Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

BocaTrader

Tradestation Newbie Questions...

Hello all...

New to the forum and think it's great! World of useful info in here! just loaded up Tradestation 8.2... couple of newbie questions...

1) Is 8.1 more reliable or was I better to download the newest version?

2) Is there a test that will let me know if some of the data feeds are lagging?

3) I have noticed that my most recent TICK & TRIN chart data (1 minute chart) does not line up with my most recent price data (2 minute chart). If I place the workplace tracking pointer on the most recent tick or trin data, it lines up with the price data from 8 to 10 bars ago. Even if I use a 233 tick chart for price, the most recent tick & trin data lines up with price data from six bars ago. The times also are off... the most recent tick data is from 13:14 while the most recent price data is 13:33 (real time). Any suggestions? Looked through Tradestation forums and couldn't find anything initially... will be back in there tonight...

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

-Peter

Hello all...

New to the forum and think it's great! World of useful info in here! just loaded up Tradestation 8.2... couple of newbie questions...

1) Is 8.1 more reliable or was I better to download the newest version?

Ive been using TS for about a year now, and I love it. Very reliable and very good pricing. Ive been using 8.2 for a while now and I haven't had any problems with it. They roll out new versions slowly ( eg, people with acct #'s 1-100 are first, then say 1 or 2 weeks later 101-200, etc--this is just a crude example I'm really not sure how they decided who gets to the new version.) The point is that there are people before you who have had the platform and hopefully by the time it gets to you most of the bugs have been worked out. Eventually, you'll be forced to upgrade to stay compatible with their servers. So I would, and have, use the newest version.

Cant help you with the other questions since I dont use that stuff.

-t273

Hey Robert & t273...

Thanks for the help... after checking all of my feeds, connection, settings, etc... it turns out the NYSE didn't get my extra $1 for real time quotes so the "free" data was 15 minutes delayed... lucky for me, I lifted the sofa cushions and found enough for both the real time data and taco bell... Thanks!

Hi Bocatrader,

I am also a TS user. You'll really start loving it once you figure out all the functionality. I cant switch to any other platform. Plenty of good indicators for free in the custom indicator forum so make sure you check them out as well.

hey, soul. have you visited china, and access tradestation platfrom in here,

i am planning to stay there during summer, wondering if i still be able to trade.

thanks.

Never been to China Matdog. All you need is a computer and high speed internet connection to trade. Heck, if I had a yawt Ill trade from there.

Hi,

I'm using TS 8.1 and I like its overall and complete functionality. My question is this:I would like to load delayed Euronext data (European, in this case Dutch stocks) into Owndata which is using TS to plot the graphs.

Does anyone have a (cheap) suggestion how this is possible??

thank you in advance

best regards

Hans,

Holland