Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Plugger, you've got a business url right in your contact info, it took me right to your tzar corp trading site. I hope you don't mind me pointing out that you're a vendor too, but you already told us that so there's no harm right.

worth repeating... ...

... I'm starting to learn that nothing for sale works and that nothing that works is for sale!!

Trading is just like someone else said, a personal journey and discovery that can't be bought or begged into a success. It's a gift earned with a lot of time and hard work spent alone.

The reason they want to sell is that their product doesn't work and they need to recoup their money for the lost time they spent creating it.

...so, maybe, ultimately, we all come here looking for a friend... Many times we find it is a friend for pay, (prostitute), and that hurts,

Are there any non selling, non vending members here at TL?:helloooo: This is becoming hilarious.

Tams, please don't try to sell me anything, I think I'd cry!!

I have posted 54 indicators in this forum... including some of the indicators that I use everyday.

All of them are source-code included; none of them are for sale -- they are free.

I have more indicators to post, if I can find time, including the advanced/enhanced versions of the indicators I have already posted.

Maybe in the new year...

ps. Some nice folks have offered to pay. Thank you. I have always refer them to this charity:

Traders Laboratory & Room to Read Charity Program

Whenever a member praises something too much without bothering to reason why it is so good, shady selling is the first thing which comes to my mind.

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/trading-videos/10648-sam-seiden-understanding-exact-process-behind.html

especially when the first post new members are chiming in.

they must think we were born yesterday.

if I were the mod, I would automatically delete any thread that has a first post member praising a product or service.

it's a no-brainer.

The following is the type of exchange that took place today (Sam Seiden thread) that irritates me with SOME vendors here..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tradewinds »

Can someone tell me exactly how those pivot point highs and lows are defined? In that period of sideways consolidation, there are two lines. How do you determine exactly where to put those two lines? Are the lines based on the highest close and the lowest close within that area?

Reply by Doubletop11....There's a software out there that does it automatically for you. It's called APA zones. I use it and it works really well.

It's this type of posting that is a big turn of and tiresome to read.

Is DT11's reply really an unbiased and genuine opinion to help a member ?...or is he trying to sell another indicator?......You decide.

At least if he was clearly identified as a vendor those reading can probably decide before even being directed to his site !

Edited by Moyyim

...so, maybe, ultimately, we all come here looking for a friend... Many times we find it is a friend for pay, (prostitute)

Look at the irony, the apparent genuine advice turns into a shady bait:

Here is a video that changed mine whole view on trading.It made a one trick pony out of me when it comes to trading:)

Sam is tha man when it comes to simplicity and reality of markets and i am lucky that i had chance to learn from him and other instructors.

Hope it will help some one as it have helped me!

Regards!

There's a software out there that does it automatically for you. It's called APA zones. I use it and it works really well.
:( But I want to create my own program. Now I'm so sad.

Is DT11's reply really an unbiased and genuine opinion to help a member ?...or is he trying to sell another indicator?......You decide.

I think the key point here is that we should let the members *decide for themselves* what to do with the information. No one here needs to decide for them. Let's not be so cynical and assume every time someone mentions a product he is trying to sell it. I don't know if doubletop11 is or not but he is welcome to say he likes a product. And even if he was, maybe someone reading is looking for a recommendation on some software? Point is, everyone can decide for themselves if a post has value.

thanks,

MMS

Since this vender list has been getting compiled, it becomes a little unsettling to notice how much of the conversations here are started by or perpetuated by these venders.

Let's be careful with this statement - some of the best threads at TL have been started by people who are vendors. Secondly, this list is not making a value statement (e.g. they are bad people) about them, just identifying them as requested by the community. And these people still continue to create some of the best content for everyone to read and discuss. As an example, Tim Racette has contributed an enourmous amount of excellent articles and (hopefully) will continue to do so. Same with Rande, Norm, etc.

