Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

maguiredan

What's Your Experience with 'renting' Strategies

Thank you. Those strategies look worth trying.

In return, I can mention that I've been trading a strategy called Futures Trader Daily on Collective2. I can confirm that the stats mentioned for that algorithm on the C2 site are accurate. It is pretty good.

what do you mean by "pretty good"?

are you associated with the the product?

I have just found this website Live Trading Zone | Live Futures and Commodity Trading, it seems very interesting. Now checking their reputation on the web.

I tried the site out for about 70 trading days and took huge losses. I then found out that the trading record is not accurate by comparing my losses with what they were recording. I would recommend staying away from this site.

I tried the site out for about 70 trading days and took huge losses. I then found out that the trading record is not accurate by comparing my losses with what they were recording. I would recommend staying away from this site.

SuperEA, I have tried hopelessly to warn you against starting our program after a streak of winners then stopping after a few losers and starting again after it goes on a winning streak again then stopping when you experience some losses. I have repeatedly stated that you need to stick with the program, whatever program you choose to go with, ours or others, through all the winners as well as all the losers.

Panic trading will only cause you to endure losers. Your nonconsecutive "70 days" of starting and stopping our program has only gotten you into losers. You never even really came close to the max peak-to-valley drawdown that I disclosed to you at the beginning of each time you started the program with us. You did experience a small streak of winners during your second go around, but you quickly halted the program again once you began experiencing some losses after you doubled the number of contracts. Our trading record is also extremely accurate with the exception of a few lucky/unlucky high/low ticks each month that each individual might encounter that the program did not record (ask any member, we are the most honest vendor on the internet). However the case, each account will average out at the end of each month assuming you let it run without interruptions. Any slippage will be minimal and will also average out. You were also in double the program thus giving you losses that were larger than the records.

Remember, there are no existing programs that will never go through drawdown periods and always be winners...they simply don't exist in the real world. All you can do is try to withstand the drawdowns and wait for the winners. Good luck in your future trading.

The second one searches only for patterns and the resulting strategies don't have any optimizable parameters.

This is a nonsense statement.

All strategies have optimisable parameters. Just because something doesn't include, say, a moving average with a variable lookback does not mean that it is not optimisable.

All patterns are patterns in price data, and you will always be focussing on some data and ignoring other data. Price patterns such as "if today is an up day and yesterday is an up day then sell short tomorrow at today's low" is a heavily optimised pattern. Why use the past two days and not the past twenty? Why sell at today's low and not at today's close? Or the close eight days ago? Or the high eight days ago?

All price data patterns contain optimisable parameters.

SuperEA, thank you for sharing your experience. I am pleased to join you in WARNING EVERYONE ABOUT LiveTradingZone. I am willing to stand and say this based upon my own personal observations.

I recommend everyone AVOID LIVE TRADING ZONE.

Onesmith

I have just found this website Live Trading Zone | Live Futures and Commodity Trading, it seems very interesting. Now checking their reputation on the web.

Thank you. Those strategies look worth trying.

In return, I can mention that I've been trading a strategy called Futures Trader Daily on Collective2. I can confirm that the stats mentioned for that algorithm on the C2 site are accurate. It is pretty good.

I have spent a lot of time poking through C2's site and archives. My opinion is there are

a handful of systems worth subscribing too.Most are just plain garbage. The key here is

to diversify and not put all your eggs in one basket.