Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

I took this right from your site wrbtrader I guess this best describes what you offer

"we offer five types of trade methods that's a complete objective rule-base trading plan from entry to exit involving price action only trading merged with WRB Analysis to give you access to education courses that are highly praised by professional clients and retail clients"

The price structure is the same as I've mentioned in the vendor list depending on which level of 'education course' you choose to pay for.

Thanks clmacdougall! I feel it's good to have at least a list here of the vendors. I know people do feel strongly about vendors soliciting for business. The way many do go about their soliciting is not dissimilar from the way the profession most associated with soliciting go about it too. They know they're not meant to do it, they hang about waiting for the right type of person and then when they spot them, they turn on the charm. They use carefully pre-constructed enticing language with certain keywords which excite those who don't know better. In the end, that person is happy to pay for their services. But it won't make them rich in all likelihood. Also, these people tend to not want to pay for any advertising. Which ultimately is bad for TL. If you are a paying advertiser and see that people are getting away with this kind of thing, how's it gonna make you feel? So in all it's not fair, it's not clever, it's not right and it's not wanted.

However, two points are important here. Firstly, vendors are always going to try to do it. Secondly, some actually do add some great and actually useful content. So if you are a vendor, ask yourself this. "Have I actually contributed anything which is specifically applicable for people in their endeavours as a trader?". Really think hard about this one and don't try to kid yourself - otherwise maybe Rande can help you with self delusion!

On a last note I'll just add a genuine thank you to all the vendors who do contribute REAL VALUE to our community and to those who don't, b****r off!

Edited by TheNegotiator

Hi,

Although I've never advertised here nor marketed here mainly due to the fact it's not my crowd...I do like to visit once in awhile to post something useful or helpful.

Regardless, I know some on the list had notified prior TL management about being a vendor upon registration or soon after...including myself. Basically I was told it's not a problem as long as there's no advertising. Therefore, not exactly sure how much more transparent one needs to be after voluntarily notifying TL management upon registration or soon after about being a vendor.

Therefore, please add me to your list because I just want to continue being transparent. My old user name was NihabaAshi and I asked Soultrader to change it to wrbtrader a long time ago due to consistent hate mail from some members here that thought I was Muslim (I'm not). I'm a rural boy that grew up in the midwest U.S.A. and now raising my family in Canada. Anyways, the words Nihaba Ashi are a Japanese Candlestick term and martial arts term and the hate mail stopped soon after the user name change.

Like I said, not my type of crowd but once in awhile someone posts something useful that inspires me to post a reply. By the way, I don't offer mentor services. Just wanted you to know that so that the info on your list is accurate.

Hopefully this thread will inspire current TL management to do "identification" like that of BigMikeTrading or ForexFactory considering there's less bashing and accusation occurring over there.

You must admit it's a little strange that the website where you sell your education is easily found by googling "wrbtrader", which is your username here at TL.

For a vendor just wishing to move in and out of the forum in a non-promotional way, why don't you just change your username to be completely separate from any of your selling endeavours.

You are "advertising" in a subtle way by attaching a link to your money making website within your username itself. Perhaps you should change your username again, but this time don't tell us who you are and become a non selling member of the community. Just a thought!!

Edited by clmacdougall

Have you ever had a friend turn you into a "business opportunity"? It's a strange kind of occurrence that needs to be defined. It ruins something that you thought was mutual. A type of respect and admiration that was outside the bounds of what you could take from each other, but was based upon what you could give to each other, is ruined.

Something similar happens when a TL member turns into a seller/vendor. That sense of comradery and mutual respect becomes twisted and you realize you've been played / had again!!

This kind of activity has to be realized for what it is!! Cheap, insensitive and selfish. That type of activity has to be pointed out or it diminishes a community ( online or otherwise ).

Note that once these individuals are discovered/uncovered for what they are they seem to disappear instead of apologizing or changing. No doubt they continue forward destroying other relationships in their wake, this unfortunately is their only profit in the end.

Thanks for being so transparent wbtrader. It's a strange thing when even a vendor wants identification on the site. I hope this gets the wheels rolling for this to happen here at TL.

