Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

slick60

EURUSD Et Al Trading

P.S. Don't be afraid to post your comments. I feel I am out here all alone and WHY should I continue to do this?

I´m with you Slick!

You are quite a bit above my level but it is very lightening to read up on your thread every week or so. You seem so solid and encouraging, that´s the best way I can describe it...

Like I said 10-15 pages back, thanks for your contribution! ;)

Edited by McKeen

To Dharmik Team:

:angry: Shame on you for spamming this great man´s thread with your junk!!! :angry:

Take your astrological nonsense to another forum, it does not belong in this thread and nor on this site!!!

Ps. Your post has been reported and I hope you will be banned forever Ds.

Edited by McKeen
Reported spam

I´m with you Slick!

You are quite a bit above my level but it is very lightening to read up on your thread every week or so. You seem so solid and encouraging, that´s the best way I can describe it...

Like I said 10-15 pages back, thanks for your contribution! ;)

Holy shit - someone finally posted on this thread. Fell right out of my chair. Thanks McKeen. If you have ideas please post.

I lost all my Ninja charts on Friday and have been busy so no time lately to post. Markets are moving where I thought.

slick

To Dharmik Team:

:angry: Shame on you for spamming this great man´s thread with your junk!!! :angry:

Take your astrological nonsense to another forum, it does not belong in this thread and nor on this site!!!

Ps. Your post has been reported and I hope you will be banned forever Ds.

Geez McKeen you had him removed before I got a chance to discount his poor analysis for today. Even I can do better than that.

slick

I have been busy with a crashed Ninja Trader and an early spring where I live in Canada.

Here are two snaps of a euro trade set-up this morning on the 15 minute chart as it looked at entry time and at 8:30am this morning. The market profile chart accompanies.

The ma lines show that price is in a trending mode to the south. We have experienced a very narrow overnight Asian session of 19 pips. This is balance or equilibrium as noted by Robin Mesch, another market profile expert. The Asian session shows a nice profile shaped like a Bell curve. It is ready to transition and creates opportunity.

Monitor price movement to see which way it will break from the Bell curve. When it leaves balance it creates the "go with" trade as noted in the 2nd snap.

I hope this may be helpful to those learning

This initial entry gives an easy confident 20 pip trade - in futures that is $250.00 in one contract. Those who understand the implications and opportunity of the narrow session would probably hold or add to positions. We are all different the way we trade.

2012-03-20_0824 - slick60's library

2012-03-20_0824 - slick60's library

Good trading everyone

slick60

I have Aussie data going back to 1973 on Trade Station. I am not sure if it was the high that I now show or not. Aha - yes it was as I find in Wikipedia below

The highest valuation of the Australian dollar relative to the U.S. dollar was during the period of the peg to the U.S. dollar. On 9 September 1973, the peg was adjusted to US$1.4875, the fluctuation limits being changed to US$1.485 - US$1.490[10]; on both 7 December 1973 and 10 December 1973, the noon buying rate in New York City for cable transfers payable in foreign currencies reached its highest point of 1.4885 U.S. dollars to one Australian dollar

From the 1973 pegging of the aussie we have completed a long term auction on April 6, 2001. Since that time we have been correcting. The 1st a-b-c auction retraced 50% of the decline. It then retraced .382 of that move and then expanded north with an equal 2nd a-b-c auction to the 1.1080 level on July 27, 2011. That completed a "w-x-y" double zig-zag formation. Monthly charts are shown for the long term moves. Have we now completed the retrace of that large move down at the .618 fibonacci retrace level? OR are we still to make a triple zig-zag corection further north?

On my messy weekly chart that I show is highlighted what is taking place in wave form at present in magenta. All the lines on the chart are very meaningful to me and I am not about to take them off to show the EW pattern. I apologize.

Also on the weekly chart you can see the Delta cycles and when they are due on average.

I like to have fun with fibonacci and my crystal ball. Without any snow in the ball I can see a 5 wave retrace at present to the .9587 level which would be just above the hesitation zone for the large quarter at 0.9500. From that level a .618 x the 2nd a-b-c zig-zag move would bring us to the 1.2722 level shown on the chart and a .786 retrace of the complete move down from 1973. 1.2740 would make a 50% wave x the "w-x-y" double zig-zag and give us nice fibonacci confluence.

This is a detailed post and I hope you all can understand. A lot of slick's conjecture also but "we shall see".

