are you folks in with this chart?

Thanks

slick60

Dharmik, come to life man. Perhaps you misunderstood my question.

Are you in GMT, Eastern standard time, Central, Pacific etc time zone?

Looked at your site and very interesting.

I really cannot see on the chart.

Thanks

slick60

Some health issues get in the road of regular postings for me. I have mentioned in the past about Steve Mauro and his market makers theory. There certainly is value in what he says. I have spent a little time furthering my education into this matter and a fellow by the name of Martin Cole teaches some good stuff in my opinion. Free course link is below. For anyone wishing to look at the market in a different light take some time and listen. It will change the way that you look at the markets.

Market makers method training course freeLearning How To Trade with Martin Cole

Good trading folks

slick60

Morning session Nov 15, 2012

I thought I would post a snap of a 2 minute chart of the 6E Dec contract to show how one may be able to track the market makers and what are they doing in the market. I use a 2 minute with volume in the 6E as it gives me a fairly good idea of what is taking place with order flow. This chart will be much more meaningful to you if you read and study Martin Cole in my last post.

I know the BIG question to me is Okay, I believe you, the market is manipulated by big money that create movement. BUT how the hell can I follow that and see what they are doing?

I hope this chart helps in that respect. It can be taken in context to larger time frames with the same concept being applied.

2012-11-15_1203 - slick60's library

Let's hitch a ride with the MM's people.

slick60

P.S. If anyone has charts or ideas that will assist us with this concept please post them in this thread. Thank you.

Thought I would try and show the reciprocal end of the up-move in my last post with a 2 minute chart of the 6E for Nov 16. This I feel is the way that the market makers work their business plan in order to trap you and a lot of professional hedge funds on the wrong side of the market. Try and view the market from their ( MM ) perspective knowing that you are only part of their plan. As you see the market shooting up or down always ask yourself the questions - "Who is doing the buying or the selling?"; "Where does the market have to go in order for the market makers to make money?"; "How will I know when the move is nearing an end?".

I hope this picture answers some of these questions that we should never forget.

Have some fun trading and make some money!

2012-11-18_0927 - slick60's library

slick60

I want to post a snap of a composite market profile of the 6E Dec contract (Will have the same look for the EURUSD) showing the current retracement move that we are in from approximately 9:00am EST Nov 13. We have had 2 equal legs up into yesterday's high and I am looking for a third leg taking us up to the 1.2875 area before another move down.

This snap shows specifically what I believe Peter Steidlmayer is teaching with "volume strip analysis". From the fast inexpensive move of the market makers to drop the bottom out of the euro in the middle of the night we see on this 15 minute profile 4 bars one-time-framing into the circled area of "minus development'. Please note the labels of the O H L & Close of this bar. This is an excellent way to gauge if a move is completing. An 84 pip slide in 1 hour! That is the market maker for you & don't let anyone tell you anything different.

The market profile is one of several good tools to employ for tracking the market. I wish to share how I view and follow the market. I will be posting further snaps showing another very neat indicator which is free for Trade Station users.

If you can begin to understand the structure of the market within the market makers business plan then you will begin to view charts from behind the screen rather than in front. I like to marry both sides of the screen.

A phrase coined in the Steve Mauro presentations which has validity while viewing the chart price action I kind of like - "ONCE YOU SEE IT, YOU CANNOT UNSEE IT !"

2012-11-21_0609 - slick60's library

Burp, fart, cough and the world goes on. Tune in tomorrow for slick's next rant - lol

Good trading people

slick60

As I mentioned in my last post I wanted to show you Trade Station users a a FREE neat indicator that is available from Emini Trading – Free Emini Trading Indicators from Emini-Watch.com that I feel really helps to read the market in relation to the market makers business plan.

On this snap of the eurusd 2 minute chart for Nov 23 you can see the volume indicator together with the better volume paint bar for the candles. These are both available with explanation of the coloring and use on the site above. This indicator can be plotted on any time frame. Worth checking out.