Hi,

First, as stated...my identification was given to the prior TL management (not to the members). I was told by another member I had to do such when I first became a member of TL. Yet, after doing such, I discovered there was no such requirement.

You must admit it's a little strange that the website where you sell your education is easily found by googling "wrbtrader", which is your username here at TL.

For a vendor just wishing to move in and out of the forum in a non-promotional way, why don't you just change your username to be completely separate from any of your selling endeavours.

You are "advertising" in a subtle way by attaching a link to your money making website within your username itself. Perhaps you should change your username again, but this time don't tell us who you are and become a non selling member of the community. Just a thought!!

It's not strange at all. I had the user name wrbtrader here at TL before I decided to use it at my website. Also, the issue is to be transparent with TL management and what they do with that information is their decision (not yours). Simply, I can easily contact TL management and have them change my user name a million times. Yet, they still know I'm a vendor because of that prior voluntarily notification by myself...that's something I can't change.

By the way, any links I post at my website is none of your business and require no explanation. Yet, to be frank, you're doing a very good job on your own via giving publicity to all those on your list. Regardless, as I stated, this is not my type of crowd which is why TL isn't a popular hang out for me and I've already stated one particular personal problem in the past about such.

Good luck with that "asking for transparency" and then suggesting to members that they should change their user name so that they are no longer transparent while continuing to contribute to the community. Thus, is there an agenda with your list that has nothing to do with being transparent especially in light of your most recent message post (it would seem you have). Anyways, I don't think it's appropriate to use your list as a witch-hunt especially after you ask for transparency and then suggest I change my user name so that you won't know it's a vendor the next time we have a discussion.

Thus, your suggestion to me most likely will prevent many others from being transparent especially via the fact there's at least 5 active members here at TL that are vendors and not on your list. They do post useful information and have never advertise nor promoted themselves here.

Edited by wrbtrader

the list will no doubt give the impression of a witch-hunt.

the witches will feel the heat,

the pro who operate above board has no reason to be scared.

Edited by Tams

Hi,

First, as stated...my identification was given to the prior TL management (not to the members). I was told by another member I had to do such when I first became a member of TL. Yet, after doing such, I discovered there was no such requirement.

It's not strange at all. I had the user name wrbtrader here at TL before I decided to use it at my website. Also, the issue is to be transparent with TL management and what they do with that information is their decision (not yours). Simply, I can easily contact TL management and have them change my user name a million times. Yet, they still know I'm a vendor because of that prior voluntarily notification by myself...that's something I can't change.

By the way, any links I post at my website is none of your business and require no explanation. Yet, to be frank, you're doing a very good job on your own via giving publicity to all those on your list. Regardless, as I stated, this is not my type of crowd which is why TL isn't a popular hang out for me and I've already stated one particular personal problem in the past about such.

Good luck with that "asking for transparency" and then suggesting to members that they should change their user name so that they are no longer transparent while continuing to contribute to the community. Thus, is there an agenda with your list that has nothing to do with being transparent especially in light of your most recent message post (it would seem you have). Anyways, I don't think it's appropriate to use your list as a witch-hunt especially after you ask for transparency and then suggest I change my user name so that you won't know it's a vendor the next time we have a discussion.

Thus, your suggestion to me most likely will prevent many others from being transparent especially via the fact there's at least 5 active members here at TL that are vendors and not on your list. They do post useful information and have never advertise nor promoted themselves here.

Hi wrbtrader,

I mentioned a way you could rejoin the community without acting like or being seen as a taker/seller/vendor in the community, what's wrong with that? For a person who wishes only to be a contributor and a helpful part of the community it would give you the chance to start over again and feel good about helping others while not helping yourself.

Uncovering motive and intentions is not a witch hunt, it's done by officials protecting you and your family everyday. It's simply a timely thing to be done here in this community.

I can see why you don't like it here at TL and don't post here that often as your motives are under some sense of scrutiny by the members who know how you might try to corral others into thinking that they need your paid service in order to see the light.

Like it or not you are a member with less than selfless ambitions here at TL and there's no harm in others being aware of it or in seeing you as such.

