Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

TheNegotiator

2012 New Year's Resolutions

Firstly, Happy New Year!! I hope everyone had a wonderful and refreshing break. If not, think carefully before jumping back into the market!

So what will be your resolutions for 2012? How do you expect to remain strong throughout the year and do you have any special tactics for doing so? Have you had any experience either in doing or not doing any of the things anyone else has listed as a resolution?

Imho, if we can pull together at TL and support each other, we can stick to our new ideals and be all the stronger for it!

I RESOLVE TO DO MORE RESEARCH

My resolution is to do more research into trading observations. Last year, I didn't necessarily manage my time in such a way that allowed me to do this well. I have a long list piled up which needs to be looked at and I need to set a period to do it at the very least, once per week. I may start off by doing this either for two 1 hour periods a week or one 2 hour period and see how I get through it.

more of a set routine to have more focus "when" required

(this helps with toilet issues as well)

Lol. The routine idea is an interesting point though. I definitely find it difficult at times to stick to a routine as different things are always coming up which need attention. I am certainly better at it these days though. I think one idea that helps is setting aside time for doing non- daily stuff. That way, even if you have to mix the order up you still can get everything done.

Firstly, Happy New Year!! I hope everyone had a wonderful and refreshing break. If not, think carefully before jumping back into the market!

So what will be your resolutions for 2012? How do you expect to remain strong throughout the year and do you have any special tactics for doing so? Have you had any experience either in doing or not doing any of the things anyone else has listed as a resolution?

Imho, if we can pull together at TL and support each other, we can stick to our new ideals and be all the stronger for it!

i am new member with simple question that i dont understand. when useing gann box on my charts(example 60 min)because i am dealing with time, if i stretch my gann box out several days how could it be accurate because of hours market is not open.

Most need help in Keeping-One and not Making-one

Just like Trading Most of who just Try, easily Fail

Only 3% stick by their New Year Resolution and achieve something out of it

The rest just unwittingly Bargain the first Self-Deception for the New-Year, either knowingly or un-knowingly

Politics of Promise of doing something Better tomorrow is easily done by our foolish Brain than a Mindfull-Now. Here 'The Least part of Resistance' is taken by The Brain.

Compartively Speaking:

I think The Psychology of Commitment and Discipline involved would be as mentally challenging for a Learner to go through the 'L-Earning Process' of Trading

And for an 'Earner' to abide by his Trading-Plan.

Enjoy Minoo

Don't fade a trend....

When you fade trends is it something you're doing consciously or is it more automatic? Is there something you feel you need to do to prevent yourself from doing it?

Will have atleast 3 robots trade live before this year ends...

Nice plan. How about have 1 running by end of each quarter with some wiggle room at the end of the year?

Edited by TheNegotiator

Most need help in Keeping-One and not Making-one

Just like Trading Most of who just Try, easily Fail

Only 3% stick by their New Year Resolution and achieve something out of it

The rest just unwittingly Bargain the first Self-Deception for the New-Year, either knowingly or un-knowingly

Politics of Promise of doing something Better tomorrow is easily done by our foolish Brain than a Mindfull-Now. Here 'The Least part of Resistance' is taken by The Brain.

Compartively Speaking:

I think The Psychology of Commitment and Discipline involved would be as mentally challenging for a Learner to go through the 'L-Earning Process' of Trading

And for an 'Earner' to abide by his Trading-Plan.

Enjoy Minoo

If you don't do things you know you should, you're less likely to succeed. Thinking about ways to improve your trading and creating a plan of action is something someone who wants to be successful should be doing anyway. Saying it's new year's resolution is just convenient from a timing point of view. So do and succeed.

If you don't do things you know you should, you're less likely to succeed. Thinking about ways to improve your trading and creating a plan of action is something someone who wants to be successful should be doing anyway. Saying it's new year's resolution is just convenient from a timing point of view. So do and succeed.

I agree.

I personally need to get a grip on many of the psychological aspects of trading that are holding me back and often create mayhem.

If I were to draw a driving analogy I'd be the new driver who thinks he's observing the road but in actual fact he isn't. This new trading landscape that I have entered into requires the acquisition of skill and competence that will take time to accumulate, 2012 is another year in which that search continues.

Btw, I quit smoking on a new years resolution 4 years ago so it can sometimes provide 'the moment'.

All the best for the new year.

Good plan RD. I hope you have a plan on how to improve, but the first step is recognition. Psychological aspects in particular take time and effort to learn and master. I think actually this is a great point about the reason why often other resolutions fail. Half-arsed efforts without any real plan or knowledge of what is involved and expectations of immediate success.

Happy 2012 all!

Let me first revue last year's resolution. I was to follow a trading system, trading with the news. I did it (must of the year):) and found it a valuable way of trading, but a bit too frequent and stressful.

For this year, all I need is PATIENCE.

I have come to the conclusion that at this moment of my learning curve, all I need is being patient enough to:

- wait for my signals to confirm price action before entering a trade. That would keep me out of some bad trades,

- wait for my winners to grow at their pace.

The other commitment from many years now concerns logging ALL trades and revue them on a regular basis.

All yours tips welcome!

Toilet seats aside, someone must have something they want to do differently/improve pertaining to trading?