Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

I am looking for new friends to trade the futures markets. Posted are 6 trades from today 7/26/11 that I found interesting. . (Major futures market equities ES YM TF etc) 1) 11:30 am est sell 2) 12pm est buy 3) 12:30 est sell 4) 1:15 pm est buy 5) 2:30 est sell 6) 4:15 pm est buy. DIA1257261 is a small chart pic of the #5 sell candel and DIA12572610 is the small chart of #4 candel buy. White circles are on the charts for trade placement except I forgot to circle #6. The lines are the support/resistance lines that were traded today. Yellow arrow on candle = sell that candle and blue arrow on candle = buy that candle. This also works great on the DX futures as well or any futures. Anyone trading this precise or wants to trade this precise is welcome to be friends. Thanks

DIA1257261.PNG.0aeb11d995071bfb11e0bad45a56fbea.PNG

DIA157261.PNG.a0cbd84b51510a735eea2db423e7d1bf.PNG

DIA1572612.PNG.ccd5727525326a447ade59ab8eb91163.PNG

DIA1572613.PNG.6fe9496e0d584356db6361b1d9c7bea4.PNG

DIA1572614.PNG.0d8bc8764ab2b97bed7a13f923d26513.PNG

DIA12572610.PNG.cd2b667da059f8cf54d027868b6902f1.PNG

DIA1572615.PNG.768cf38d91230743654c4f6696c249fe.PNG

DIA1572616.PNG.e102732be64ccdc3b83378afc74cbf2c.PNG

Mae...., I think the charts are very self explanatory. 6 trades off 15 minute charts at the candle time on the chart. 2 small charts of 2 of those that show even more precision of the exact high and low candle of those swings and at the exact high and low tick of those candles.

Mae...., I think the charts are very self explanatory. 6 trades off 15 minute charts at the candle time on the chart. 2 small charts of 2 of those that show even more precision of the exact high and low candle of those swings and at the exact high and low tick of those candles.

Ok, I'm game.....

You said you are trading sup/res....curious as to what these levels are based on (single bar s/r, intraday swings, etc) And, you listed specific times that you took your trades....are these set times of the day that you always look for trades?

I guess I am asking if you are looking for some commentary/feedback on your style of trading. If so, a bit more detail would be helpful.

And, the fact that you were trading off of 15 m charts was not self-explanatory when the attachments are zoomed in to 2 or 3 bars.

Looking forward to learning about your methods....

M

Mae...., Thanks for your interest and keen help. Yes, the trades posted are 15 minute candle charts with 2 of them having a corresponding smaller frame trading chart that showed the high and low tick sell/buy at very top tick on sell and very bottom tick on buy. The arrows come on automatically off a strategy running real time and the support/resistance lines are part of the same strategy. Commentary/feedback is welcome as are friends who trade as precisely or want to trade as precisely. Sorry for not labeling the candles. The times are just the times that those candelas are formed and the trades are taken inside the circles as per the smaller trading charts. (2 are shown) I think I gave a precise time of trade on one of the smaller charts.(2:20 pm est #5 2:30 sell candle)

Mae...., Thanks for your interest and keen help. Yes, the trades posted are 15 minute candle charts with 2 of them having a corresponding smaller frame trading chart that showed the high and low tick sell/buy at very top tick on sell and very bottom tick on buy. The arrows come on automatically off a strategy running real time and the support/resistance lines are part of the same strategy. Commentary/feedback is welcome as are friends who trade as precisely or want to trade as precisely. Sorry for not labeling the candles. The times are just the times that those candelas are formed and the trades are taken inside the circles as per the smaller trading charts. (2 are shown) I think I gave a precise time of trade on one of the smaller charts.(2:20 pm est #5 2:30 sell candle)

Great - looking forward to your posts!

M

Thanks Mae....... I am looking more for friends to trade futures then to simply post, but I may post more if there is any interest. Thanks again.

I am looking for new friends to trade the futures markets.

I'm not sure what this means? Do you want to collaborate with other people, and share ideas? What if you have all the good ideas and the person who wants to be your friend doesn't have any good ideas at all? How would this friendship work?

To clarify see 15 min bar chart of 7/26/11 with circles on the previous posted charts signals and a 1 minute chart of the YM with corresponding signal circles. This is usable for the major markets (ES, YM, TF etc.) Tra..., I guess we all have a certain number of friends that might fall into that, but real intelligent friends do contribute and that is called a friendship.

