Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

sharehunter

Which is the Best Software for Point&Figure Chart

In P&F chart, For each price level, we should choose a suitable box size for it. Now I use metastock to read P&F chart but metastock only permit me choose only one type of box size for all price level. For example: if I choose box size is 2, all price level in P&F use box size 2, no matter the price level is 12000 or 12.

I am looking for a software which I can choose box size for each price level (excellent if It can set standard box size for each price level), Please kind tell existing the software like this or not. If it is existing please kindly tell me its name or share it with me.

Many many thanks for you help!

this is what's available in MultiCharts:

attachment.php?attachmentid=24700&stc=1&d=1306082903

The resolution can be tick, second, minute, hours, etc.,

the input can be close or H/L range.

5aa7107b33a94_MultiChartsPnF.jpg.8ea3516a091a6762c554d031dfe56c9d.jpg

Thanks Tams!

but multichart may only choose box size for all level price. I dont know how to draw chart if there is two price level which suitable for two kind of box size.

don't understand what you mean.

can you post a chart sample with notes explaining your vision?

Are you looking at very long range charts? I wonder why you would want different box sizes for each level?

I wonder what happens if you select a logarithmic scale with a fixed box size? Maybe that will help?

sorry, may i explain in defficult way. let me take an example as bellow:

I want to make a chart: Price raise from 8 to 35.

we know that the box size for price level for this chart as bellow:

8-14: box size is 0.2

14-29: box size is 0.5

29-35: box size is 1

so how i make this chart in software

Didn't you get an answer on the other thread? Bulls-eye broker seems to be the package of choice for 'serious' P&Fers from what I have heard.

Yes, PFtrader guide me to use Bull's-Eye Broker. i am trying to explore it.

Hi Sharehunter,

Updata TraderPro would be your best bet. I don't think there's any software out there which is as powerful when it comes to P&F charting (afterall, one of the developers is Jeremy du Plessis who is highly renowned in the P&F charting community). You have an option for varied or fixed box sizes among many other things. Please let me know if you'd like to try this software and I can get a free trial sent out to you (could also show you how to do this online once you install TraderPro). Feel free to PM me your email.

Best regards,

Chartist Lion

In P&F chart, For each price level, we should choose a suitable box size for it. Now I use metastock to read P&F chart but metastock only permit me choose only one type of box size for all price level. For example: if I choose box size is 2, all price level in P&F use box size 2, no matter the price level is 12000 or 12.

I am looking for a software which I can choose box size for each price level (excellent if It can set standard box size for each price level), Please kind tell existing the software like this or not. If it is existing please kindly tell me its name or share it with me.

Many many thanks for you help!