I don't care about giving publicity to anyone, I care about making public the differences between you as a vendor member and someone else as a regular part of the community, let them judge for themselves concerning your intentions. Armed with a knowledge of the differences between your possible intent and theirs I'm sure every one of your posts will take on a whole new meaning and be seen in a new light.

Have you ever had a friend turn you into a "business opportunity"? It's a strange kind of occurrence that needs to be defined. It ruins something that you thought was mutual. A type of respect and admiration that was outside the bounds of what you could take from each other, but was based upon what you could give to each other, is ruined.

Something similar happens when a TL member turns into a seller/vendor. That sense of comradery and mutual respect becomes twisted and you realize you've been played / had again!!

This kind of activity has to be realized for what it is!! Cheap, insensitive and selfish. That type of activity has to be pointed out or it diminishes a community ( online or otherwise ).

Note that once these individuals are discovered/uncovered for what they are they seem to disappear instead of apologizing or changing. No doubt they continue forward destroying other relationships in their wake, this unfortunately is their only profit in the end.

I feel the same betrayal.

If UB was selling his indi all along, then he was lying when he said he had nothing to sell.

If he has a history of lying, then how can I trust anything he says, including his indi?

If UB was not selling his indi... but this is a new marketing venture, I do not see any problem with that. I wish he had come out and said so. We would all be cheering for him and wishing him well. But no, he slyly slipped in an URL for a web seminar... and it turned out to be a sales pitch. This is like winning an all expense paid trip to a resort, just to find out you have to sit through a 4 hr pressure cooker seminar for a swamp real estate project.

Edited by Tams

I feel the same betrayal.

If UB was selling his indi all along, then he was lying when he said he had nothing to sell.

If he has a history of lying, then how can I trust anything he says, including his indi?

If UB was not selling his indi... but this is a new marketing venture, I do not see any problem with that. I wish he had come out and said so. But no, he slyly slipped in an URL for a web seminar... and it turned out to be a sales pitch.

Tams I'm starting to learn that nothing for sale works and that nothing that works is for sale!!

Trading is just like someone else said, a personal journey and discovery that can't be bought or begged into a success. It's a gift earned with a lot of time and hard work spent alone.

Hi,

Maybe the problem is my understanding of your request for vendors to be transparent. I misunderstood you wanted more transparency about whom they were even though my transparency as stated was given to TL management before you were a member of TL.

It's that reason above why I thought it was odd then for you to suggest that I change my user name so that I'm no longer transparent so that I can be part of the community regardless to the fact that I am already part of the TL community and my past posting history here shows such as a fact if you decide one day to review my message post history here at TL or at any other discussion forum. If you don't see it odd for me to have discussions with you via a different user name while I know I'm a vendor, while you don't know it's me (the vendor) and knowing you want transparency...maybe my English comprehension sucks. :doh:

By the way, you already know why I don't post here that often...the past racism issue and hate mail towards Muslims even though I'm not Muslim still leaves a very bitter taste for me. Therefore, please don't be rude and ignore that fact via saying the following...

I can see why you don't like it here at TL and don't post here that often as your motives are under some sense of scrutiny by the members who know how you might try to corral others into thinking that they need your paid service in order to see the light.

Anyways, I think I understand your real agenda (a witch-hunt) much better now after reading one of your recent posts although not directed at me. Therefore, my last post in this thread and I'll go back to being a part of the TL community as my message post history shows I do provide useful content...showing up once in awhile after getting those email alerts from TL management about interesting recent thread topics.

Edited by wrbtrader

Hi,

Maybe the problem is my understanding of your request for vendors to be transparent. I misunderstood you wanted more transparency about whom they were even though my transparency as stated was given to TL management before you were a member of TL.

It's that reason above why I thought it was odd then for you to suggest that I change my user name so that I'm no longer transparent so that I can be part of the community regardless to the fact that I am already part of the TL community and my past posting history here shows such as a fact if you decide one day to review my message post history here at TL or at any other discussion forum. If you don't see it odd for me to have discussions with you via a different user name while I know I'm a vendor, while you don't know it's me (the vendor) and knowing you want transparency...maybe my English comprehension sucks. :doh:

By the way, you already know why I don't post here that often...the past racism issue and hate mail towards Muslims even though I'm not Muslim still leaves a very bitter taste for me. Therefore, please don't be rude and ignore that fact via saying the following...

