Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

ftt - failure to traverse.

fp3 - failure to point 3.

ftr - failure to resume.

Thank you!

Is "point 3" based on your own terminology/proprietary strategy or does it refer to a publicly available method? I haven't heard about it yet.

PS: Sorry, that I ask so many questions... :)

So yesterday was indeed an "outlier" but from an auction perspective it was no different. It balanced a little, broke down, found buyers and eventually looked back up a bit. I wasn't expecting the break to be as it turned out to be but hey, what can you do? My philosphy is that you make a hell of a lot more by taking lots of smaller profitable trades than by hitting the odd jackpot! Not everyone's cup of tea, I know.

Either way it looked to me like liquidation and this certainly would tie in with the sluggish nature on its highs. These breaks need to happen from time to time in order to clean the weak hands out and attract new longer term buying. Not that I'm saying it'll rally or not sell off. It could dump again. Who knows. But overnight is a clue that it at least wants to explore back up with the high currently at 1369.50 and sitting at 66.75. If it opens here, it'd be above that 63 area I mentioned yesterday when talking of the chances of 47 before close and in the singles from the most agressive part of yesterday's move down.

Looking at the longer term profile I will be interested in what happens if we can get to 1370.75 and then 73.25-75.25.

Here's the chart:-

attachment.php?attachmentid=28434&stc=1&d=1334150149

2012-04-11.thumb.jpg.27eb06955caa3ca066572211b0aa9261.jpg

Wednesday Morning: Today looks initially like it will be a mixed bag... "possibly" will bang heads on both sides.. Personally I will potentially wait for the Ib to come in and then wait to see what develops..after a day like yesterday the market might need a vacation...Today? Potential Normal or Neutral??? :confused:

I am going to trade 2/3 of package in anticipation of short targets and rotations...of course I am clueless but that is my initial thinking until things develop.. :2c:

Good Trading everyone..

BTW: N. Agree. 73.25 - 73.50 is an interesting number for a test...

Currently I have all Green across the instrument pannel - not sure if ot matters.. :confused:

Edited by roztom

Cash has closed down for 5 straight days -- this has not happened since before Thanksgiving last year. That should give you an idea of how strong this market has been.. :) Earlier this year, after 3 down closes, the market responded bullishly. Will be interesting to see if this is reasonable enough of a pullback to attract more buyers.

bought 66.75 .. one thing's for sure, activity high...

plan was to scale one near ON high but could not get it filled fast enough. So, will hold one now for 71.50 or perhaps ON high again if it looks weak up there

Long 67.75.. Not crazy about it...short leash...

Edit: T1 69.50, T2 72.50... no scale yet GRRR.

My risk on this is current LOD: 66.25 coin toss - always is... :doh:

UPdate: Out.. -1.50 per... :crap:

Edited by roztom

plan was to scale one near ON high but could not get it filled fast enough. So, will hold one now for 71.50 or perhaps ON high again if it looks weak up there

Bailed at 66, but back in at 65.75 ...

out flat for a scratch ... F this market so far, is all I gotta say .. ;)

Agree... feel like I'm in a Cuisinart... not going to stay in short much longer.. gyroscope spinning around...

Well I didn't post this before because it's just one of those that you need to watch. Given the vicinity to the 70.75 I am watching for, the occurence of this "setup" meant I had it on a "tight leash". So my stop was activity based and so any move higher would've got me out. There's always the chance to re-enter. The reason I am posting this now is because I used my discretion to take the position out ahead of the 65's. My initial entry location wasn't as I'd hoped and the move into the singles from yesterday(63.25-67.25) wasn't as I'd hoped it would be. But it's better than a kick in the head(even if the open is holding)!

attachment.php?attachmentid=28435&stc=1&d=1334153416

2012-04-11_2.thumb.jpg.8674cccfefaed8599301daed773a3e58.jpg

Agree... feel like I'm in a Cuisinart... not going to stay in short much longer.. gyroscope spinning around...

I reversed to long just now at 67.50. I think I should still be long from 65.75, and that this short was not a wise move. Why else would we trade back up into balance after trading below? So, I'm long, and if I get shaken out, this will be the most whipped around I've been in a while.

I reversed to long just now at 67.50. I think I should still be long from 65.75, and that this short was not a wise move. Why else would we trade back up into balance after trading below? So, I'm long, and if I get shaken out, this will be the most whipped around I've been in a while.

I am flat... enough until IB is in for me...

"Chances are the way to play this "might" have been to try to get the long for the initial targets /i posted earlier up to CLVN 73.25 and then look to reverse up there..this is kind of no-mans land here. I do think the long against the 50% ret of yest range was the play.. ACH.. :2c:

I reversed to long just now at 67.50

I will give it one tick to work, but my upper targets are 71.50, just below Friday's low after NFP, and 73.00, top of a balance from yesterday.

Looking at the chart I just posted, it looks to me like the VA/VPOC lines on the profile are messed up again. Anyone else getting this?

N: Mine look ok..but I still have the memory problem with IRT...

BTW: Just FYI for everyone... I had a driver update for my video/displays... I downloaded it and all hell broke loose.. Monitors wouldn't stay on eventhough they were enabled... I could get them on but on a restart they wouldn't startup... kind of a problem with a multi-screen setup... Fortunately I do a weekly auto backup so I could restore to a previous week and saved the day... Dem Bums....:angry:

Normally I would not look to buy ahead of this break into new territory, normally I'd be looking to short based on this profile, but I think the action calls for a different course.

That being said, she sure is struggling to get up at the moment...

5aa710ea22fa5_4-11-201210-31-17AM.png.48598686104a9b72b1e3a34d095b9fc0.png

I'm out of my long here, and probably just at the wrong time, but I gave it plenty of time and room to work, and I'll just have to get back in if it's still a good long. I know it's vwap and 50%, but I'm not going to let a +3 pointer turn into a loser.

Very often when I scale too early I think "I should have held longer," but I often scale for a reason, and should have done so here at 70... I'd still be long and have banked +3.