Happy trading folks

slick60

5aa710df7a666_AUDUSD1973-2012.thumb.png.c49fc48e6b74fd7dda4d03878ffcd281.png

5aa710df84127_AUDUSD2001-2012.thumb.png.8bc7645b79f38ca70c2402c59256380f.png

5aa710df8c5de_AUDUSD2012weekly.thumb.png.7e0072e7d50cc6383ee64f7a0ed749cb.png

From the Feb 29 high we have experienced 5 waves down and at present appear to be in a flat correction of that move down. Going along with my previous post I am looking for 5 waves down in this move. Wave one is complete and working on wave 2.

Note the SITD 4 hr points on the chart when they were due on average. At present I am looking for this present decline to go further to the 1.144 level of 1.0392 and then a quickie north rebound to the 1.0625 midpoint. A nice fibo 233 pips.

At that point if we get there I will be looking for a sharp sell off if I am correct in reading the auctions over the past year.

cheers everyone

slick

5aa710df9d958_AUDUSD4hrSITD.thumb.png.2958d14ed47cbcce3413e47669d55cec.png

Aussie is a bit weaker than I expected but hopefully still in the same wave pattern mentioned above. There is a nice confluence of fibs at 1.0348 that would fit well with this move down that should give way to a nice retrace north. If the low is not in at this time the low should be in before today's close.

Should we start to go deeper than this number then we are on our way down into the end of this month immediately to where a low is due on the 30th March.

slick60

I do not have a AUDUSD profile constructed for this pair as yet. The 6A is the same in movement but at present approximately 100 pips below the forex pair. The 6A composite profile is shown for the last auction up from the Nov 2011 low to the March 2012 high and the present move of correction which is filling in the greater "Bell Curve".

Two snaps are shown. The 2nd is the present move in progress. One can see the bell curve is weak on the lower end of the profile and that is what it is trying to fill. Price moves to fill areas of low usage from mode (the POC of the bell curve) to what I call and label mini-modes. These are shelves of high usage at the modes.

Note how price moves around and conforms to the Quarters points.

At present I would look at an initial target of 1.0225 area for this wave down and then after a retrace of filling down to the next level of 1.0125

I hope this helps and shows a bigger picture rather than our myopic short term trading charts. Price does move around within the long term 2 way auction process.

slick60

5aa710dfd4f79_10.FillingprofilefromNovlow.thumb.png.0f25e2eeefe65bef2cab8c83c32ee6cc.png

5aa710dfdd88d_11.FillingprofilefromNovlow.thumb.png.089499d96009dde91e24cd46e46dfa6d.png

Two snaps here show profile developing with this correction down and how the Bell curve is coming to fruition which is a sign that the market is about to make a transition move. Two charts here give a bit of understanding. For further enlightenment I suggest Googling Robin Mesch and reading some of her material. She was tutored by Pete Steidlmayer, inventor of the market profile in the mid 1980's. There is a good video with her offered by the CME which can be found with Google search.

The best OPPORTUNITY comes in understanding that the market is ready to transition once it has completed a bell curve. That is the "Go with" trade. This is another great example of that.

Fun with profiles - but learning all the time

slick60

5aa710dfee284_12.NewStep1Mar22.thumb.png.17eabf025f828e97df933317aff943c3.png

5aa710e002b64_12..NewStep1Mar22.thumb.png.18dc8da3a706e2736549e67c8ad1648d.png

Edited by slick60

I´m with you Slick!

Please continue to post as long as you can..I am learning and follow your thread at my own pace. Sorry I didnt post any questions as I think is better for novice like me to start reading and really understand from a very first page.

I just wanna say Thank you for your time and knowledge Please continue to post as long as you can..I am learning and follow your thread at my own pace. Sorry I didnt post any questions as I think is better for novice like me to start reading and really understand from a very first page.

I just wanna say Thank you for your time and knowledge that you post here..Inspiring other. Please Stick With What You Love to do..

Looking at the aussie on my 4 hr and daily charts we are due for a turn to the upside very soon. The 4 hr SITD 8 low is due at the close today. It may be in at this time as it hit the 1.144 retrace level of 1.0304 bang on.

On the daily chart a delta ITD low is due on Monday April 2nd. It appears we are in a larger cycle down trend so it may be late. The same may be said for the 4hr chart. Being late a bar or two would not be out of the question.

Once the turn is in perhaps at the 1.0250 large quarter area which is also a 1.382 retrace level we should have a pretty good rally north.

If you follow market profile watch for a bell curve to complete to tip you off that the market is set to retrace north.

Good trading folks

slick60

5aa710e388e3c_AUDUSDSITD8.thumb.png.5af06acfc4dd7c94b96a010e66ce20ed.png

5aa710e38fedc_AUDUSDITD8Mar29.thumb.png.726c67c3732b44311b0ef4021a4a775b.png

As noted in my last post a turn is very close at hand for the Aussie. It appears at this time that it may be here as we have now moved 70 pips off the hammer/spring low at 1.0304.