Anyways, I think I understand your real agenda much better now. Therefore, my last post in this threadand I'll go back to being a part of the TL community as my message post history shows I do provide useful content...showing up once in awhile after getting those email alerts from TL management about interesting recent thread topics.

well... don't let one bigot stop you. If he did, he won.

Hi,

Anyways, I think I understand your real agenda much better now. Therefore, my last post in this threadand I'll go back to being a part of the TL community as my message post history shows I do provide useful content...showing up once in awhile after getting those email alerts from TL management about interesting recent thread topics.

Hi wrbtrader

I'm glad there isn't any misunderstanding. I think it would be better for the whole community to know who the vendors are every time they post. It would allow for an open and honest flow of information with everything on the table and out in the open.

If you've benefited from the TL community and are a vendor, please consider becoming a paying vendor who advertises here, it's only fair and will help to keep this community vibrant and healthy.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been on the receiving end of anyones hate and I hope that this is no longer the case. I too am from Canada!! After returning from a few years of missionary work in India with my new wife from India we went out for a walk in my community on her first night in Canada only to have some people race past in a car and shout out racial slurs at her, it was quite a welcome!! Racism hurts eveyone none more than the user, ignorance is crippling!! I wish you all the best in La Belle Province.

Cory

Edited by clmacdougall

well... don't let one bigot stop you. If he did, he won.

Agreed ... and this is a message to everyone ... if there is ever any racism directed towards you please let me know and I will try my best to take care of it. That is definitely something that is not tolerated here.

thanks,

MMS

Secondly, some actually do add some great and actually useful content. So if you are a vendor, ask yourself this. "Have I actually contributed anything which is specifically applicable for people in their endeavours as a trader?". Really think hard about this one and don't try to kid yourself - otherwise maybe Rande can help you with self delusion!

On a last note I'll just add a genuine thank you to all the vendors who do contribute REAL VALUE to our community and to those who don't, b****r off!

Amen ... the majority of the vendors listed have provided and continue to provide real value and content to the site and are welcome to hang out here. As an example, urma and steve46 started some of the best threads on TL. Further, we already moderate most of the slimy ones that you don't even see. So let's all be careful not to get into a witch-hunt as these guys are respected *contributing* members of TL as much as everyone else is.

thx,

MMS

I don't think people object to honest above board vendors;

but people do get T-off when you are chatting along, exchanging ideas, and all of a sudden, out of the blue, he offers you his must have miracle indi or his slippery snake course for $x,xxx.

I don't think people object to honest above board vendors;

but people do get T-off when you are chatting along, exchanging ideas, and all of a sudden, out of the blue, he offers you his must have miracle indi or his slippery snake course for $x,xxx.

Tams I think the site owner is in a paradox here, if he cares too much about the intent of the poster he may miss out on their content, no matter that it may be herding you into following them back to their website or product, it would remove the enticement to read their posts and ad revenue may possibly fall off.

The other side of the coin is that by enticing vendors no matter their intentions he begins to eat away at the fabric of the TL community at large and is in danger of seeing the longer standing members leave due to a lack of policing and overall quality. Without those longer standing members remaining there would be no TL.

This is a matter for the other moderators and management to take up with the owner as a grass roots movement is doomed to fail. A student should never attempt to rise above his teacher, but lets not forget, he could always start a school of his own!!

Tams I think the site owner is in a paradox here, if he cares too much about the intent of the poster he may miss out on their content, no matter that it may be herding you into following them back to their website or product, it would remove the enticement to read their posts and ad revenue may possibly fall off.

The other side of the coin is that by enticing vendors no matter their intentions he begins to eat away at the fabric of the TL community at large and is in danger of seeing the longer standing members leave due to a lack of policing and overall quality. Without those longer standing members remaining there would be no TL.

This is a matter for the other moderators and management to take up with the owner as a grass roots movement is doomed to fail. A student should never attempt to rise above his teacher, but lets not forget, he could always start a school of his own!!

