Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

jokerjoe

Steidlmayer's Volume Strip

Saw this in the latest CME group newsletter

http://www.cmegroup.com/education/events/2011-06-22-steidlmayers-volume-strip-a-new-method-to-trade.html

Join J. Peter Steidlmayer as he presents a 90 minute overview of his recently developed Volume Strip trading method.

The seminar will cover:

Updates to the Market Profile™ analysis method.

Explanation of how electronic order flow controls market direction in contrast to pit traded order flow.

Analyzing volume compared to price.

Sounds interesting, if anyone's in Chicago check it out and let us know what it's all about.

I noticed that CME has posted a video of the 22 JUN 2011 presentation here: Steidlmayer Volume Strips: J. Peter Steidlmayer

Unfortunately, the video makes several references to a handout that CME is not also making available. Does anybody have a copy?

I have spent many hours listening to Pete Steidlmayer, and while he is always interesting to listen to, he is very hard to follow. This 94 minute video is like trying to take a little ol' sip from a fire hydrant.

[rwk]

I noticed that CME has posted a video of the 22 JUN 2011 presentation here: Steidlmayer Volume Strips: J. Peter Steidlmayer

Unfortunately, the video makes several references to a handout that CME is not also making available. Does anybody have a copy?

I have spent many hours listening to Pete Steidlmayer, and while he is always interesting to listen to, he is very hard to follow. This 94 minute video is like trying to take a little ol' sip from a fire hydrant.

[rwk]

I would love a copy if you find one. Thanks

Amazing, clear as mud! lol...

Def need to see the handout. He also mentions various websites but can't find any more information. This being a commercial product I suppose it's only a matter of time before it comes out.

I just talked with Steve Hawkins at Steidlmayer Software about this. He says that they don't have anything yet. The presentation handout doesn't reproduce well, and Steve is working on a re-do or something. Hopefully he will have something in a week or so.

I also talked with Brian Murphy at Cunningham Trading Systems, and he confirms that Volume Strips has been implemented via the T4 API, but he said they don't have anything about how to use it.

I'll post if I find out anything more. It sounds like this stuff is really new.

[rwk]