Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

I would try to cut it here if I was on it at a -2. So even if it does go in my direction and I say SEE SEE THERE IT GOES just know that I wouldn't be on it.

I am posting this now before the feeling of not beeing in it sets in

Yea I posted what I thought of his software in his thread. I think its a poor rip off of the stuff I use. I don't think he is doing a good job reading it either.

HOWEVER just because I don't think he isn't good at it and maybe selling a poorer ripped off version of what i use doesn't mean he isn't on to something and that what he is attempting doesn't work.

In all fairness I watched only 5-10 minutes of his video and looked at the pics up to my post.

Got it....we disagree a little bit....what I think matters is consistency....if you have an approach that uses a software it has to be reliable. If it "doesn't" work often enough it becomes psychogically difficult to bet money on it...my opinion...

With respect to this market I use a different approach...for me there's only two conditions, trend and range...if it trends I want to buy or sell the first pullback or retrace, and when it ranges I want to identify the range extremes and buy and sell them...it doesn't get simpler than that...

What most folks here don't seem to get is how to identify the range.....its not that hard...most of the time the range boundary is defined by the first high and low after price levels out...on the attached charts the first (left most) arrows show the boundaries...you put in your volatility lines to guide you and you pick a limit line above and below (I choose the next higher/lower candle body most of the time...then you buy and sell the extremes until they make you pay...

It works for me..charts show both of the markets I trade. You usually get at least one or two good trades out of a range bound market.

5aa7118edc29e_ESrange.thumb.PNG.76f1e824271d5fe500336beb42e85387.PNG

range.thumb.PNG.cd70df51201c41ca4c47558bf1facc2d.PNG

you aren't doing anything really that much different in principle. The main difference is the time frame and I watch when it gets to my level I look to see what kind of activity goes on there instead of just throwing it on. Ill post some pics so you can see the patterns

This is yours

2012-12-14_1227 - Colonel.B's library

I am not sure on the time frame

Here is mine it charts rotations so its over an hour but you can see the time at the bottom.

It looks like to me that it appears to be the same principle.

2012-12-14_1229 - Colonel.B's library

I don't have green arrows so the red arrows on the bottom could be buys but I wait till the head fake down because I find that these can can fill any size and pay the best IMO.

The main thing that order flow adds is that I watch for buyers at the top and sellers at the bottoms. I had the long call on this last trade but the trigger was the sellers. Its working now ( see above post for what I mean) . but here is the follow up pic of the after math.

you can see the 7136 at the bottom and the 352 coming in at the bottom chart. It held the 3 tick stop out. But again I WAS NOT ON IT AND I WOULD OF EXITED AT -2. But yes its working :haha:

2012-12-14_1243 - Colonel.B's library

stops are going to come off now and we will get a pop

Looks like the market has made a fool out of some guru here today...

correction, looks like the guru has made a fool out of himself today.

correction correction, the guru has always been a fool, he merely displayed it to the public in full view today.

Looks like the market has made a fool out of some guru here today...

correction, looks like the guru has made a fool out of himself today.

correction correction, the guru has always been a fool, he merely displayed it to the public in full view today.

Who me Mr President? Fool??? With all due respect I guess you missed my earlier posts. Everything I posted in detail with pics and descriptions ahead of time. Way better then the dice guy. AND when anything went off -3 ticks down from the entry I posted. And if anyone was using a market order stop loss it would of been a lose. But hey if you can do better then by all means do better. ;)

CB I've had enough of you.. You're on ignore now too. For the record, I had of the top 2 ranked futures systems at C2 for about 2 years.. So that's more then any no name posters here have. I also made my subscribers thousands in real documented trades. I closed systems and trade my own account now. All of these trades are documented and recorded and hidden for my benefit.

As for my software, I reviewed the existing programs that do this sort of stuff and I didn't like them. They didn't do what I needed. I developed a far better program for the trading that I do. If anyone is interested in how my tape reading software compares to the other stuff out there then I highly encourage them to read my entire thread. When my software becomes available then feel free to try it and compare it to the other software that is being mention here.. I personally wouldn't even use some of the "competitors' mentioned if they were free.

Also, don't assume that you can know for sure how I'm doing based on my reports here. I had the last round I posted here 10 wining days in a row and traders thought I was losing here.

Just my 2cents

This is a video for someone that asked me to record my thoughts on a live market to help them understand what to look for in the order flow.

The first 15 minutes is commentary and worth listening to for those new to order flow. At 15:00-16:00, it becomes clear the market has reversed and we start looking for a pullback. At 20:30 the market does turn down and we get in long on that pullback when the order flow confirms at around 22:45.

I cut the video after 4 contracts were taken off because it was churning around and there was no benefit in recording that. I got stopped out at B/E on the rest when it came back after it was announced that the Dems & Republicans were no longer going to play nicely together on the issue of the Fiscal Cliff. :crap:

Best to watch full screen in HD

DT, good to see you on this site. I posted this chart this morning at BMT and interestingly enough it is a very similar trade to what you took. It's not cool video (and not the cool accept that you have) like you have but it is annotated and shows another approach to the same basic sequence. I'll post it here because of the similarities.

longthismorning.thumb.png.4f070e25b9031ee3c9f4ba7d229d204e.png

Looks good Josh - on that buy of 37.75 - were you looking at that area already or was it just a pure order flow trade?

In terms of your footprint,what is that? Is it GOMI or Rancho? Either way, it looks very nice the way you have it set up. Have you tried range charts - like a 4 or 5 range? I think that offers an interesting perspective....

Looks good Josh - on that buy of 37.75 - were you looking at that area already or was it just a pure order flow trade?

I had 37.50-38.00 shaded already--as you can see on the left of the chart I took a 5 tick loss just above this area. I was looking to either be flat or buy around this area but I was just a bit early. Maybe a little impatient, but mostly just early. The real question as I review today is, should I have had a bit more short bias than I did? Market opens just above the high of a strong trend day prior, and sells pretty strongly back into range and balance. Later I actually sold 41.50 just before the afternoon drift downwards, but covered for about a point because I was not so sure of the short side. When in fact, the market had balanced on the low end all day to that point, and even as it went down afterward I was still more bullish than I ought to have been.

In terms of your footprint,what is that? Is it GOMI or Rancho? Either way, it looks very nice the way you have it set up. Have you tried range charts - like a 4 or 5 range? I think that offers an interesting perspective....

It is Sierra Chart, a very very nice trading and charting platform. Today in fact I put a 5 range up, and a 20K volume, to see how I liked it. My primary charts are volume-based but for some reason when reading bar-by-bar like the chart I posted, I like to see time bars, as I can gauge volume and delta per time more easily than on a range chart. But, I will probably be experimenting with it some more and nothing's fixed in stone.

This is a video for someone that asked me to record my thoughts on a live market to help them understand what to look for in the order flow.

The first 15 minutes is commentary and worth listening to for those new to order flow. At 15:00-16:00, it becomes clear the market has reversed and we start looking for a pullback. At 20:30 the market does turn down and we get in long on that pullback when the order flow confirms at around 22:45.

I cut the video after 4 contracts were taken off because it was churning around and there was no benefit in recording that. I got stopped out at B/E on the rest when it came back after it was announced that the Dems & Republicans were no longer going to play nicely together on the issue of the Fiscal Cliff. :crap:

Best to watch full screen in HD

Thanks for the video... a lot to learn here... still trying to digest your narration. Do you have any suggestion on a good place to start learning these?