Information and content that comes with a purpose is potentially misinformation. The most susceptible are the newer posters and the perpetually naive tenured posters. For everyone else it really should just be as annoying as a fly that came into the kitchen when the door was left open.

I do have respect for some on the list. As an example Rande Howe. He seems to respond and defend his statements in a very respectable manor which in turn makes it pleasant whether you agree with him or not.

Personally, I feel that MMS should let them post what they like, but he should let us decide their fate and not come to aid when they cry that someone is being mean to them, which really means that someone is asking them to be accountable. The pissing contests always seem to stem from someone asking a vendor to be accountable. Their only response seems to be a defensive counter attack on the individual asking the question. It's a common snake oil salesman tactic to thwart attention from the original request. It doesn't always turn into a pissing contest; however, it does get ugly at times, but what emerges, yes, is some piss on the floor, but you can also see the snake oil and most of us are able to easily distinguish between water and oil.

I do think that each member should be respectful of each other member. THAT is what makes a great community and forum especially on a topic such as trading where there are no absolutes. Everyone should be able to freely express their opinions and ideas and others should be able to respectfully comment on those opinions and ideas. I do not believe anything or anyone should be censured.

The topics should be allowed to flow freely. As an example: If a gentleman from the northeast wishes to ask an older individual from California to be accountable and the older individual from California decides to respond by sharing his experience with broken sexual apparatus, then the conversation should be allowed to go where it has to. There is always a reason for a tangent and that reason should be ferreted out. It is my belief that everything is relevant until it is made irrelevant. As long as there is respect for everyone's right to be here, there is no need for additional regulations or labels. If I have ever said that they should be labeled, then I rescind that statement.

MM

I respectfully disagree MM, by labeling a vendor you clear up the mess upfront, their intentions come as no surprise and they can take on an even greater place in the community by showing themselves as providers of good information and they can sell their wares at the same time.

Would you feel more comfortable buying something from a well known store or some guy out front of that store revealing merchandise to you in some sort of secretive fashion. I think we all know the answer to that question. Labeling is not for the purpose of censure or shame but for the purpose of intentions being uncovered, doesn't the seller/vendor owe us at least that in order to attempt to sell here at TL?

clmacdougall,

In your example I would rather buy the merchandise from inside the store too. In your example, generally, selling secretively in front of the store is illegal. MMS has made it legal to sell wares on this site.

I think the ill will that is felt when you learn that someone is a vendor on this site is more akin to when you are out with your buddies and you are trying to pick up girls and the one that you meet ends up being a prostitute. The problem, if you have a problem with it, is that you were hoping to score and you learn that in fact you are going to have to pay if you want to score.

Similarly, here you come to get information and instead, you find out that someone is trying to get something from you.

I am just not that bothered by it and I really think that some of them add color and are fun to poke sticks at. You gotta love a guy who thinks he has the holy grail.

MM

Hi MM,

The posting of a seller/vendor member is almost assuredly not about helping you, but is about creating dependencies between your perceptions and their product for sale. This naturally taints their posting as the creation of such a dependency is ultimately their goal.

The reason they want to sell is that their product doesn't work and they need to recoup their money for the lost time they spent creating it.

I certainly wouldn't keep you from having fun at their expense, as they are posting at their own risk of being maligned, but that's a business risk they are willing to take.

One suggestion for vendors out their is to publicly label themselves on TL. It will add a sense of legitimacy and trustworthiness to them that their peers don't have.

Just a thought!

It becomes second nature after being around these forums so long to just not trust anybody.

I always assume everybody wants something and there is nobody here who genuinely wants to help others. I know that is not true, but that is the way I have come to approach things. (actually that can be said about almost all areas of life, not just trading).

I wonder often why I come to these places at all. Mostly for entertainment, I guess.

But there are occasional "lights come on" moments spurred by certain posters. We all know who they are. There aren't many, but they are here.

Since this vender list has been getting compiled, it becomes a little unsettling to notice how much of the conversations here are started by or perpetuated by these venders. I have not been around all that long, so I don't claim to know the early days of TL, but I am guessing most of these forums are started by well meaning people for all the right reasons, but they and up being a "for profit" business. The forum is free so the only way to generate revenue is by selling add space and the only way to do that is to have a large and active forum and the only way to do that is to let everyone in and let conversations run...