Everyone is welcome here at TL and the moderators will try their best to keep everyone behaving within the rules of the community.

thx

MMS

I think the key point here is that we should let the members *decide for themselves* what to do with the information. No one here needs to decide for them. Let's not be so cynical and assume every time someone mentions a product he is trying to sell it. I don't know if doubletop11 is or not but he is welcome to say he likes a product. And even if he was, maybe someone reading is looking for a recommendation on some software? Point is, everyone can decide for themselves if a post has value.

thanks,

MMS

ok...Just so I'm clear, is it ok to mention/post names and links to other websites ?

Edited by Moyyim

ok...Just so I'm clear, is it ok to mention/post names and links to other websites ?

Hi Moyyim,

Thanks for the question. Yes as long as we feel there is value in the mention\link. The moderators will remove all links\references to other sites IF they feel it is too spammy or if it is clearly obvious they are just promoting something. They won't always get it right so members can also report posts they feel have crossed the line. But we let people post links, etc to other sites all the time - a good example is the recent Market Manipulation thread. http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/trading-markets/10655-market-manipulation.html.

You wouldn't believe the amount of spammy posts\threads we delete everyday!

I hope this helps,

MMS

I think vendors should pay to advertise if they want the opportunity to host a thread and promote themselves. I would have a lot more respect for them if I knew they were paying to solicit business. However, it is MMS's site and he can run it the way he pleases.

I thought they did pay

bobc

There is nothing exclusive in this search to identify vendors. All members are welcome to help. Please let us know if you've found a TL member attempting to sell you or others anything on or off this site.

Our vendor list with names product and price:

electroniclocal / 3 day seminar / $5000

Steve46 / daily coaching / $200 per month

Urma Blume / tradestation inducator package addon / $1400 per year

Logic / manual / $750

nhallett / 5 hour course / $297

Rande Howell / multi media courses + 10 personal sessions / $ 2997

Dbphoenix / ebook / $30

TheRumpledOne / indicators / $50

swisstrader / multicharts package/ free - $9990

doubletop11 / indicator package / $1000 per year

Tim Racette / ebook / $49.95

alleyb / trading site mentorship / $800 per year

Eiger / mentorship courses / $69 - $1199

NihabaAshi & wrbtrader / training / $193 - $473

Predictor / manual and mentorship / unknown, through email add only

Fulcrum Trader /training & chatroom /$97 per month chat & $397 - $697 training

Dionysus Toast / indicator package / $249

Plugger / trading program / $1997

windsurfer / trading program / $50 per month

I will post the others after discovering what they are trying to sell and for how much. Thanks

xkr1962 is also a vendor. I have no idea of what he charges, but he admits in a video to teaching and having students.

I think I have identified my peeve with the "vendors". It isn't that they sell things or that they are trying to promote their business. It irritates me when they try to do so by being a conman, selling the "make 400 a day with 20 minutes work" dream. Or, in any way pretending to do something that cannot and refusing to prove that they can.

It is amazing too how when you probe them, that they respond so similarly.

The list should probably be split between vendors and frauds.

There is nothing exclusive in this search to identify vendors. All members are welcome to help. Please let us know if you've found a TL member attempting to sell you or others anything on or off this site.

Our vendor list with names product and price:

electroniclocal / 3 day seminar / $5000

steve46 / daily coaching / $200 per month

Urma Blume / tradestation inducator package addon / $1400 per year

Logic / manual / $750

nhallett / 5 hour course / $297

Rande Howell / multi media courses + 10 personal sessions / $ 2997

Dbphoenix / ebook / $30

TheRumpledOne / indicators / $50

swisstrader / multicharts package/ free - $9990

doubletop11 / indicator package / $1000 per year

Tim Racette / ebook / $49.95

alleyb / trading site mentorship / $800 per year

Eiger / mentorship courses / $69 - $1199

NihabaAshi & wrbtrader / training / $193 - $473

Predictor / manual and mentorship / unknown, through email add only

Fulcrum Trader /training & chatroom /$97 per month chat & $397 - $697 training

Dionysus Toast / indicator package / $249

Plugger / trading program / $1997

windsurfer / trading program / $50 per month

xkr1962 / training & mentorship / $8000 - $16,000

I will post the others after discovering what they are trying to sell and for how much. Thanks

I find it a strange business model to allow non paying vendors to secretly / privately promote themselves freely here at TL while others who publicly advertise have to pay!! This must be disheartening to paying vendors!!

