Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Martinigue

Compacting a Thread, Somehow...?

Hello All,

if a thread has a couple hundred pages it is not so easy anymore to stay focused all the time, especially when you need to regularly flip back a dozen pages and forth again to find one specific attachment ... I wonder if there is a way to make such a thread into one compact piece like one ( pdf?) file or - even one page would suffice ( including any attachments still visible, but I doubt this one); does anyone have any idea?

Mac

Hello All,

if a thread has a couple hundred pages it is not so easy anymore to stay focused all the time, especially when you need to regularly flip back a dozen pages and forth again to find one specific attachment ... I wonder if there is a way to make such a thread into one compact piece like one ( pdf?) file or - even one page would suffice ( including any attachments still visible, but I doubt this one); does anyone have any idea?

Mac

I've seen some people start 'Summary' threads that do exactly as you've described. If there is a specific thread you are interested in 'compacting' let me know and I will see what I can do.

thanks,

MMS

I set my view to 40 posts per page;

it makes reading long threads a bit easier.

some forums have a print button,

which you can use to print the whole thread into a doc file.

what i this Summary thread and what are its features? Have not heard about anything like that. If you are willing to demonstrate, pick any thread you like where there are posts with attachments .. :-)

I've seen some people start 'Summary' threads that do exactly as you've described. If there is a specific thread you are interested in 'compacting' let me know and I will see what I can do.

thanks,

MMS

Call me stupid, but I cannot find any switch filtering the number of posts displayed per page ... :-(

I set my view to 40 posts per page;

it makes reading long threads a bit easier.

some forums have a print button,

which you can use to print the whole thread into a doc file.

Call me stupid, but I cannot find any switch filtering the number of posts displayed per page ... :-(

go to the top of the page and look for UserCP.

click on that, then look at the left column for Edit Options,

then look under the section Thread Display Options...

what i this Summary thread and what are its features? Have not heard about anything like that. If you are willing to demonstrate, pick any thread you like where there are posts with attachments .. :-)

Oh I just meant members would make a summary of a thread by copying and pasting all the *meat* of a thread into a condensed new one. If you have any suggestions on condensing a thread let me know and I might be able to do it for you.

On another note, I will be visiting Prague in 2 weeks! :-)

thanks,

MMS

This sound like exactly what I need; but I am not sure about doing this by hand ...my thread of interest counts about 380 pages ...:crap:

Oh great, we could schedule a meeting then, if you find spare time while in Prague!:-)

Oh I just meant members would make a summary of a thread by copying and pasting all the *meat* of a thread into a condensed new one. If you have any suggestions on condensing a thread let me know and I might be able to do it for you.

On another note, I will be visiting Prague in 2 weeks! :-)

thanks,

MMS