Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

The photo you guys have is all black....I have managed to secure the one that FBI investigators took that reveals more (special cameras I hear).....but they are not sure if its Obama and Romney OR Petraeus and the biographer.

It could even be Mitts latest artistic performance piece.

(thats enough juvenile behaviour for the day for me - its amazing what the yearly admin and accounts will do to your brain)

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32870&stc=1&d=1352969948

5aa7117b2f502_Thegeneral.jpg.43995380620c63dbf13185befb3a13ee.jpg

From Eurozone crisis live: Lagarde demands Greek deal next week | Business | guardian.co.uk

"Zombie protesters against the IMF

Protesters dressed as zombies gathered near the Philippines' presidential palace to protest against the International Monetary Fund.

The demonstration was organised by members of the Freedom for Debt Coalition, in solidarity with people in the eurozone. They carried placards with slogans such as "IMF is an economic zombie" and "IMF is dead. A walking dead".

Here are a few pictures of the rally, which took place while Christine Lagarde was holding her meetings and a press conference inside the palace."

attachment.php?attachmentid=32903&stc=1&d=1353060685

lol?

2012-11-16.thumb.jpg.2317cf432505ab2b57997c7a3d25ed30.jpg

Sixteen, I think :) You might have missed either the 2x2 square in the centre, or the 3x3 starting at the bottom left?

Edit: darn, I was too slow to answer, I was beaten to it by BobC!

Edited by Perrin
Beaten by Bob C

attachment.php?attachmentid=33114&stc=1&d=1353986730

Now come on people - get a grip here!

If the centre squares had all sides intact, there would be 16 smallest ones. But there are 7 of them with one side incomplete, leaving 9 - we agree on that.

Next, there is ONE all-encompassing square, with a side of 4 matchsticks ... are you with me so far ... if not, then pay attention, because the next bit is going to be difficult, if you are already having bother ... you too Bob!

This largest, single square is divided into 4, by the matchsticks that cross in the middle.

Finally, I see one 2-matchstick sided square right in the middle, sharing the same centre as the largest, single square.

Unless my year one math is a bit off tonight, that is 9+1+4+1.

I hope you all stick with 16, because I am going to scoop the pool here ... aren't I?

EDIT: After reading Siuya's answer, I concede defeat - clearly I missed the 1x3x3 square. Humble Pie can be delivered to the address I shall send in a pm!

Edited by Ingot54

Of course, if you really want to get picky here, you could say the 6 blue shapes indicate "squares" making it 21 squares in total.

I will not accept that the red circles indicate further squares - they have incomplete sides.

3-sided shapes are NOT squares.

In that case, though, we would need to add a further 19 bringing the total to 40.

I say we have 15 squares made from the lengths of the matches ... and a further 6 "squares (at a big stretch) made from the junctions of the matchstick ends. So the answer is 15 ... or 21 ... depending on how pedantic you are in addressing the definition of a square!

Squares..JPG.36521fbb25136d9777f9e521da103742.JPG

Ingot - dont you think there is a 3x3 square starting from the bottom LHS....

but its probably all part of some dastardly trick from Tams.....

or maybe a conspiracy from the Fed - shuffling around those matchsticks.

google how many squares are in this picture for more fun and games.

Ingot - dont you think there is a 3x3 square starting from the bottom LHS....

but its probably all part of some dastardly trick from Tams.....

or maybe a conspiracy from the Fed - shuffling around those matchsticks.

google how many squares are in this picture for more fun and games.

Our posts crossed mate - you are definitely correct. I am busy cleaning up egg from the eyebrows and ears.

EDIT: Took your advice - turned up this little site: http://www.facebook.com/sapien.Ltd

But hopefully Tams will put us out of our misery before we get into anything else!

Edited by Ingot54

Well, a square is a 4 sided polygon with 4 equal sides and 4 right angles. A polygon is a closed shape. Since all of the 16 square shapes are not closed, then there are no polygons in the image. Since there are no polygons, there are no squares.

Well, a square is a 4 sided polygon with 4 equal sides and 4 right angles. A polygon is a closed shape. Since all of the 16 square shapes are not closed, then there are no polygons in the image. Since there are no polygons, there are no squares.

There are no cubes ... only 2-dimensional figures, if you discount the thickness of the matchstick.

If the thickness of the matchstick is considered, then there are only cubes as circled in blue in my post above.

This is getting all too much.

Taaams ...

Bob ... you are still on my Christmas list ... barely :cool:

EDIT: Bob, I was saving this for December 25th, but I see it is time for an early gift.

Exercise 3 can be done with your hands in your pockets. For the rest of us, the conservative way will work too ...

http://www.naturalnews.com/035071_belly_fat_exercises_fitness.html

Edited by Ingot54