Note the red up climax bars where the MM is taking profits and manipulating the market into his pocket. I feel there are various levels of market makers at work at any given time from the day time frame bid and ask guys facilitating trade to the large banks and brokers who have your best interests at heart ( N O T ) and are playing for the longer term. They move the market to the beat of their drummer and the size of their vault. You can follow them.

Hope this may help some of you

Good trading all

http://content.screencast.com/users/slick60/folders/Jing/media/2d70ef6c-bb7a-45ff-9145-996d018d84cd/2012-11-25_1039.png

slick60

I placed the important quarters lines on my TS daily chart today and it showed once again how important the Quarters Theory is for price action and price targets. This is not new in my posts. These are levels to where the market makers manipulate price. Having a daily chart marked up like I show gives you levels to assess price action and watch for potential price reversals.

daily http://content.screencast.com/users/slick60/folders/Jing/media/b4c97c35-cc6b-4004-af6a-2b039e277061/2012-11-25_0958.png

slick60

I have hesitated to show this chart marked up as it is here but it really is worth sharing I feel. I don't know if anyone here looks at the moon phases to try to get a handle on the moves of the market - I will let you be the judge as you view this chart.

Please excuse the messy appearance of the chart - it is very clear to me.

Couple things to understand here. When the moon is at "PERIGEE" it is closest to the Earth. When it is at "APOGEE" it is furthest away from the Earth in its' orbit. Note especially the dojis at the NEW MOON phase.

Something else on this chart are a couple of red boxes during the last euro move from its' low on July 24 till now. That is the time the planet Mercury is in retrograde. Please Google these terms if you are interested-too much to write here.

Also on this chart are the delta cycles when they are due. Now couple the delta up with the phases in the moon and something happens at those times. Nothing written in stone. Is there a high probability something will happen - to me YES without a doubt.

At present we should correct here near term and then head higher. I am looking at the 1.3175 level at least on this present move. You can see to the right side of the chart where important delta points are due on average. There is so much more to the market and its' movement than we understand.

Thanks to Dharmik who posted in this thread, but would not respond to me, for steering me once again to the astrological approach to trading.

I hope this may help you folks in some way.

2012-11-27_0645 - slick60's library

Good trading guys!

slick60

This has been a very dragged out affair for the euro going north in a corrective mode in my opinion. We are nearing an end to a three wave count from the Nov 13 low. In the 4 hour snap below you will see colored boxes around price. Each box represents a 5 wave count from left to right. The red box is the center of the move. If I am correct we have one more wave to complete to the upside which I feel will come in at the area of the .786 shown at 1.3153 with the market makers opportunity tomorrow with the euro rate setting and press conference; OR Draghi speaking Friday morning and then the NFP..

As I type we are close to a final 4th wave correction before this last shot up. 1.3172 should hold in here now.

Friday is also an intermediate term delta high 'due on average' day which could bring in the reversal to a 300 pip correction at this time very quickly in 4 to 5 days.

2012-12-05_0657 - slick60's library

Watch for the high and reverse

slick60

The market makers do not make it easy and they continually throw out a smoke screen. If everyone knew how to read their moves it would be easy and there would be no market. Once again I have to post an alternate view from my last post with the bigger picture still in tact. We may have completed a 5 wave move at the highs this morning and are making a "b" wave of a three wave correction. A reasonable target on the downside is the area of the Major Quarter 1.3000. To get our intermediate delta high due Friday which may drift over into Mon or Tues next week we will do an irregular correction of this current move down. Back to new highs. This move stopped at the mid point between large quarters and may retrace from the 1.3000 level to 1.3175-1.3227. I like the 1.3175 Hesitation zone. Then down to the 1.2875 midpoint below.

