Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

jacques

Hedge Fund Database / Names List

Hey guys

I am looking for all the Hedge Funds in South Africa. I found this database / list of names “just google hedgefund-sa” i felt that this would add value to the forum. However! I am looking for a formal database if anyone could point me in the right direction please.

kind regards

Bloomberg has a good one.

Type: hfnd, select option 20 (hedge fund data base - may be 28, cant remember). You will then get a list of criteria such as registered office location, managers location, style, asset class etc. Go into each one, select what you want to see, when finished, click Results, off you go!

You'll be able to see who is holding what - assuming their positions are over the exchanges 'reportable position size' limits - again kinda assuming they trade on exchanges

Another popular one is Eurekahedge, and BarCap also have a good one Im told.

@TheDude

Thanks for the help but where do i type it into? The bloomberg search engine didnt bring anything up?

you type it into the bloomberg terminal - top left where you type commodity codes and everything else you need info on.

i dont use bloomberg much, so cant remember the bloomberg terminology for that bit.