DIA1572617.PNG.ebcb0652381e28517f8da6d2b2ba2f67.PNG

YM17261.thumb.PNG.a57d1e76e4afaada65f7047206273e68.PNG

That is about 180 YM points for about $900 / contract for those trades shown, if I did the math correctly. Similar moves in the TF and ES. Please feel free to check my math and offer corrections if needed. Anyone up to doing the TF and ES 1 minute profit reports for those 1 minute signals?

Attached chart shows a 15 minute chart with a sell signal that appeared real time at 12:02

Pm EST today 7/28/11. The TF sell at 808.3, the YM sell at 12331 and the ES sell at 1312.75. I hope you are doing as well. Pha..., patience, patience, patience. Actual trades, maybe if you are friendly I will post some of them.

DIA157281.PNG.2b12823dc8ca0f2e51f5af929c0a85ef.PNG

Davt,

I'm having a very difficult time discerning what I'm seeing here. Could you explain your signals a little bit, because your images are lacking context.

Maybe you could back out and give a bigger picture of what we're looking at, ie show an hour's worth of bars per picture or something along these lines?

At this point, its too tedious trying to figure out what we are supposed to be seeing in your images...

All I can guess is this: you're trading 1 minute candlesticks with some sort of breakout system. Am I in the ballpark here? Are these hammer bars or what?

Phantom

Attached chart shows a 15 minute chart with a sell signal that appeared real time at 12:02

Pm EST today 7/28/11. The TF sell at 808.3, the YM sell at 12331 and the ES sell at 1312.75. I hope you are doing as well. Pha..., patience, patience, patience. Actual trades, maybe if you are friendly I will post some of them.

So what are you saying, D.: you took all three trades in these related markets?

Looks like your method is one of the very first things I learned as a trader called "The Blip". It is a very common trading pattern. Many trading courses teach it buy use a different name for it.

Odds are better when this pattern is attached to something...such a previous HOD, LOD or a know reference level to other traders.

You show entries, but no exits? The entries circled are spikes on your candle, something that forms AFTER that candle closes, and if you wait to see if that spike holds or is taken out, then you have to wait for the next candle to complete. Therefore, you where you circled cant be your entry, but your 'signal to enter'. That is my guess anyways. So if that is the case, your circles on the charts are a bit misleading if they are actual entries.

It does appear that you are marking up a chart after the fact, like Phantom mentioned. You need a bit more details to make this believable if you want to attract people who actually trade for a living.

Pha..., See attached 5 pictures. DIA1572910 is a 15 minute overview chart of the major markets (ES, YM and TF) and other signal generator for 7/29/11. The first buy of the day came at 9:46 AM EST on the 10 AM candle, right after the signal firing at 9:44 AM on previous candle and below the buy line. The other 3 circles on the chart are the places where other real time arrows appeared (not shown), that were for 3 other trades that day. The yellow resistance line and the blue support lines are also displayed on that chart. DIA1257291 is the trading chart of the major markets that gave the buy signal at 9:46 am and YMC3572910 is the corresponding YM trading chart that is giving the buy signal also at 9:46 AM.

I have the computers configured to place either an automated limit order or a manual limit order at that time in either the YM, ES or TF. These first 3 charts show that placement of the YM buy order just slightly off the market low. Each of the 3 markets that I am following (ES, YM and TF) are running the strategy and executing real time signals that I control automated or manually.

ESPR7291 is the NET profit report for the ES signals raw after subtracting all commission and throwing away all slippage before filtering them for greater profit with the major market filter as described for the last 2 weeks and DIAPR7291 is the equity graph of the major markets filter that I am applying and showing with screen shots.

Yes, I have an abhorrence for ever loosing money in any day and with this method I haven't Yes, the annualized net profit percentage is greater than the 384.51% raw ES NET shown for the last 2 weeks.. Sil..., There is no use of HOD nor LOD and the circles do contain the actual trade and are not made after the close of the candle but during its formation. The entries are the exits and the exits are the entries as shown once started in the market and conclude with the last circle for the day. All charts were originally formed real time and arrow/signals are placed real time by the strategy as the candle is formed. To my knowledge this is not being demonstrated/taught anywhere on the net. Looking for new friends.