4 hr chart http://screencast.com/t/y58k2T2CasU

slick60

Edited by slick60
Replace chart

Market is going along pretty much as expected. One slight up phase did not come to pass but overall we are on track. At present I am looking at 2 levels in euro. As I type we are building sideways at the .618 retrace of the move down from the 1.3126 high that ended 5 waves up from the Nov 13 low. The .618 at 1.3031 to me is a resting point for the market and a level from which the market maker is accumulating short for the downside move to come. A retrace to the .786 as shown on the chart below makes a great level to reverse to a possible destination of 1.2825 hesitation zone below. At that level we would create a zig zag retrace of the 466 pip move up from Nov 13 wherein each down move would be 250 pips.

I am looking for the high within the next 24 hours and a sharp move lower.

Using delta cycles are a very good means for me to determine market direction. On each time frame there is an inversion period where the cycle points can invert and it is confusing quite often beginning a new cycle as shown on this chart.

Anything can happen and does happen in the markets to throw a screw into the soothsayer and I do take it up the butt from time to time. Ouch!

4hr chart 2012-12-12_0631 - slick60's library

Good luck and good trading people

slick60

Hi traders. As I mentioned in my last post anything can happen and does happen. The market makers gave slick an "ouch". The wave pattern is at an either or stage of alternate scenarios as is quite often the case. Shown on the daily chart below is a possibly completed a-b-c corrective pattern into the November 13 low as a second wave of five that is heading north to the mid 1.40's. Mario Draghi is saying his euro is irreversible and Ben Bernanke is saying interest rates on his side of the Atlantic will remain at next to nothing until the unemployment rate comes down to a much lower level. So we can make a case for a much higher euro.

Getting close to the scary sounding "fiscal cliff" the market makers can dump any number of rumors upon us to create opportunities to remove your account from your pocket to theirs. Lord knows what they will do. To add to the mix the delta points that I follow are also at an inversion time when they can invert top to bottom. The Elliott Wave pattern can be making a large 2nd wave from the Sept 17 high with the "b" leg completing a 1.272 retrace of the "a" leg down.

On an hourly chart you can see a fractal of the daily pattern into the low on Friday. Are we done to the downside?? Need to watch and wait for clues.

I am looking for higher prices into January but am ready to take what they hand me.

daily chart 2012-12-22_1235 - slick60's library

I would like to wish everyone who reads this thread happy holidays and a very Merry Christmas.

slick60

An interesting weekly chart below shows some significant symmetry in the euro market movement from the high to the low of 2012. Note the fiobnacci bar counts with the colored lines marked in magenta numbers. See the triangular symmetry of the moves within a larger "green" triangle. All sides are part of the fibonacci sequence of numbers. Some sides are 'twins' of a fibo such as 2 x 8 = 16 twin and 42 etc.

Elliott discovered that similar market moves will alternate in shape etc. I have found that alternation is in the market steady. Note the patterns in this chart with alternation inside and outside the green triangle. The longest and shortest waves where they are in either up or down in the move. Whether the alternating lines of similar color and length are ups or downs.

To me this is kind of compelling with the longer term 'green' and shorter patterns coming together in what appears perfect harmony with last week's Dec 21 bar.

Do we end with this high of last week and are now due for a healthy correction at this time. OR will they break the pattern and continue north. One has to be hanging on the edge of the cliff at present.

I hope this may be of some help to market timers who peruse this thread.

weekly 2012-12-22_1006 - slick60's library

The red and black numbers on the chart are of Delta MTD red time frame.

Take a holiday break and enjoy............

slick60

Happy New Year to everyone out there in trader's land. May 2013 be the year that turns your profits higher!

Waiting for the "fiscal cliff" decision appears to be what is on tap for the markets at present. Will it take place during today's trading or sneak in a BIG gap to start 2013. A profile chart below shows a hole in development that I feel will get some attention before the market moves on. A balancing is taking place in my eyes.

The delta daily chart shows that we are still in limbo where inversion may take place at any time. The ITD 1 low is due on average on January 2nd. That may become a gap down opening for the year. Only time will tell. Hold onto your money and your dreams while this fiascal completes.

Profile 2012-12-31_0724 - slick60's library

Delta http://screencast.com/t/dHTOEWA8r6ed

Hope to see ya'all next year

slick60

Edited by slick60
Replace daily chart