Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

dsalas

Mp Course

Do you trade using MP each day? I think you already have a great deal of information. To understand it you need to live it. Imo. Use it and review it with others. Twitter I'm sure has plenty of mp users sharing their ideas. Or start a thread here to chat about structure each day. $275 may sound cheap. But then that's the point isn't it?

Hi,

I also think you got a lot of information yet. If you want more you can go to Balancetrader*|*Swing & Day Trading Market Profile Education Course

this is a real cheap course and this guy had a daily chat. But since a few month he has an other project. So he isn´t in the chat during trading hours. But as he said he will keep on answering questions on his forum.

Lastly I saw a course from James Dalton | Market Profile Trading Education | DVD for Traders . Yes the guy form MoM and Markets in Profile. Field of Vision is his new one with interactive DVD´s for 750 bucks. I was also interested but didn´t want to spent that much.

Hope that was helpful

veAl

P.S.: There is also a free blog with pre market updates out there: James Dalton Trading | Market Recap and Updates | Free for Traders

Okay this is for those interested in MP or Auction Market Theory

What I have found over time is that the principles of Auction Market Theory or Market Profile are valid. They reflect basic human nature (the wish to find or obtain value when buying or selling a product in the open market). Unfortunately after you learn the basics you still have to fashion a systematic approach from those principles.

The most obvious basic principle is buying and selling at or near "value" as established on any time frame.

Not so obvious is the transaction that can occur at the IB (Intial Balance) or the transactions that can occur at beginning and end of any traditional time periods

What you may want to think about is 1. Are other traders watching these price areas (I call them "Key Reference Areas" and if so, 2.) can they be traded using only this data, or should you be integrating these data points with other tools so that you can make good decisions AT THESE PRICE POINTS.

and of course once you get into the subject a bit and have observed how price acts, some may notice that there are times when price is located at a significant distance from value (due to overnight news or the release of an economic report for example)...what do you do then?

What I have done within my system is to integrate MP with "Supply/Demand Analysis" and with other tools such as my "Time-Based Pivots".....I use the confluence of these elements to signal possible buys or sells, and I confirm my decision by "reading the tape" (reading the time & sales strip)...Ultimately your trade will only work is you are on the side that has volume behind it. so be advised that (in my opinion) just using Market Profile on its own will be a difficult road to go down....

Best Regards

Steve