YMC3572910.PNG.f3430b60694dfa8ee9c6464f4d79dda9.PNG

DIA1257291.PNG.a2dd79066291b102ba99588f0062e39b.PNG

ESPR7291.PNG.b3e8bd91470c30f30963d24f5843d152.PNG

DIAPR7291.thumb.PNG.b62c196d4bbab57ab179a1f91efda35e.PNG

DIA1572910.PNG.0ab116911999dc93ff4b09290ecf04fe.PNG

Edited by DAVT

Pha..., no this is NOT a commercial package. Way too good to be a mere commercial package and it is also too good to be sold. (also too good to be given away) Therefore it is not for sale. Looking for new friends. (BTW: No one volunteered in a friendly manor to take the challenge to find out which of the 3 markets I am using the method to play is the most profitable. See clue attached. This is a NET profit report AFTER commission and all SLIPPAGE has been subtracted and BEFORE the filter has been applied on a 5 minute TF).

TF5PR31713.PNG.e9cca2cc89a6909fa3910e23daf2f075.PNG

I pretty much stopped checking into this thread after the first page, but I have to ask..... are you simply trying to get subscribers to some sort of signal service or training?

The reason I ask is you keep stating you are looking for friends who trade like you..... but, there is no way to know if anyone trades like you because I have no idea how you trade. Your screen shots are tiny and unhelpful, there is no real explanation of your methods, and frankly, I haven't been able to discern anything of value from your posts other than you have an "automated" system that seems to magically catch every swing top and bottom almost to the tick.

Some friendly advice.... if you are indeed looking for trading "friends", initiate a more engaging dialogue. I have made many friends here with many great traders by posting my trading methods, ideas, successes and failures.... Phantom and others have done the same.

Guess I am just trying to figure out the intentions here.....

M

I also check in to see if there is more posted here to explain the purpose for this thread.

When I read what you wrote "No one volunteered in a friendly manor to take the challenge to find out which of the 3 markets I am using the method to play is the most profitable."

I don't want to present myself as unfriendly, but perhaps it is that I don't want to play 20 questions to get to what you are really are looking for. Some already asked previously with no real explanation from you. A few of us took our time to post, so obviously you got our interest. Can you please (being friendly here) give us a bit more detailed explanation as to what you are looking for?

Bwe..., thanks. The profit reports by TS are generated by the strategy being read by TS. It then issues a PR based on that strategy for the real data fed into it by the live markets. TS PR has no way to know exactly where the trade was executed in the real market, so I told it to assume the worst possible fill I could think of ALL the time. This assures that actual manual/automated trades will actually average better than the TS PR. This is a function of TS and TS takes all trades issued by the strategy. I filter manually.

Mal..., there is no signal service.

Sil..., new friends wanted.

See attached 15 min chart of 7/29/11 with 4 trades illustrated on this filter chart on major markets. It has on it 3 lines. Yellow, blue and bottom translucent (all on chart before first trade of the day) along with the 4 trade areas circled in white, The first blue buy arrow appeared on chart at about 9:44 am EST and the trade was executed off the smaller time frame chart at about 9:46am EST and inside the posted white circle and below the translucent buy line pictured.(see previously posted picture small timeframe charts)

The next 3 trades were taken inside the next 3 circles as a sell, buy and sell respectively (arrows not shown) and off a smaller trading chart that is running the same strategy and gives the actual trading signal to a more profitable trade than that shown by this filter chart signals.

This process is repeated all day long and in multiple markets. I posted this as an example.

Just looking for new friends.

DIA1572910.PNG.229349927769b94895c95f449a5a4d95.PNG

8/4/11 was another typical day in the markets. See attached. DIA15841 is a 15 minute overview of 8/4 with 5 trades circled on it. The last on ending just after market close. TF5C841 is the TF 5 minute chart illustrating the first trade on the overview chart and YMMAT8412 is the matrix buy of that signal. YMMAT8413 is continuation to next sell signal shone on TF5C8412. TFMAT8413 is the matrix sell of that trade.

DIA15841.PNG.e9a8edb79b0d7dbd52bb22932814b84b.PNG

TF5C841.PNG.f715f9c59d82d81204966fc6b9758fb7.PNG

YMMAT8412.thumb.PNG.349d0443fffdb1dc0f187865803d1d61.PNG

YMMAT8413.PNG.0600d5df7ba3f125aba1802b0d793c0c.PNG

TF5C8412.PNG.d3011d7f60ff0ce18102e9ee24a6c74a.PNG

TFMAT8413.thumb.PNG.882e03ebeabc51a019b27c4a27ec5080.PNG