In the snap I show the completed bell curve I eluded to in my last post. Also in the snap the trade set up with that signal is shown on the 15 minute chart.

good luck traders

slick60

I feel like such a weiner head with this post. I was busy doing other things and watching a 30 minute profile chart for a picture of what I have posted. I just came back a short bit ago and split my 10 minute profile that is shown in this snap to see in fact the bell curve signal had already taken place at the time I made my initial post. Peter Steidlmayer said that catching even the shortest time frame completion of a bell curve in the market movement is important. This is a case in point. Please use what I have shown you and be much more diligent than I seem to be these days.

slick

5aa710e42017c_AUDUSDturningtradeMar29.thumb.png.38d3304e4f84fd063816177e7696f0e0.png

Edited by slick60

With today's market in the 6A aussie I want to show you how you can use market profile to delineate your trades. Give you more confidence on entry and how these things really set-up. Anyone not using market profile I would highly suggest a small investment for the software and a bit of reading which I will be glad to steer you to This profile chart is a 10 minute profile which shows you on completion of bell curves the market is ready to transition into a new step one trade.

I know most traders out there are looking for a holy grail of trade signals -and by now you have heard that it does not exist. "But we keep looking" my search is never ending. This is the best I can come up with To fully understand order flow in the market is what the big funds are all about. They got the money Le's get some of it back!

http://screencast.com/t/cyjDv3hiVrO see the set-ups on the 15 minute also

These little set-ups are all $250.00 plus trades on 1 futures aussie contract

slick60.

5aa710e457bf8_6AMarch29-12bellcurvetrades.thumb.png.743916d721092729d2d6be38b814419e.png

Nobody ever took me by the hand and led me to the promised land on how to make money in the forex or futures market. In this one example and snap I am going to attempt to do that for you.

Shown on this market profile chart is my interpretation of what is being taught by the creator of market profile Peter Steidlmayer. An introduction to MP PDF can be found here

http://www.earnforex.com/forex-e-books/forex-market/intro_to_market_profile.pdf

It is further annotated by Robin Mesch in the Trading Order flow PDF

http://www.iiedge.com/Docs/Trading%20Order%20Flow%20with%20Market%20Profile%20by%20Robin%20Mesch.pdf

These are not huge books to read. Very short and sweet and to the point in market understanding.

I have also included on my snap my 15 minute chart that you have seen before with my indicators. I have a list of things that must take place for a high probability trade set-up shown on the 15 minute chart. You can see how both charts work hand-in-glove. Pictured here in this example of the 20-21 of March are 2 trades.A long and a short. Study what must take place for the high confidence trade entry. I will not give you my list-it will be better for you to make your own if you are interested. The yellow highlighted area on the 15 min chart is the boxed in explanation of market activity on the MP chart. In a nutshell this is all you need to make money if you study it and apply it in a real time environment Easier said than done for sure. Get adept at seeing this picture and how it develops and what are the leading signs

Learn - be happy - make money

2012-03-31_1423 - slick60's library

slick60.

Following up with my last post I want to show you a snap of the 6A in slow mode after a big washout and how I have attempted to trade it today. The profile shows a chart that is a developing "b" pattern since the 6pm open last night. This signifies long liquidation aka profit taking. Somebody is buying down here and it ain't the little guys. Also new longs coming into the market today are from more patient buyers who intend to hold longer than this day time frame. They will orchestrate a fast move north to catch the new shorts from today "short in the hole".

This works well with the futures contracts where in the aussie 1 pip is worth $10.00. Unless you are trading a full lot in forex it is tough to make a buck.

So using the filling in process of the profile I take long trades near the value area low and have been trying to get the shaky knee 10 pip trades. These 6 trades all worked today and never really made a threat on my stops.

Know that when the bell curve and the "b" pattern is complete that the market will be ready for another move north. In can go south still, that is why we use stops. My delta cycles say we are overdue for a retrace move north but one must not get too greedy.

Hope this may help. I hope everyone downloaded the 2 PDF's and learned a bit.

