Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Do Or Die

Subliminal Stimuli- Anyone Using It?

Since the owner of Trader's Laboratory had been so kind to us, as a small token of my appreciation, I will share the following mp3 that has previously only been available to CFRN Partners.

This should be listened to during your quiet time before the session begins -

PRE-TRADING MEDITATION

listen.gif?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1313389698389

As you listen to this 7 minute recording before you begin trading, visualize in your mind what your "Your Trade" looks like. If that seems difficult, you can also create screenshots of "Your Trade" and turn them into a slide show. The key is to relax and allow the binaural effect of the sounds stimulate both the left and right side of your brain before trading. You need to wear stereo headphones. If you don't hear the sound move from ear to ear, adjust your audio settings. The goal is to enter the trading session relaxed. If there is a knot in your stomach or doubt in your heart... stay away from the mouse. The goal of this pre-trading meditation is to place you "In the Zone". When you are alert yet calm, relaxed yet ready, not looking for the trade but allowing the trade to find you... that Is The Zone. Love It - Live It - Trade It!

This is no overnight sensation. It simply becomes a part of your daily routine. As we all know the markets can be up one minute and down the next. The only constant factor in the equation is you. If you can embrace and accept this fact, making it an anchor in the core of your belief system about trading, you now have the ability to own whatever market you trade.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

all ways interesting.....but have not tried it.(coca-cola is better than pepsi)

The wikipedia submission seems to imply it is largely ineffective, and for me it seems that (gee I feel like a coke right now) as traders rather than a subliminal message that pops up - without you really knowing (like coke is better than the others) can actually detract from what you are seeing - it might cause more confusing brain thoughts - generally I would prefer the in your face - buy here - sell here.

Thats my personal preference :) (for coke)

Otherwise I think the general mood, not associated with the market thoughts (because coke makes you happy) could be advantageous -messages such as ---- be positive, focus on cutting stops, let it ride..... those messages might have more impact.

Anyway thats my two cents.......gee I feel thirsty now (thats it buy coke it will improve your trading)

You drawing lines or filling a glass?

=)

I wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to you but then I noticed your Sunny location. I guess that could be awkward. You guys don't still hold a grudge do you?

Happy Attitude of Gratitude Day!

How's that?

Blessings

D

CFRN - glass - thats why there was the mention of Pepsi :), but each to their own.

and when it comes to grudges - I am Australian - so we have our own grudges against the Brits :)

(setting up a slave colony under the guise of it being a convict settlement - the nerve! - and she is still our Queen, heavens forbid - where will it stop. Join the far que and get in line) :haha:

The Brits have there grudges against everyone - including themselves, mainly probably because the UK is largely a nation of immigrants from France and the old lost empire bit..... :)

(if that offends anyone....sit back relax, breathe in, ask yourself why its offensive and then look up the meaning of the word joke) :)

Sorry, do or die about possibly getting off thread....and yet at the same time it is topical as these are the underlying subliminal beliefs we may/may not have.

The other thing I also thought to mention is do you have any thoughts on the subliminal effect tv channels like Bloomberg, CNN etc have? Personally I think they distract, almost precisely because of the subliminal effect they have on us.,,,, and what about the old Quotron (i think it was called the emotionless voice messager that Victor Neiderhoffer used in the office - the elimination of the subliminal effects of emotion is also interesting.

Edited by SIUYA

The other thing I also thought to mention is do you have any thoughts on the subliminal effect tv channels like Bloomberg, CNN etc have? Personally I think they distract, almost precisely because of the subliminal effect they have on us.,,,, and what about the old Quotron (i think it was called the emotionless voice messager that Victor Neiderhoffer used in the office - the elimination of the subliminal effects of emotion is also interesting.

Someone pointed me to research that beauty product manufacturers make girls feel ugly about their appearance; McDonald's advertising is so effective and pervasive that before most children can speak they can recognize McDonald's.

But I think it is not just about hearing/seeing something repeatedly, but feedback from other people. It has a very strong effect when you see someone beautiful giving a lovely smile after consuming something (even if that something is sh*t). Similarly a man in expensive blazer giving financial advice sounds intelligent, irrespective of how stupid he is. Have you noticed the selection process for analysts by top brokerages? they prefer sales skills to knowledge about markets or critical/quantitative thinking.

Here is a recent ad which caught my eye:

Wells Fargo Advisors-Salary, Benefits and Paid Training

Minimum Requirements

-Minimum of 2 years of professional experience preferably in Sales or Business Development

-Have a large network of contacts (500+) and are active in the community where you will work

-Exceptional prospecting skills (No Leads are Provided)

The freaking company mentions nowhere in the job ad about a certification like CFA or even experience in financial markets.

BTW off topic but one of my favorite quotes:

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off. " -- from the movie Fight Club.

PS: I'm not a Brit

If you are feeling particularly timid, weak, vulnerable or too at peace before you start your trading day, the following might help to get you senses properly stimulated to take money from the markets.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO_QntXc-c4]Drowning Pool - Bodies (Let The Bodies Hit The Floor) - YouTube[/ame]

Being too relaxed and serene can lead to distraction too. A gazelle that gets caught by a cheetah generally missteps or is not paying attention. The gazelle's serenity helps the cheetah. On the other hand, the cheetah is aggressive and stalking and looking for weak distracted prey.

all ways interesting.....but have not tried it.(coca-cola is better than pepsi)

The wikipedia submission seems to imply it is largely ineffective, and for me it seems that (gee I feel like a coke right now) as traders rather than a subliminal message that pops up - without you really knowing (like coke is better than the others) can actually detract from what you are seeing - it might cause more confusing brain thoughts - generally I would prefer the in your face - buy here - sell here.

Thats my personal preference :) (for coke)

Otherwise I think the general mood, not associated with the market thoughts (because coke makes you happy) could be advantageous -messages such as ---- be positive, focus on cutting stops, let it ride..... those messages might have more impact.

Anyway thats my two cents.......gee I feel thirsty now (thats it buy coke it will improve your trading)

A really cold glass of cola (I prefer the citrus base flavor of Pepsi over the Vanilla base flavor of Coke but I am generally indifferent and will go with whatever one is on sale.) is really nice about midway between lunch and the close. An espresso always comes after the close. I am in New York Time.