Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

jazz

Best Day Trading Instrument After Hours (1500-2400 PST)

Hi there,

I wanted to extend my trading hours, so I tried Eurex (FDAX and FESX) for about one week now. However, their trading hours are not quite suitable for me as I'm in California, USA. I read a few threads about trading Asian index futures.

If you're trading Asian futures, could you please share your experience about Asian futures brokers (OEC vs IB vs NH futures), data feed (eSignal vs IB vs OEC vs NH futures vs CQG), etc.? I use NinjaTrader for charting.

Also, which one is most liquid and volatile?

Thanks,

Jazz

Gold and Crude have good movement in Asia. Es moves in reaction to the Asian Indexes. If you want to trade a market index, Es is just fine as far as relative after hours liquidity is concerned. In currency futures, the JPY is very active too.

Break a leg.

Gold and Crude have good movement in Asia. Es moves in reaction to the Asian Indexes. If you want to trade a market index, Es is just fine as far as relative after hours liquidity is concerned. In currency futures, the JPY is very active too.

Break a leg.

In the initial portion of the Asian session, lately you will do far better with the 6A and 6E instead of the Yen in terms of volume. Since the major currency intervention in Japan, the volume and even the range in 6J can be anemic at times, even in the initial Asian session. The 6A gets plenty of volume, but usually has a two tick spread. Gold is usually around 3 ticks, except for the brief period around the Chinese markets opening when it can narrow and volume picks up. Many nights crude has poor volume in the initial Asian session, Gold often has at least double the volume. In fact, often Gold and 6A are neck and neck in volume.

I agree that the ES is quite usable during this time as a general index proxy. Once in a while even the NQ has volume approaching that of Gold, but often with a 2 tick spread.