2012-04-04_1521 - slick60's library

Bon chance amigos

slick60

From my delta cycle work it appears that cable is beginning or soon to begin a corrective move south into larger delta time cycle points due in the first part of May. We have a tentative high in place at present as shown by the blue ITD 9 high and possibly red MTD 12 high. They may have come in early as a turn is due. I feel if we are going to continue to correct at this time we may see an area of the 618 retrace at 1.5550 into the 1st week of May. This would be filling action of a larger profile and bell curve that began back in 2009. Cable has always liked a 50% pullback for quite some time now so the 1.5650 area has to be watched closely for ending action. There is also a large quarter that is coming into play at the 1.5750 area that may give it a rest.

good trading people

slick60

5aa710e8ad5c4_1.ITD-MTDpointsApril6-12.thumb.png.2b59fe235aefee224c073178d6198940.png

5aa710e8bb5f0_2.DevelopingBCurveApr6-12.thumb.png.c2ad982c3d5fb0928a95053033a128d8.png

Edited by slick60

I made a few trading examples yesterday in the 6A aussie; 6B British pound and 6E euro but did not get a chance to post them. They are of the same thing that I am trying to show at present that I have found to be quite important for making a buck with confidence. They will show a new step 1 in market activity as the bell curve develops and culminates generally as the 15 minute cluster of indicators that I show say "GO". The step one is the trade that will give you the greatest reward. This is the trade I attempt to focus on.

Am I talking jibberish here? Did anyone download or read the PDF files I steered them to.? Is anyone trying to trade in the manner that I am trying to show? Is anyone trying to work with market profile? Does anyone have any trading examples of entries and exits that they would be willing to share? I know at least McKeen is out there-how is it going in Sweden these days?

When you look at these examples note the new step one on the market profile chart and what the 15 minute entry looks like. If you can catch them - they work!

aussie 2012-04-09_1607 - slick60's library

pound 2012-04-09_1557 - slick60's library

euro 2012-04-09_1539 - slick60's library

These are all 30 to 50 plus pip trades. That is pretty good in futures I find.

Good luck traders

slick60

Edited by slick60

With much appreciation Mr Slick I've poured thru these MP articles -- and delighted with the easy readabilities. Very impressive. And this should provoke engagemt with many other fellow travelers out there who wish to better/best grasp the inner language(s) of the market --whatever one's trading favors.

I've in fact loaded the Final trial version of the MP software you show here.

Also immensely grateful for that. As I plan to spend the very fair cost to own it --

It's already saved me several very ultra-early entries in the Euro.

I've been watching benches and "holes" get filled after these step 1 surge moves. And

have been kept wary of not jumping too soon w/i value areas.

Funny as I've recently viewed a Joe DiNapoli review of what he calls a double re-penetration directional signal from which he sets up his famous DiNapoli fibno confluence levels --basically just golden mean overlays of appr. %40 & %60 price retracements.

--- Now thru the window of MP action and Market Maker (MM) patterns -- I see these

aspects of market phenomena more so in less mystical points of view.

Rather as auction steps --such as the step one opening drives of important session launches or even a news driven surge of a break-out step 1 fr underdeveloped step 2 and/or 3 processes. And the patterns. The Ms and the Ws now appear as much more than wash and rinse moves but more in the developing of the Ps and bs of the developing bell curves in the various time frames that best incorporate them.

Robin Mesch especially illustrates this so well in her elaborations of Steidlmayer's breakdown of the MP 4 step language and all it's possible variations.

Yes this will take concentrated time and study and no instant road to riches.

But these tools once decently absorbed will give us a great edge to justify taking positions

either in daytrading, swing or longer term time frames.

Anxious to dialogue here with others who have backgrounds which lend well to this

graphic means of real time markets action. For it's not a System.

More an illustrated form(s) of Market language and the means to greatly assist the

probability of directions within trends -- movement predictable patterns -- retracements and

expansions of price action.

Cudos to you and until the next update

FC -- in hopes to less chase the fates but rather to shake them up a bit.

Greetings Mr Slick and all observers,

Quick update: I've just purchased the final MP software package.

fantastic -- you know it's for life --a one time fee --best inexpensive tool I think perhaps

I've ever bought -- and I'm talking about 6 to 7 years of services, programs and

software charting feeds that drained multi-thousands of dineros in any currency

you'd choose.

The US tax date looms here and kicking my hind end this year. But I have the pattern of the day set up --HOD (high of day) and it's retrace.

A very inviting M bet 6:15 to 10:30am est US time -- and a sweet sell run of 40-50ps

as benches and holes continue to fill in fr the Euro session -- the 2:00am to 9:30am est session .

building a nice lookg Bell when the Euro and US sessions are merged.

I'll be submitting my pics thru snaps I'll save ---soon.

thanks again for the inspiring contributions here.

