Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

trader84

Which Market Internal Did You Guys Find Most Usefull?

•The TRIN

•The TRIN/Q

•The TICK

•The TIKI

•The VIX

there are many of them...which did u find to be most usefull? any why?

Trin & Tiki don't work as well as they used to due to the continued use of programmed and automated executions. On the other hand I use the NYSE Tick as the backbone of my system (I read the tape using it). For those unfamiliar with the term "reading the tape" it involves monitoring the time & sales strip, the tick and $VOLD/$ADD....We read the tape as price tests a key reference area...when this occurs you can see whether the bid will be held or the offer lifted. Makes it relatively easy to enter a trade favorably.

Those who want to look slightly outside the box should look toward the put/call ratios (to the exchange websites for this information)

Trin & Tiki don't work as well as they used to due to the continued use of programmed and automated executions. On the other hand I use the NYSE Tick as the backbone of my system (I read the tape using it). For those unfamiliar with the term "reading the tape" it involves monitoring the time & sales strip, the tick and $VOLD/$ADD....We read the tape as price tests a key reference area...when this occurs you can see whether the bid will be held or the offer lifted. Makes it relatively easy to enter a trade favorably.

Those who want to look slightly outside the box should look toward the put/call ratios (to the exchange websites for this information)

Thx for this info.

1) What excatly did trading robots do to the trin and tiki to make them stop work?

2) how much of an edge do you gain with VOLD? or put/call ratio?

Thx for this info.

1) What excatly did trading robots do to the trin and tiki to make them stop work?

2) how much of an edge do you gain with VOLD? or put/call ratio?

In answer to number 1

I don't really have time to give a detailed answer. One assumes you will put some effort into this subject on your own..however as an example, it used to be that you could spot automated execution because all (or most) of the stocks in the Dow 30 would be bought or sold at the same time..using the TIKI you would see a reading of +/-26 to 30 and that would be a reliable indication of programmed execution...now (unfortunately) more contemporary programs split that exeecution into smaller baskets and so it is less detectable....a similar situation has occurred with the Trin

and for #2

the edge or advantage that you gain depends on your system, I have no idea what system you are using, so you will have to do your own testing to obtain that answer.

Hope this helps

Steve