Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Robert2617

TS RadarScreen

As set by the example of TheRumpledOne, I am paying it forward by giving you guys this RadarScreen I wrote tonight. My first!

I know other's have written Radar for $TICK and $TRIN but because I am new to trading and just learned what these things are myself, I had to write an indicator to prove to myself first that I could do it and because I wanted to add a few bells and whistles.

You can totally customize it with the user inputs I added. No programming needed. All of the inputs default to what I have read/learned to be the advised settings so you shouldn't have to change much unless you have some super secret way of trading.

The special features I added are the color changes when the TICK , TRIN, TIKQ and TRINQ get into Bullish, Bearish or Neutral levels. Also I added a second Plot that makes it easy to see if they are rising or falling.

I got interested in the four T's when I watched SoulTrader on his videos. Thanks for inspiring me! I've learned a lot.

Enjoy. I hope you will find this indicator helpful. :cool:

tick.gif.b1bad5ff9caaa0ad1ac03b6129012f19.gif

Thanks for the indicator, Robert. I use RadarScreen and have written some indicators for it. I think it's worth it, especially if you day trade stocks, because it helps you adding specific sorting capabilities to longs lists of stocks based upon whatever you want to sort by.

I was glad to do it. BTW, you can make TnT a little more responsive by shortening the Tickavgbars2 and Trinavgbars2 to two bars back instead of averaging 3 bars back.

Tip: Don't make Tickavgbars1 and Tickavgbars2 the same or there is nothing to compare. Same with Trinavgbars. :)

I went ahead and changed the defaults to reflect a quicker response while still being smoothed so not to get too "blinky" with the colors. I had this on my desktop for a couple of days now and the results are good.

Soul or Tin, could you please delete all other instances of this indicator file except the one attached to this message. Thanks.

Wards_TnT_Zone.ELD

Hi Robert,

Would you like to post your .ELD file in the custom indicators forum? This way it makes it easier for members to find it. Thank you

PS: I went ahead and deleted the previous .ELD files :)

Hold off posting TnT on the downloads just yet. Even though it works just fine like it is, I've been studying a little bit more about EL and I may be able to clean up the code a smidge. In the mean time, check out this new one. OBV. It's quite simple but very powerful for the Day Trader. "Follow the money!" This one is not fully tested since the market is closed right now but it appears that it is working properly! :cool:

obv.gif.f275d643f3158a003ee19b3f867cbe47.gif

obv1.gif.e614348d8997e45a1a6576a3260ed32b.gif

obv2.gif.081ffe14dd4e50782e978120f370dc8d.gif

WARDS_OBV.ELD

Sorry I missed you Doc. I didn't get back to the site until now. You can pm me if you would like.

I was working on the latest creation; A Slow %K and %D Stochastic Crossover RS Indicator. This one is pretty cool. To get it to track properly you need to "right click" "Format All" and put a check in the "Add additional data" checkbox. Add about 30 bars of data. I think it only has to be as long as the stochastic (14) but a little more won't hurt.

The colors on the indicator go like this:

Green = Slow K over Slow D (price is rising)

Red = Slow D is over Slow K (price is falling)

Yellow = K is crossing over or under D

The text tells you where the K line is and where it is headed. (ex. "Mid Rising" means it's higher than 20 and lower than 80 and heading north; "OverSold" means it is lower than 20 but the color tells you whether it is still falling or coming back up.

stoch.gif.b7cdbcdff86646f499e3f6df3e9db58c.gif

WARDS_STOCH_ZONE.ELD