Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

asiaforexmentor

What is Price Action?

A lot of people have this question in mind, what exactly is PRICE ACTION.

And why is PRICE ACTION KING IN FOREX?

To answer the above question, i start off with talking about indicators.

There are tons of indicators out there, be it forex or others. They work mostly the same way.

And there are new indicators coming out every other day.

Alot of traders when they first started trading forex, they have tons on indicators on their charts. Trying different combination of which works best for them. And at the end of the day, they get confused all over as one indicator may be telling you to go long, but the other is telling you to go short.

Which will result in you making bad decisions and end up blowing your account with a frustrated mind.

Why does it happen this way? Indicators are derived from the chart movements. Some indicators react faster, some slower.

However, as they are derived from the chart movements. They are 1 step slower than the chart. Which is in fact Price Action!

Price Action leads the indicators, and when price reverses it movement from short to long (example). The indicator which you are watching is one step too late. And by the time the indicator confirms it is going short, Price Action has taken the market to go Long.

This happens most of time, if not all of the time.

Therefore = ALL INDICATORS ARE LAGGING INDICATORS!

PRICE ACTION IS WHAT LEADS THE INDICATORS, IT IS KING IN FOREX!

By understanding Price action in forex trading, we are able to understand the ENTIRE PICTURE of the market.

WHY is the market moving up,

WHAT causes it to stop moving,

WHY is the market reversing

WHY is the market in consolidation

IT is like reading a book once you have mastered price action in forex. And the best thing is, It is not difficult!

It is even easier than you reading an indicator.

And when you mastered price action, with combination of our system. You will almost be able to pick absolutely MARVELLOUS TRADES all the time. CONFLUENCE is the King of the game. This is what equates to our high probablity trades with a high winning ratio.

To an Awesome Trading as Always,

Ezekiel Chew

Price Action is a very popular term used in forex trading. I was familiar with it but not knew how it affect to trading and why it is an important factor in forex trading. Even after reading your detailed article about it my all most doubt have been solved. Thanks to share it with us.

Price Action is a very popular term used in forex trading. I was familiar with it but not knew how it affect to trading and why it is an important factor in forex trading. Even after reading your detailed article about it my all most doubt have been solved. Thanks to share it with us.

The price action is real, but the interpretation of it is just another story. Do your best to stick only with the action itself and make a choice.

I'm a new trader and here's what I've learned about Price action:

Price action to me is the action of the currency in the time frame being studied for a trade and all the implications and information that you can glean form your newbie and seasoned experience observations along with the following:

1. Try to avoid indicators because they lag and you'll become dependent on them

2. First learn Candlestick chart reading VERY well so you can see the trade set-up as it develops

3. If you want to use some simple indicator to see trend or MCAD Ok but not necessary - that's a personal thing

4. Nothing will replace sticking to one simple system until you have it nailed

Good trading

Wow, this is a real newbie bait thread. Clueless, incoherent talk about "price action" and dogging indicators from someone who can't even type in paragraphs (enters a new line for every sentence), much less who knows about how the indicators are calculated that he is calling useless. But I'll bet he can sell you a seminar or "system" which is much better! The only thing worse than a trading system vendor is a forex trading system vendor. Yeah, target the real newbies who don't even have enough money to open a futures or equities account.

Price action is studying and learning the motion of the waves of the market. Higher highs and lower lows, candlestick formations, major and minor market structure and order flow. Also, studying round numbers along with studying and learning high timeframe analysis is what price action is about seeing the bigger picture. It's the big picture, which tells what the smaller picture is.

Indicators are a separate family from price action. I dislike most indicators as they are complicated and conflict, however they are a few simple indicators when used with PA works well yes they all lag but even price action we are using historical data to determine a future event.

To my understand indicators the majority of them when they were designed years ago and concept by the authors they used the stock market as a blueprint and foundation for their calculations. Yes, global markets move similar in 5 waves, however alteration required to be made for each instrument.

I would advise only using 1 or at max 2 oscillators in trending markets only.

There is no need to over complicate things missing you points and trades while you figure out if ADX is crossing this or that line.

To my understand indicators the majority of them when they were designed years ago and concept by the authors they used the stock market as a blueprint and foundation for their calculations. Yes, global markets move similar in 5 waves, however alteration required to be made for each instrument.

I would advise only using 1 or at max 2 oscillators in trending markets only.

There is no need to over complicate things missing you points and trades while you figure out if ADX is crossing this or that line.

that's a very limited understanding...