The profit wasn't such a big deal, I don't think, to the founder of this site, but if I were a buyer of a site like this for, say, 100k, I would be certainly looking for ways to make it pay, which means, the quality is almost certainly going to go down. I may be way off the mark there, but I have been in business myself and have a pretty good idea how things work...

...so, maybe, ultimately, we all come here looking for a friend... Many times we find it is a friend for pay, (prostitute), and that hurts, but it is the reality of the game. I don't know what the answer is, if venders should be labeled somehow or not, but it really is part of the learning process to have to learn how to fend for oneself in this environment. Or any environment... ;)

Hi JEH

There's alot of truth in what you say but there's also something sad about the reality you put forward ............. you've given up on the community. Or at least on the community being something worthwhile.

Just like MM stated, instead of the community here at TL being good it's now become "entertaining" that's a sad commentary on where this forum has gone compared to why it was started.

But it's not without hope and there are practical steps that can reverse the direction it's headed in. Let's hope it doesn't go down the drain and that the present owner can connect with why it was started and where it should be headed. Take care of that and the sites popularity and financial well being will take care of itself.

Hi,

I've read through these posts on the topic of vendors.

I rarely have posted on any forum but find this interesting because of my situation as a full time trader who teaches.

I have remained anonymous and not tried to sell anything through a forum.

The hardest thing for new traders is differentiating between slick sales guys and genuine skilled traders.

The slick sales guys usually have a larger sales budget and as they don't actually trade have the time to create an illusion of high quality teaching.

The sales pitch appeals to those that have a need or desire to quickly change their financial status.

What way would be best to filter the few professionals from the pretenders.

Can we ask questions about their skill which is able to be verified independently.

The answer of lack of it may help to determine their abilities.

I would like to hear your opinions and ideas on this.

Hi Plugger,

Forgive me, I don't think I saw your post before. I'll certainly give you my two cents concerning your questions.

It's hard enough to figure out someones character or intentions when you are face to face with them,let alone online!! But for a site like this I think first impressions say alot.

A vendor who does not introduce himself as such when he joins the community only to worm his way into the social fabric of TL before starting a barrage of private messages promoting himself or posting his business url, has said alot about himself upfront.

As said earlier by zdo, recognizing when a vendor eludes hard questions repeatedly is another good indicator that you may not want to consider him reliable.

As to what proves him worthwhile, I'm going to guess "longevity" is probably one of the safest answers, along with "transparency".

As to particular questions that would prove him viable, I imagine something from the futures association and BBB would be meaningful, along with any questions you might consider prudent about his business practices and return policies that you could get in writing.

I'm not interested so much in separating good vendors from bad ones, they'll do a good enough job of that by themselves, I just see the value in labeling all vendors as being such so as to more fully understand their intent when posting.

What do you think, any ideas?

There is nothing exclusive in this search to identify vendors. All members are welcome to help. Please let us know if you've found a TL member attempting to sell you or others anything on or off this site. Also, please let us know if you've been contacted via private message on this site by a vendor / seller. Such actions break the rules as specified by the site owner.

Our vendor list with names product and price:

Electroniclocal / 3 day seminar / $5000

Steve46 / daily coaching / $200 per month

Urma Blume / tradestation inducator package addon / $1400 per year

Logic / manual / $750

nhallett / 5 hour course / $297

Rande Howell / multi media courses + 10 personal sessions / $ 2997

Dbphoenix / ebook / $30

TheRumpledOne / indicators / $50

swisstrader / multicharts package/ free - $9990

doubletop11 / indicator package / $1000 per year

Tim Racette / ebook / $49.95

alleyb / trading site mentorship / $800 per year

Eiger / mentorship courses / $69 - $1199

NihabaAshi & wrbtrader / training / $193 - $473

Predictor / manual and mentorship / unknown, through email add only

Fulcrum Trader /training & chatroom /$97 per month chat & $397 - $697 training

Dionysus Toast / indicator package / $249

Plugger / trading program / $1997

I will post the others after discovering what they are trying to sell and for how much. Thanks