FC

Greetings Mr Slick and all observers,

Quick update: I've just purchased the final MP software package.

fantastic -- you know it's for life --a one time fee --best inexpensive tool I think perhaps

I've ever bought -- and I'm talking about 6 to 7 years of services, programs and

software charting feeds that drained multi-thousands of dineros in any currency

you'd choose.

The US tax date looms here and kicking my hind end this year. But I have the pattern of the day set up --HOD (high of day) and it's retrace.

A very inviting M bet 6:15 to 10:30am est US time -- and a sweet sell run of 40-50ps

as benches and holes continue to fill in fr the Euro session -- the 2:00am to 9:30am est session .

building a nice lookg Bell when the Euro and US sessions are merged.

I'll be submitting my pics thru snaps I'll save ---soon.

thanks again for the inspiring contributions here.

FC

Hi FC

Nice trade. Just like slick ordered. Since you don't have your snaps available yet I took the opportunity to lay it out graphically for you. I believe this is the trade that you took following the "MM" m pattern. Also shown here is how the market activity moves through various patterns tossing out bell curves along the way which point out the most profitable trades with the new step 1's.

Good job FC.

2012-04-12_0501 - slick60's library

Good trading everyone

slick60

I merged the profiles together to demonstrate what I said. This snap taken at 5:17am today

http://screencast.com/t/InJcBOIChDkC

Edited by slick60

I did not catch this trade but it is another perfect example of what I am trying to show in this thread at present. I was in bed.

9:30pm E.S.T. last night Australia jobs report comes out. It was being set up the whole day with the slowing forming bell curve throughout the day. It was the opportunity the market makers were using to jam the market to the sky in a negative trending atmosphere. The recent shorts were wiped good. I consider that move to be a gimme with a "buy at market" order on the start of the 9:30 15 min bar with conviction shown on the 2 minute chart. This move was a quickie 50 to 75 pips for the taking "if you were not in bed".

2012-04-12_0528 - slick60's library

I watch a 2 minute chart with volume and stochastic basically to track the volume moves. I want to see when the new step 1's are forming - are they being done with conviction. They are as far as I can see at this time. The Bell curve in market profile and the so called lagging indicators are a "handshake of the market moves."

I really hope you guys out there are doing this stuff. I will bet there are a lot of people paying tons of money for a whole lot less.

be careful, be astute and be quick folks

2012-04-12_0536 - slick60's library

slick60

I wish to show a composite building profile of the 6B aka GBPUSD showing our development since my post 192.

I have outlined a possible scenario of development on this profile for the near future. If we are to fill the existing weekly composite then I feel we will be moving to the downside. The green possible bell curve shows this area and the boxed in area that needs to develop. We shall see how this market develops.

slick60

5aa710ea745b9_2.6BWeeklymergeApr12.thumb.png.55783c09269792875c2f0832987499d9.png

I have illustrated here how I try to follow the markets looking for high probability trade set-ups. This is a flowing example of 5 trades in the 6B British pound futures during April 12 and 13/2012. I did not catch all these trades. They are made in retrospect. HOWEVER the point is THIS IS WHAT TO LOOK FOR live. Take these trades and you win. Become adept at recognizing what I am showing and you WILL make a shitload of money. So will I !!!

If what is on the charts does not make sense to you or looks scattered or confusing I highly suggest you back track to post 190, load the PDF files I show, learn what is in them and the left profile chart will become alive to you.

Not only do I use the so scoffed at "lagging indicators" that I show on my 15 & 2 minute charts I also follow the markets using the Delta Phenomenon showing on average cycle point highs and lows. I use the 2 minute chart with trade volume to show me if a new step 1 move begins with conviction. They all do. If you do not use market profile you will not see the volume at price accumulating displaying the footprints of BIG MONEY. This is a tip off of when to catch a new high probability rewarding step one trade. They mostly occur with the lagging indicators that you see here.

With regard to the 2 minute volume chart some knowledge of Volume Spread Analysis as originally taught by Tom Williams is also helpful.

There is a BIG POT OF GOLD out there. Let's work together to get some of it.

I am really disappointed in the lack of participation in this thread. It takes me a lot of time to make these charts and do these posts. YOUR involvement and sharing with others would be very nice. It does not have to be perfect to be helpful. Try to become a giver sometimes and not always a taker. If you can expand upon what you see here please share it with the rest of us. The game has changed to an electronic global affair. I really think we need to pull together to adopt and discover that change.

Enough said-----------------

Good luck people

2012-04-14_0931 - slick60's library

slick60

P.S. If you have a hang-up about posting in a forum just "RATE" this thread and I will be able to tell if anyone is interested in what I say and show OR that I am on the wrong track! Thank you