Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Cburg

Auto Trading Brokers

I am having mine account handled by aaafx...they have low spreads, no commission with the auto-trading platform, and the most imp. very low slippage with providers. I have also used alpari for some time but the combined cost of commissions and slippage was a killer for me.:crap::crap:

I am learning auto trading since a long time, and it is the best thing to know more about brokers, i am dealing with a broker who provides me guidance even i have spent plenty of time out in market.

who's your broker? it would be nice if we get more information...

I'm leaning toward using MBTrading at first because they have low minimum funds requirements with no inactivity fees. Interactive Brokers is a close second, but has fees for inactivity.

Is anyone making money with any autotrading brokers?

If so, is it a managed account or are you running an EA or similar automated strategy?

I am :haha:

but I am my own account manager - meaning I choose who to follow and how much lots and open trades to follow with. :rofl:

Dear Forum,

I am thinking of using MBTrading for an auto trade program. Are they good?

Are there better brokers to interface to an excel program?

Thanks!

Mike

:cool:

I forgot to reply before, you can check as well zulutrade - the trading history can be excel exported.

Is anyone making money with any autotrading brokers?

If so, is it a managed account or are you running an EA or similar automated strategy?

I make money with forex robot but it is a robot that I programmed with meta quotes. I started trading manually few years ago and only after I had a clear trading plan with a positive statistics I started programming my trading plan and it works good for me- I don't believe in other automated platforms or services. Either way, you got to have a broker that supports forex robots, such as Alpari, FXCM or Sunbirdfx…Good luck with that!

I contacted MBTrading, they don't have rack space at any of the true exchange colocation datacentres. They only offer a VPS service, you can't actually put your own server in. This is bad because for true HF, you need a lot of CPU and memory which is not very cost effective to get on a shared machine using a VPS setup.

VPS service are really not that effective. Is there an alternate for this? vbulletin-smile.gif

Buying a dedicated server or hosting your own server near the broker's trading server.

But seriously, can you explain why a quality VPS service is not adequate.

HFT is probably discouraged on their retail platforms. you would have to go it alone if you desire sub-millisecond HFT.

Edited by 4EverMaAT

A very good and profitable auto-trading broker, I would recommend is zulutrade - very profitable for followers are protected from all adverse market conditions and of course, high dd from risky trading.,

check it out on demo - it speaks for itself. ;)

A very good and profitable auto-trading broker, I would recommend is zulutrade - very profitable for followers are protected from all adverse market conditions and of course, high dd from risky trading.,

check it out on demo - it speaks for itself. ;)

The main challenge with zulutrade is that most 'investors' sort by highest roi. Many of the traders trade to make their stats look good long enough to entice investors. Then finally the blowup happens. The investor has no idea what happened. Even with some kind of equity stop loss, you are still trying to figure out if you should continue with the same signal or just find a new signal.

What is even worse is that the investor may be copying several signals at once, trying to "diversify". But without an understanding of the underlying strategy used in EACH signal, how can you even begin to manage the risk? I like the concept of zulutrade, but unfortunately they are mainly for show. Many blind-leading-the-blind there.

I've seen situations where the zulutrade bridge went offline with mt4. I do understand that MQ and ZT had a falling out. But social copy bridges do have some serious flaws and the bridge providers rarely take it seriously enough. Once they have their commissions (which they get on every trade), they tend to ignore any technological deficiencies unless they are major. The commission model also needs work, where at least myfxbook's autotrade only pays out on profitable trades. The current model encourages signal providers to churn out as many trades as possible, not necessarily profitable.

I was speaking to a funds manager about social networks, and he admitted that licensed fund managers and others with serious hedge funds do not use these services; way too much counterpary risk.

yeah they look similar, but are you sure you will be making good returns? At least with zulutrade we know that transactions are secured (as it is registered) and from the record and the volume of the trading - people are actually making money :2c: