Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

zdo

Developing Trader's State of Mind Discussion

Okay zdo thats much appreciated. Now if we could clear away some of the jargon I would like to ask a couple of questions as follows

Based on your attendance, would you say that you see your setups more clearly or quickly?

Are you more confident when you enter a trade?

Are you better able to manage risk? For example would you say that you are quicker to cut your losses as a result of your seminar training?

Rather than comments that mean something to those immersed in a Jungian based world I would prefer to know in simple terms (consider me slow if you will) whether you see improvement in these areas, or just as importantly, if you think (as I believe you are saying) that you will need more time to realize the benefits of this training.

Not interested in judging but in knowing what the "real world" benefits of the training are....

Thanks

Steve

Rande

Like many here, I have no idea what (if any) benefit your clients receive from attending....and whether the benefit is immediate or seen later as they trade...?

So perhaps you might want to ask your clients to post (maybe every few months) to let us know how they are doing, and whether they see any improvement as a result of attendance at this seminar.

Thank you

Steve

Well, you got one. And since zdo is providing the leadership in this forum, it appears that it will go on. zdo's critism is on target. I did have to generalize problem areas. Pulling the trigger at entry point is always the biggest problem in my webinars -- so that is what I used. Of course, once they can do that, they will still have to build the psychology to manage the trade effectively once they are in it. I haven't heard from Tradewinds so I hope he shows up.

Here is one comment that I received through tradersstateofmind.com:

Rande,

thank you so much for introducing to me my new 4 best friends for life: Ruler, Caregiver, Warrior and Sage. They are now looking after my first steps in trading.

Warmest regards

Since this thread is rolling on, I have a question for the Readers.

'how close to your potential do you think you trade ... or, to put it another way

'how close to your potential do you think you live'

Okay zdo thats much appreciated. Now if we could clear away some of the jargon I would like to ask a couple of questions as follows

Based on your attendance, would you say that you see your setups more clearly or quickly?

Are you better able to manage risk? For example would you say that you are quicker to cut your losses as a result of your seminar training?

Rather than comments that mean something to those immersed in a Jungian based world I would prefer to know in simple terms (consider me slow if you will) whether you see improvement in these areas, or just as importantly, if you think (as I believe you are saying) that you will need more time to realize the benefits of this training.

Not interested in judging but in knowing what the "real world" benefits of the training are....

Thanks

Steve

Steve

Since you train traders, I would be happy to put you in touch with some traders who have gone through my programming. They would be able to give you more definitive answers to your most on-target questions. One thing I've noticed is that there is a correlation between trading performance and real world performance.

Rande Howell

Since this thread is rolling on, I have a question for the Readers.

'how close to your potential do you think you trade ... or, to put it another way

'how close to your potential do you think you live'

Qa.......50% as a rough guess

Qb.....50% as a rough guess depending on the day

I say this as someone who knows they can always do better and yet at the same time knows that you are only as good as you are on any particular day. (My life from trading is very very very different from my life as someone separate to trading.....maybe why even though I appreciate the ideas in this thread I dont necessarily subscribe to them for me. )

and gosu ( I had to say this :)).....I would hate to put you on ignore...but it is too hard to follow the threads. I would love to have an "admitted BS artist" button. (please make note MMS, it might be nice.) that way you remember to take everything said with a grain of salt from certain posters as they deliberately decide to post BS rather than discussion., because while I dont agree with everything on the internet and I also support everyones freedom to speech, I also support a system that lets me appreciate self censorship in my own terms. (you do realise gosu that you are now in that pigeon hole as a result of your own actions/words....>>>)

Edited by SIUYA

I would also be interested in a longer term view ... 3 months, 6 months, a year.

Why? Because psych/motivational courses are notorious for giving a perception of value during and just after completion and failing to result in any behavioural change a year out.

Also, the Jungian stuff is pretty discredited, actually very. But constructing an advocate within your own thinking (or 5 or 6) can be a useful technique for helping one think outside of ones own brain and existing patterns. Schwartz, a practitioner well known in the OCD field in his book "You are Not Your Brain" and others seem to suggest that people construct a "Wise Advocate" to assist in doing the sensible thing. So, it might well work in this context.

I'd also like to know who felt necessary to go to Rande for more help after the course and roughly what sort of money they paid. I read the book and felt that it was primarily bait for more support - the solution and process to get to a solution were not in the book. So did the course meet that requirement or is more support needed; and if so how much more?

PS. If one of your Jungian mind constructs starts whispering in your ear about killing the president to improve your trading outcomes you might do well to become suspicious. Perhaps a visit to a real psychiatrist would be a good idea at that point.

I would also be interested in a longer term view ... 3 months, 6 months, a year.

Why? Because psych/motivational courses are notorious for giving a perception of value during and just after completion and failing to result in any behavioural change a year out.

Also, the Jungian stuff is pretty discredited, actually very. But constructing an advocate within your own thinking (or 5 or 6) can be a useful technique for helping one think outside of ones own brain and existing patterns. Schwartz, a practitioner well known in the OCD field in his book "You are Not Your Brain" and others seem to suggest that people construct a "Wise Advocate" to assist in doing the sensible thing. So, it might well work in this context.

I'd also like to know who felt necessary to go to Rande for more help after the course and roughly what sort of money they paid. I read the book and felt that it was primarily bait for more support - the solution and process to get to a solution were not in the book. So did the course meet that requirement or is more support needed; and if so how much more?

PS. If one of your Jungian mind constructs starts whispering in your ear about killing the president to improve your trading outcomes you might do well to become suspicious. Perhaps a visit to a real psychiatrist would be a good idea at that point.

SpideySense

First you're right about motivational courses having short term impact but no long term staying power to change.

In this course people walked away with the 2 hour recordings of each element. This was done to faciliate their capacity to practice and too keep new emerging patterns in the fore front until they become habitual.

The second problem with this course is that it really does take somewhere between 3-6 months to change a self limiting belief and create and establish a more affirming belief about your trading.

I have no record of anyone taking this short course and then asking for further study, so I don't have sense of long term affect as I do on my individual course. I do know that my individual course people can come to these smaller courses for free as a refresher. This has proven helpful to maintaining a best practice mentality.

This course exposes people to the skills and tools needed for transformation of beliefs leading to improved performance. What a person does with those skills determines how they impact their lives. If people come to this course as a seminar junkie, then that is what they find. If people come to this course with serious motivation for change, they find the tools and skills necessary. The observer is always creating the reality that show up as their life.

First, most people who work with figure out that I am biologically driven from an emotional intellegence perspective. Until you appreciate how biology, brain, emotion, and mind inter relate, constructs such as archetypes are useless. Until you can regulate your emotions, you can't get to mind. You remain stuck in biologically based historical pattern.

Jungian work has hardly been discredited. Jung's work is embedded in such domains as AA, transactional analysis, trait testing, and all "journey" oriented change systems. It is also used to write movie scripts in Hollywood. Every movie you see is sculpted archetypal journey. As a former CBT practioner, I certainly have framed the forces in the mind much more narrowly as the OCD guy you mentioned. They are good at helping to manage a situation such as OCD. However, the highly limited nature of this way of interpreting does not open the ability of inventing the journey that life can be. It can be used for controlling a problem.

There was a time that psychiatrists really were a create force in change psychology. Most of the early break through thinking that created the modern domain of psychology come from these pioneers. Managed care changed all that. They do medical management now as a group. A friend of mine, both a medical director and attorney for mental health facility, once said to a fellow group of psychiatrists, "Are your bored yet?"

At the bottom trading is governed by the trading account. If the belief system you bring to trading is effective for trading, given good methodology and platform, the trading account will show that growth. If the beliefs you bring to trading are self limiting, then your trading account will show that too. Focus on that. The rest of the constructs used to discuss mind and body will fall into place however it works for you.

Rande Howell

Rande,

thank you so much for introducing to me my new 4 best friends for life: Ruler, Caregiver, Warrior and Sage. They are now looking after my first steps in trading.

Warmest regards

LOL... None of his four new buddies know anything about how markets work, how can this be anything other than bullshitting himself to think it is a good start to learning how to trade? As another poster has suggested, why not follow up on this guy in a year or two and post his progress? Then again, why bother? It will be sim and grim unless he's given up already.

At the bottom trading is governed by the trading account. If the belief system you bring to trading is effective for trading, given good methodology and platform, the trading account will show that growth. If the beliefs you bring to trading are self limiting, then your trading account will show that too. Focus on that. The rest of the constructs used to discuss mind and body will fall into place however it works for you.

Rande Howell

Let me help you out there a bit. I know everything you state about trading is from things you've read or heard from others, so here are some things for you to consider as a way to "up" your talk.

The trading account doesn't govern anything about trading except the number of contracts or shares to use. True, growing the account ought to be the goal, but we get there by not focusing on the account itself but on all the details to partner with the market to extract. This is the part of trading you do not grasp, or maybe care not to grasp because it won't help you make more money. Your services focus entirely on the trader and on peripheral issues related to the trader at that.

Trading is a partnership between the trader and the market, and as partners they each have different and mutually exclusive roles. It is the trader's responsibility to know his role as well as the market's role so that he does not usurp any of the market's role. The market will never usurp the trader's role. All of this comes under the heading of "knowledge" and the details can be obtained by anyone who can research on the internet and can think critically to weed out the myths that obscure the truth.

One of the biggest myths is that predicting or forecasting is necessary. Since you do not teach a method or sell a system you do not use those exact terms, but you have adopted the myth and spread it further with your "dealing with uncertainty" routine.

A trader who understands his role in the partnership deals with uncertainty in only one way and that is to sideline. It is the trader's role to know, and not guess, the position of the market at any given time and to update that knowledge through continuous monitoring. This is the "certainty" upon which a trader relies. It is not the certainty of a profitable trade which many people assume is what certainty in trading means.

There are many, many details to consider regarding the above and it is just the proverbial tip of the iceberg in thinking about how to extract. The issues that you address are just a distraction.

Edited by gosu

..................Trading is a partnership between the trader and the market, ..............................

gosu

You are going to have to explain this to me.

Please explain in simple terms because I am a simple man

regards

Thanks

Steve

Steve46. I understand, but I will not be going very far away from Jungian in my answers. Hopefully someone else can answer your questions in the terms you need. I currently do not have syscholgical or emotional issues with seeing setups more clearly, or quickly or in managing risk / cutting losses. In fact, during one of the exercises the other night to get some sort of emotional rise going I started clicking in at the market until I had a position much larger than regular size on to get just a little twang of ‘sht, if this were to break against me fast I’m going to lose some bucks “ It was the only way I could ‘conjure’ up some fear to really test the efficacy and get anything out of the protocol we were practicing. Back to your questions, re “Are you more confident when you enter a trade?” Yes, incrementally more - please see below. In summary, I will say if it can help with some of my more indescribable, nebulous 'fears' and patterns, it should certainly be helpful with the issues you listed - providing it is consistently applied until some ‘unconscious competency’ is attained / new neural pathways laid down. I appreciate you not judging.

MarketTyping is at the core of my trading approach and that guides the weighting of portfolios of systems. I need to be able to execute multiple simple systems and manage many positions simultaneously, because none of the systems go to zero weight often or for very long. For varying reasons across the years, I continue to choose not to delegate this work. It presents flexibility, energy, and endurance challenges, in addition to ( and, with experience, "in addition to" has transitioned to in contrast to ) the more typical setup ambiguity and “should I stay in or exit” conflicts, etc. single system/edge traders are subject to. My metrics of success are literally how many ticks I take from the number of ticks available. Needless to say, with that criteria, there’s always plenty of room for improvement… and for frustration, when I don’t come at it mindfully.

btw, re “uncertainty”. For my (and many other) approaches, “sideline” is not an option. Short of walking out the door, the only sideline for me is to go up ‘timeframe’ - but that’s not fun usually. In reality, setups that repeat over and over again do not have the same outcomes over and over. Furthermore, I long ago gave up on waiting for ‘certainty’ setups and confirmations, etc. Fuzzy, ambiguous setups do just fine. That old “when in doubt, stay out” truism is good for the process of moving from the low pareto into the middle pareto, but then must be dropped as one progresses into the upper pareti. Going to sidelines when uncertain is a perfect example of “organized to avoid” (see sessions 1 and 3 of the training). Gosu, do you think you said anything above in post 109 that really contrasts or even significantly disagrees with the “training”? And, participants of the course, do you see his “friends’ in action and/or in inaction? It shows up in ALL our posts…

<flip through x number of pages>

… more not going very far away from ‘Jungian’ in my answers… In fact, instead of “4 new best ‘friends’”, I’ve committed to developing 12 new‘best’ friends…

<flip over a couple more pages>

:haha: …One of these friends is trickster. Few in the “stay in the analytical mind and follow your rules with discipline” crowd will see its value in the markets and be joining me, to say the least ;)… In some ways, a more fully integrated trickster is sort of the healing of the (more shadowy) self saboteur…

And btw, I should mention trickster activity is not for applying everyday … don’t know if ya’ll have read many trickster myths, but wily coyote is not the only one who gets in some real messes and gets his parts tangled or mangled ;)

… summing up, in addition to their randomlike behaviors, markets, at certain times, are instruments of trickery. A more fully developed (than wily was for sure) trickster both tricks AND is hard to trick...

<skip over a few more pages>

Speaking of friends… was also a little bit surprised that Rande’s stage seemed so devoid of feminine ‘figures’… most likely time and scope limitations… and it just dawned on me that most of the posters herein really don't understand clearly what Rande's market really is.

Reading Rande’s book and then participating in the webinar revealed no really previously unconcieved (made up a word) methods. But contact with him, as a teacher, has brought forth ways to practice mindfulness at my trade station. In other settings I am proficient in mindfulness of body and functional in mindfulness of thoughts. But at my trade station, I have only been functional in mindfulness of body, while mindfulness of thoughts has remained woefully underdeveloped and “mindful-less”. A few will understand this – it was not so much new methods that are helping with that mindfulness as it is ‘presence’…

<thumb to near the end>

With “how close to your potential do you think you trade ... or, to put it another way 'how close to your potential do you think you live ”, johnw is getting at the essence of what this thread is really about for me and what the course is helping me with.

My challenge question for the last few months has been literally “what am I like at my best – in this moment?” I’m in ‘momentum’ if I look back on a challenge or a whole day and see I remembered to genuinely ask and answer/do it multiple times. It creates what Barbara L. Fredrickson calls Broaden-and-Build. (…and , hopefully, when I review and recollect forgetting to ask it, I use that to focus on the discrepancies between what is and what I’m creating – instead of getting all disappointed and self judgy :) )

<warning: this part is coming from way outside the kindle and the training!>

Let’s go WAY out of scope for a moment! Alas, the skills taught and the capacities evoked in this training, the swinging to or developing or uncovering strengths to ‘replace’ weaknesses or undeveloped tendencies is only a really excellent consolation prize

Calling forth and making available these ‘friends’ (to keep the terms simple ) - is actually still on stuck on a polarity.

Whether one moves from the less effective ways of interfacing with the markets, etc. to the more effective ways (or vice versa); and whether one moves by choice or only apparent choice concealing actual natural cycling between, the reality is – one is still stuck in polarity. With all the benefits of such progress and maturation, one is still stuck in previous ‘decisions’, not really free at deep decision levels (not using the word ‘decision’ by common usage, btw. , instead using it more along the lines of preconscious, existential decisions and perennial and certain far eastern philosophies, etc). Beyond sliding between the extremes on a pole or struggling to stay in one (happy, ‘together’) place on a polarity is the challenge of true neutralization of polarities.

<stream, shut off now. Thanks mkts for a congestion long enough for me to write this. Hit button>

"Living and trading to our potential"

This is difficult to quantify IMO, but by no means impossible if it is a natural fit for you to continually 'push the boundaries'

I do not mean that you should be getting all hot and sweaty, in fact I am referring to the opposite.

What I am trying to describe is that state you enter when you relax into your life and trading and make the moments count as though time as we know it stands still.

How can we measure such an event ....

In sports, living up to your potential is measured by either rolling back your PBs [personal best] or playing consistently to it once the known extreme of a particular sport is reached.

In trading, perhaps your measure is to watch your daily net tic count per contract increase week by week, month by month. ... this is my ultimate desire and every other statistic is a sub part of this number as far as I am concerned.

In life, it may be how Friends and Family react when they are within your company ... how Strangers treat you may be another good measure.

After a while of relaxing into your potential, any desire to make measurements simply fades away... it is not a conscious decision ... it just fades away

Back to trading for a moment ..... one measurement that never fades away is this ..

I always calculate my net tics per contract each day, week and month ... it is one of two gauges I have...

The other gauge is the answer to the question "am I still enjoying myself"

Some people keep looking for trader psychology to be a magic bullet. And if it doesn't instantly change deeply embedded self limiting (and neurally wired) beliefs, that all trader psychologists am running a racket. That if a 4 week course doesn't "cure" the problem, trader psychologists like me are selling snake oil. This is really thinking small.

Closer to the truth is that traders have to wake up from their self imposed prisons before the beliefs about the self can be examined, reconstructed, and a new life is brought forth. There is no instant cure. In the 4 week course, I exposed people to a set of skills that I've developed over many years. It is the same skills and tools I teach in my individual course. The fool reads my book (or takes the short course) and asks me if it (the book) is all they need for change. As if they have not emotional lifting to do.

The trader, that has been around the block and is no longer buying his or someone else's electric cool aid, reads the book and notices that I lay out the fundamentals of change and are thankful. They recognize that I'm showing how psychology is organized around the precepts of biology and that there is indeed a process that can be learned for intervention. They have usually read the book 3 or 4 times before they contact me. And they do not hold a childish belief that a book can actually change a person. They know that only they can change themselves. Books, short courses, etc can be useful, but the individual is the one that creates change -- not external vectors. Most of the time this process requires extended effort over time under the supervision of a teacher. The mess you find yourself in did not happen over night, nor will the clean up and change.

Once people get over childish notions of magical change, they start asking more powerful questions that begin to open the possibility of change. They serious look for tools they can be taught how to use to forge a new way of thinking. Change comes from within. Not by outside intervention.

Gail Mercer of Traders Help Desk and I were discussing this perception just the other day. She gives an evolution of a trader's journey on her website that I find compelling. And she said that most of the traders she trains have been trading for an average of 10 years. It is her belief that it takes about that long for a trader to wise up to the snake oil beings sold -- and that traders, in their foolishness, buy.

She is open to traders cutting to the chase. And she recogizes that psychology is a major obstacle to success in trading. After many years of doing this, she also recognizes that it takes emotional lifting and time to change self limiting beliefs. And that is why we are exploring how to integrate psychology change work into her methodology training.

If you accept that you are trading your beliefs, that beliefs have an organic base, and that you are going to rewire your belief system to change your trading performance, how do you intentionally going about doing it? I personally teach a lot of emotional regulation skills, mindfulness as an active exploring tool, and the constructs of archetypes and journey as a way of promoting change. The truth is that the markets nor life recognize my system in the same way that the markets don't recognize a methodology as a reflection of the market. It is a construct that the trader brings to the market to help them make sense out of the market. The market could care less. Yet, constructs (both in methodology and psychology) can give the practioner a leg up. Both can provide a structure for interacting with the markets. Together they produce an edge.

I can feel blood boiling already all the way down here in NC. I can also feel the possibility of waking up and setting out of self imposed illusion.

Now it's off to Traders Expo in Las Vegas. If you are going to be there, come to my presentation and my booth. Would love to meet you.

Rande Howell

Some people keep looking for trader psychology to be a magic bullet. And if it doesn't instantly change deeply embedded self limiting (and neurally wired) beliefs, that all trader psychologists am running a racket. That if a 4 week course doesn't "cure" the problem, trader psychologists like me are selling snake oil. This is really thinking small.

Closer to the truth is that traders have to wake up from their self imposed prisons before the beliefs about the self can be examined, reconstructed, and a new life is brought forth. There is no instant cure. In the 4 week course, I exposed people to a set of skills that I've developed over many years. It is the same skills and tools I teach in my individual course. The fool reads my book (or takes the short course) and asks me if it (the book) is all they need for change. As if they have not emotional lifting to do.

Trading is a facinating pursuit to look at people's personalities. Reading your post Rande reminds me of several people I've known through the years. Many and especially those who have had some success in other areas of their lives, come into trading with a self- defined construct of reality based on what they feel may have helped them in their lives so far(whether or not they are aware of this). This in most cases has little to do with trading reality and often causes much harm when they embark on their new adventure to become a great trader. The very fact that they have had some success creates a situation where it is exceeding difficult to let go and redefine(or just undefine) reality. A symptom of this can be very easily seen and it's perhaps quite likely that a good number exhibiting this kind of behaviour will have trouble with letting go. Go down to your local watering hole, approach a few of the regulars and ask them about sport or politics. Much of what follows will be hot air and opinions formed on little more than the current direction of the wind. Yet it is someone else's reality.

Trading is a microcosm of life.

Enjoy the Vegas show Rande(and anyone else who goes)!

What is anxiety?

Different from fear...

Anxiety has negative attribution of the future as the thought process. In fear, thinking is seized and there is only run, hide, freeze, or submit as elements of motivation not thought.

This is the distinctions I use in my work.

Rande Howell

Progress Report

Just starting now to get some traction with applying the methods taught in the first session of the course. Finally got a personal, high quality, widely applicable 'safe place' established. First incident of ‘just doing’ the b. breathing and s. place without fishing around for reminders, etc. came early one morning middle of last week when I awoke around 4:30 am to a tug of nonspecific, in the moment at least, anxiety. This anxiety clarified a tiny bit to “something’s going to happen ‘out there’” and then I realized that I didn’t have at least an adequate mix of figures/emotions ready to meet it. Did doing the intervention method help? Yes. …not perfectly though as the results of the actual day unfolded… but still…

Next step – improving mindfulness at the trade station. To my classmates, this will be a ‘non theatre’ (you had to be there) mindfulness …

Light reading: Hal Stone, Sidra Winkelman, Robert Stamboliev, Tara Bennet Goleman (wife of the EQ Goleman guy?)

:confused:

Is this true?

The ‘council of selves’ can be as unpredictable, uncertain, and inconsistent as the market’s price?

It's amazing what happens when we begin managing the intensity do an emotion rather than pushing against it. Fundamenally we discover that there is no such thing as free floating anx iety, particularly for traders. What I like about what you did her is that you moved the process from reactive ness to mindfulness. this is the tool for self discovery. I also like your persistence in the use of the emotional technology you were exposed to.

Rande Howell

Progress Report

Just starting now to get some traction with applying the methods taught in the first session of the course. Finally got a personal, high quality, widely applicable 'safe place' established. First incident of ‘just doing’ the b. breathing and s. place without fishing around for reminders, etc. came early one morning middle of last week when I awoke around 4:30 am to a tug of nonspecific, in the moment at least, anxiety. This anxiety clarified a tiny bit to “something’s going to happen ‘out there’” and then I realized that I didn’t have at least an adequate mix of figures/emotions ready to meet it. Did doing the intervention method help? Yes. …not perfectly though as the results of the actual day unfolded… but still…

Next step – improving mindfulness at the trade station. To my classmates, this will be a ‘non theatre’ (you had to be there) mindfulness …

Light reading: Hal Stone, Sidra Winkelman, Robert Stamboliev, Tara Bennet Goleman (wife of the EQ Goleman guy?)

:confused:

Is this true?

The ‘council of selves’ can be as unpredictable, uncertain, and inconsistent as the market’s price?

Okay. A guestion for more nimble users of TL than me. How do I send a private message. And to zdo. Now that I have joined the yahoo group, how do I gain access to the discussion. I keep seeing the same page where I see there is a group, but I don't see how to get to the forum.

Rande

Okay. A guestion for more nimble users of TL than me. How do I send a private message. And to zdo. Now that I have joined the yahoo group, how do I gain access to the discussion. I keep seeing the same page where I see there is a group, but I don't see how to get to the forum.

Rande

Rande,

We need to do some "Mm. 'Nrichmnt" work for your 'orphend inner computer geek' ;)

re the yahoo group. First make sure you are signed in to your Yahoo account - either when you get to the page or before. Set your sign up options to let it sign you in automatically and when you get in the group save the group home page to your favorites, then you can just click that and it goes right to it.

I was just messing with Rande about the ‘geek’ work, but seriously there is the same type of ‘archetypal bringing forth’ potential in discoveries and development in our trading methods, systems, etc. work as there is in high performance execution capacities work. To prevent development and further entrenchment of limiting habit patterns, etc, it’s recommended that most traders focus on clearing the ‘fear’ based challenges first ie the level and type of work Rande specifies in his documentation and courses, etc… but…

In essence, it’s also worth noting that ‘trading troubles’ is not the only area the growthful / non pathological aspects of this modality can help with…

An "activate four" example at

Innovation in Practice: Innovation Archetypes

cc: Tradewinds

Edited by zdo

Hi

After having been in the webinars and (some having to review after the actual webinar due to work requirements).

I really was blown away at the content and the philosophy and approach that Rande takes to the markets. Certain areas were a bit fuzzy for me (which I think was largely due to me being in the time zone that I am in).

I will definitely use the practices and I think it will help any trader to focus and to bring the best out of them.

The only negative was that the webinars were all at 11:30pm on my side. It made it a bit difficult to stay focused and alert, but the recordings solved that.

For where we find ourselves in time, this is the best approach one could take to the markets, because markets are alive and they change as we change.

I would recommend that all traders make an effort to sit through the webinars.

In terms of world view, I had to learn a few new things, but none that made me feel uncomfortable, but it is a bit "off the beaten path".

But overall a really great bunch of sessions

found this article - a bit of fluff, but still seems similar ...

Making most of mind over matter | Mindfulness for business owners

It is helpful. The way I describe the link between emotional regulation and Mindfulness is that until you manage the intensity of an emotion, you never get to the door of the mind. Hence breathing and relaxation are always going to be the starting blocks for building a mindset. If the emotion reaches a critical mass, it will simply hijack your mind's capacity to think objectively. That's the link between emotional state and state of mind that has to be managed before Mindfulness can be developed as a tool.

Mindfulness can be far more than a passive tool for observing mind though. It can be developed tp become active in finding and activating elements of our interior landscape that have become hidden to us.

Rande Howell