Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

VTK

Sam Seiden-Understanding The Exact Process Behind The Movement In Price

I watched Sam Seiden's latest video on FxStreet "" Trading and Analysis". The guy was pretty much wrong in all the levels that he picked out. This shows how inaccurate his method can be. I guess it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't :rofl:

The original article of the OP does not allow logged in users to view without a premium membership. Not sure if the video is available elsewhere.

Here is the unfortunate problem. I've become cynical and skeptical about subscribing to trading services and products. Now I have an emotional and psychological block that I just can't overcome. It's about trust. So even though I don't doubt the value of the product, I won't subscribe to it.

It is good that you are a skeptic. You never fully know if what someone says comes from the heart or is another story. But if you think that a product has merit, then sign up. The worst that can happen is that the product does not meet your expectations. Then you just lost a month. You have to take some risks in this business; that is unavoidable.

Hi

Can someone explain what is meant by the demand/supply being high or low on the curve?

I understand this is also one of the odd enhancers but don't understand how it works.

A chart would be appreciated

Thanks

Hi

Can someone explain what is meant by the demand/supply being high or low on the curve?

I understand this is also one of the odd enhancers but don't understand how it works.

A chart would be appreciated

Thanks

Hi Robinhd.

It means "where are you on the larger timeframe" Are you closer to a higher timeframe Supply or are you closer to Higher timeframe demand?

Good stuff Spidey:)

It's almost same stuff as odd enhancers that we got in XLT.Theory is on spot,difference is just in how spreadsheet look like.It wouldn't feel right for me to post original one which i got from OTA because of other XLT colleagues.Those that you have attached are fine to use.

But with time you can throw this out of window.Low risk-high reward trades start to poke you in the eyes.

Hello VTK

Will you please (if possible) elaborate little more on big picture with the help of charts(small and big time frames) Thanks for sharing views very informative and almost coming from horses mouth as you attended his XLT class

Here is a video that changed mine whole view on trading.It made a one trick pony out of me when it comes to trading:)

Sam is tha man when it comes to simplicity and reality of markets and i am lucky that i had chance to learn from him and other instructors.

Hope it will help some one as it have helped me!

Login

Regards!

Hello VTK

I understand that this is an old post. The link that you propose in not availble for non subscriber of Sam Seiden site

Would you still remember the subject of it so I can search it on youtube

Any info appreciated

Martin :)

Well.let's be fair and realistic here.There is no method that works 100% of the time.But if we're being realistic we need to go much further and state that every single method being employed by the people on this forum has no intrinsic edge whatsoever..none (naturally i include myself in that category)

In trading the most effective method you can employ is to cheat and lie and steal.Unfortunately you need to have the right connections for this to be a viable long term career path.Anyone who tells you different is either deluded or lying.My theory on why so many fail at this is because they spend far too long believing that there are methods out there that have an intrinsic edge,hence the years of frustration and disappointment.

I know almost nothing about Sam's method beyond watching one video on youtube and reading the odd post here.

From what i have picked up it is the usual story.A guy who worked inside the industry has some secrets to tell us about how you might go about predicting the future.

I can't find the relative post and it wasn't from the horses' mouth,but i seem to remember something along the lines of "when the last sell orders came in.only then would price go up".Unless Sam's broker was the only one handling the entire order this leaves me a bit confused.

The other thing i picked up was something about "the more times a price level is tested,then the weaker it is"I think i've heard that theory elsewhere also. Well as the chart below shows that is just a lottery and so we need to quantify that a bit more and apply some other criterion,tick a few boxes to improve the odds,check a few different time frames.I'm sure there's a few more nuts and bolts you need to fit in order to make another guys' trading method work for you- and that right there is your biggest problem- it's someone else's method.

I'm also confused about how a market comes to a complete standstill during trading hours because of a 'price agreement'

But i have no agenda against Sam,well,no more than the next guru.And it's not my intention to disrupt the thread.

If Sam's methods gives you a few pointers to help develop your own game,that is all to the good.Don't expect too much more than that.Because for every guy that swears by Sam's method there's another bunch of guys that swear by another method and that alone should tell you something.And very few of any of these guys will be multi-millionaires- no matter how many 'students' the gurus claim to have successfully taught.

Hi Mitsubishi,

I thought i'd borrow your chart example and put some levels on there where you could have taken some nice trades.

People take the charts at face value, for that they look at the candles, for that they look at the orders that have already been filled, for that they take trades in the direction where price has already been filling orders, and what do most traders do? they put indicators on price candles that give an opposite view of what you should be looking for.

levels.thumb.jpg.571b231a786e584d24442048c518ca30.jpg

Hi Mitsubishi,

I thought i'd borrow your chart example and put some levels on there where you could have taken some nice trades.

People take the charts at face value, for that they look at the candles, for that they look at the orders that have already been filled, for that they take trades in the direction where price has already been filling orders, and what do most traders do? they put indicators on price candles that give an opposite view of what you should be looking for.

mitzy has left the building. Sometime back. Guess he got tired of it all and flew the coop.

Are you sitting on the beach in cancun trading?

mitzy has left the building. Sometime back. Guess he got tired of it all and flew the coop.

Are you sitting on the beach in cancun trading?

Hi Patuca,

I wish i did. Trading is going all good and all but ehhhhh the thing is in Mexico you'll be happy trading on a "so so OK internet connection" in your own home let alone trying to do this on the beach stealing internet from some hotel hotspot hahaha. 2014 and they still look at you if they see water burning when you ask for a connection which is a bit faster then 10megs :crap:

Hi Patuca,

I wish i did. Trading is going all good and all but ehhhhh the thing is in Mexico you'll be happy trading on a "so so OK internet connection" in your own home let alone trying to do this on the beach stealing internet from some hotel hotspot hahaha. 2014 and they still look at you if they see water burning when you ask for a connection which is a bit faster then 10megs :crap:

I travel alot..mexico..guatemala..belize..honduras..el salvador...etc. I take an Ipad buy a local chip i.e. a cell tel chip which i put in the Ipad and add some time. Log onto internet with Ipad ..make Ipad a hotspot..crank up my laptop(since my trading platforms are on laptop) select the Ipad as my internet connection and presto i have internet for trading. Works good enough for me especially if near the larger cities or towns.

Hi Patuca,

Isn't one of S.S's adages set it and forget it? Lends itself to not having always on internet.