Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

thc

Tradethenews Versus Ransquawk

i looked into these services, if you're a news oriented trader, trade the news is very good. but the process to trial is ridiculous with the linkedin requirement and all. ransquawk offers an easy to setup trial - free 2 min delayed service to all their feeds. and it costs about £250 a month for ransquawk if you go after the gold package which is everything. not sure on pricing for individual feeds. you also get access to a lot of fundamental research with ransquawk.

-mslk

Anyone have experience with either of these audio news services, particularly for trading the ES?

ES is too technical to use news as a trading tool.

you need to keep tab of the news, but not in real time.

Agree that the linkedin thing with tradethenews is odd. I am trialling the retail version of ransquawk for now. But if anyone thinks trade the news is better I would like to know...

Ok I'm bumping this topic.

Today was a perfect example of why I see value in these services. The RS guy was on ahead of the bell with the Trichet comments about vigilance with the Euro and the reaction in oil and the Euro made it clear to me that this would be a risk on day for the dollar carry.

He didn't spend the entire morning reading out irrelevant headlines. In fact he only spent a few moments on the Trichet comments. All you really needed to know was that Trichet said "vigilance" and the dollar carry took off.

Is anybody else using either Tradethenews or Ransquawk? Which is better?

Hmm, well I'd agree with the point about not trading off the news personally(unless you have a reuters or bloomy term and know what you're looking for). Personally, I think the FREE 2min delayed version of RAN is just fine. Up to you though.