Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

At this point, I am thinking if we manage to go green on day then that will trigger a lot of buy bots. We're now within reach of that.. must step back and evaluate. Action been extremely fast so far.

Exited remaining positions off the 95... on negative order flow. I will attempt a re-entry long side. Re-bid at the 92.50.

That's the session gap closed now. Bear in mind if we do take 97.50 out, there could well be some stops aka liquidation of overnight positions. Not definitely, but be aware. I wouldn't automatically be sitting with my sell limit at 1399.75 put it that way.

Order flow has been mostly one sided and to the sell side since the 95 but no fill yet. Market continues to weaken makes me wonder if 92.50 will be good by the time it gets there..

Edited by Predictor

I am looking at this thinking what could happen.

1. We fail to hold the 3-day balance = not very good and move lower possibly down to that 77.75 level becomes more probable.

2. We build in the balance = overnight and early rth shorts are stuck. Take out 1397.50,98.25& 1400.25 and look to that SOC at 1405.00 then balance highs etc.

3. We do nothing. Fill the gap, literally.= LAME

On the auction: if the market really is strong and bullish about news today, prior VPOC shouldn't be rejected. i.e. the test of 1400.25 is crucial. It could still reverse from there initially, but if I was a bull I would not like to see a quick rejection of that price area.

On the auction: if the market really is strong and bullish about news today, prior VPOC shouldn't be rejected. i.e. the test of 1400.25 is crucial. It could still reverse from there initially, but if I was a bull I would not like to see a quick rejection of that price area.

If that were followed by the market falling back out of the prior 3-day balance, I believe there would be some toasted longs.

I'm not saying I believe this is what will happen, just thinking about what might be the consequences if it does happen.

Perhaps the market will actually test the 00, but a rejection of 99.50 which has already printed would suffice as a test in my book. Tricky area up here and must be cautious. A failure to hold 93 would set up a key test at 89s. This failing, would make 78 much more likely. Lots of scenarios here but my primary points of reference are still 00 and 78.

If the lid is blown off and 00s do not hold, I am doubtful that 06s can provide the supply and 28 is next to the upside on my chart. 15-20 was a key low volume area, which may be swiftly rejected, but otherwise, 28-30 should print.

I'm DFD (done for day). Somewhat an unusual day pattern imho... I *might* be tempted to rebuy a 90 retest but a lot of uncertainty and news driven today.

Edited by Predictor

Nice work if you can get it.... now that's much nicer.. Just got filled off the 1404.25. -- I don't trade on news. I only use it for reports. Not many futures traders trade on news but rather global economic conditions.

Colonel B

Trade the news constantly...this is a news driven market so if you fail to take notice, you will eventually take a whipping.

I use Bloomberg, however as you mention it is expensive...one alternative is to use the free resource available on the web...a bit slower but still effective. I also have a televised news feed on at all times (Bloomberg again because in my opinion MSNBC is useless).

Prior to the markets I call friends in the industry to gather enough data for a pre-market "call"

and once the bell sounds I try to "get a look" at the NYSE floor conditions (again consulting with old colleagues)...

Generally speaking I try to have a plan based on experience (seasonal tendencies) as well as local knowledge that I gather prior to the open. Once the open happens its all me...and I am either right or wrong...(you can see that pretty quickly if you are observant)...

When I am wrong, it costs me a few bucks and I try to get myself turned around (or I step aside), when I am right I try to build a position. Its about that simple.