I have found this thread very interesting and also a bit disturbing.

Especially when I see a name on the vendors list who I thought was a good , helpful person.

Some of these vendors do offer useful info and their posts create talking points for the Traders Laboratory Forum. But I am influenced by the posts and if a person says that the position of Mars will help my trading, I just might go and buy a telescope and waste 3 months .Further,the vendor has an ulterior motive to sell his product, so the info supplied is not necessarily honest.

I believe that a vendor should identify himself , because he will loose creditability once identified. I also think the vendor should pay a fee to post. Nothing big , but say $200 a month. Afterall , he will get it back very quickly by using his trading skills.And I think he will gain respect from the members by supporting the Forum.

bobc

Ps... looking to buy a cheap telescope.

I find it a strange business model to allow non paying vendors to secretly / privately promote themselves freely here at TL while others who publicly advertise have to pay!! This must be disheartening to paying vendors!!

Quite interesting eh? I know I'd be royally pissed seeing as some of these guys make thousands per sheeple.

I have an interesting dilemma with where I stand in this discussion.

In my previous post I was upfront that I both trade and teach.

I didn't make public my trading site so as not to spam or promote unduly.

I have only posted a few times with no hidden agenda and would like to think there are others that are on this forum that do similar.

I am a genuine trader and I trade for a living. I actually ran a free monthly meeting at my house for a few years to help traders on the Sunshine Coast, Australia.

So I teach because I want to and enjoy helping other traders - but that doesn't mean I should do it for nothing (although I have in the past).

The bigger problem comes from vendors who have big budgets and sales people with no trading experience flogging trading programs to the unsuspecting.

All the traders here that have spent years in producing a skill set to make them successful find these parasites the most disgusting.

Is there a way to filter the few professionals from the pretenders?

Maybe a start is to help change newer traders perspective of what is real and what is fairytale.

I think genuinely knowledgeable educators have to give something to the community and let them judge whether they are any good. Like the markets themselves. What many of these guys should realise is that although they will be giving stuff away for free, if they demonstrate a level of competency to people, people will respect them for it.

I have an interesting dilemma with where I stand in this discussion.

In my previous post I was upfront that I both trade and teach.

I didn't make public my trading site so as not to spam or promote unduly.

I have only posted a few times with no hidden agenda and would like to think there are others that are on this forum that do similar.

I am a genuine trader and I trade for a living. I actually ran a free monthly meeting at my house for a few years to help traders on the Sunshine Coast, Australia.

So I teach because I want to and enjoy helping other traders - but that doesn't mean I should do it for nothing (although I have in the past).

The bigger problem comes from vendors who have big budgets and sales people with no trading experience flogging trading programs to the unsuspecting.

All the traders here that have spent years in producing a skill set to make them successful find these parasites the most disgusting.

Is there a way to filter the few professionals from the pretenders?

Maybe a start is to help change newer traders perspective of what is real and what is fairytale.

While the problem you noted is real,

the problem that lead to this thread is more disturbing: people who did not identify themselves as vendors, or have mentioned it in passing in ONE post that were buried deep somewhere.... and they give you all kinds of "help", pointing you whichever way... but ultimately (and predictably) ended at the suggestion of their ebook, or seminar, or indicator, or advisory service.

I have no problem with vendors selling their products, but they should be above board.

If it were mandatory for them to have a vendor badge, wouldn't it be free advertising for them? You'll always get people who are naive enough just to sign up anyway. There has to be a balance somewhere in this. Maybe all vendors once identified should have all their posts and pm's monitored. It's certainly not straight forward. Even a separate vendor forum is kind of like free advertising. The reason these guys tend not to identify themselves is because in doing so they know they are soliciting which we don't want! I think the important thing is people keep them in check. Maybe what we need is a new vendor code of conduct to be written. If they are out of line, they can be referred to it.

These are the current forum guidelines for anyone who hasn't seen them:-

Forum Guidelines