Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

zdo

FX - EuroTrash

Come on italian peeps! do it! 

... These days, I’d just as soon trade the ITA Lira as I would Swiss CHF

... of course, would continue trading the EUR DM. :eek::eek:

On 6/2/2011 at 3:08 AM, rforexdad said:

Today the ADP report for Jobs showed very low growth rate in USA

also manufacturing was reported to be low

does the USA jobs news have any co-relation with the GBP/USD and EUR/USD ?

any explanations ?

US New Home Sales:
Thursday, 14:00. While offers of new homes shape just a minor piece of the aggregate market, each arrangement makes a more extensive cluster of monetary action and is very much corresponded with the more extensive economy. The annualized level of offers remained at 631K in June. A comparative number is on the cards now: 651K.

US Durable Goods Orders:
Friday, 12:30. This essential financial marker gives data to the Fed about speculation and long-haul moves in the economy. Feature orders ascended by just 0.8% in June as indicated by the last read. Center requests ticked up by 0.2%. We will now get the underlying evaluation for July, the main month of Q3. The considers additionally feed along with GDP. Feature orders are relied upon to drop by 0.3% while center requests convey desires for +0.5%.

I hope that this will help you out.

On 8/23/2018 at 8:09 AM, mmfsolutionsforex said:

[in reply to (brackets mine)]

Today the ADP report for Jobs showed very low growth rate in USA

also manufacturing was reported to be low

does the USA jobs news have any co-relation with the GBP/USD and EUR/USD ?

any explanations ?

[mmfsolutionsforex said]

US New Home Sales:
Thursday, 14:00. While offers of new homes shape just a minor piece of the aggregate market, each arrangement makes a more extensive cluster of monetary action and is very much corresponded with the more extensive economy. The annualized level of offers remained at 631K in June. A comparative number is on the cards now: 651K.

US Durable Goods Orders:
Friday, 12:30. This essential financial marker gives data to the Fed about speculation and long-haul moves in the economy. Feature orders ascended by just 0.8% in June as indicated by the last read. Center requests ticked up by 0.2%. We will now get the underlying evaluation for July, the main month of Q3. The considers additionally feed along with GDP. Feature orders are relied upon to drop by 0.3% while center requests convey desires for +0.5%.

I hope that this will help you out.

...Finally! Seven fkn years later (ie 2645 freakin’ days), SharetoLose gets around to posting some fake numbers and narratives to edify  rforexdad... Unfortunately it's not on topic.. and certainly no  “co-relation with the GBP/USD and EUR/USD” was explained  ... I dope but doubt that this will help him or her out now ...

let’s spin the question ...
is the EUR pegged to the USD?

you're not a pessimist.

now here is a  pessimist

If Germany descends into internal turmoil without a coherent government to push the Italys and Hungarys around, European populists/nationalists will fill the resulting vacuum. Borders will be re-imposed within and without the EU, national government budgets – already above EU deficit limits in many cases – will explode. Already-debilitating debts will keep rising, and the ECB will be forced to bail out Italy for sure and probably several other member states after that.

Since an ECB bailout of the Italian banking system means, in effect, moving Italy’s debt onto Germany’s balance sheet, the world’s one remaining rock-solid credit will join the ranks of politically unstable, increasingly indebted countries that may or may not be able to avoid financial collapse.

The end-game? A euro devaluation will be imposed by the global currency markets or announced preemptively on some future Sunday night by Merkel’s successor (assuming there is one).

The descent of the world’s second most important currency from reserve asset to modern day Italian lira will raise a lot of questions, including:

·         Should we all buy the US dollar because it’s the only sound currency left?

·         Should we dump dollars because the US is really not that different from Europe in terms of financial mismanagement and political incoherence?

·         Should we dispense with the whole fiat currency thing and go back to sound money that requires politicians and central bankers to live within their means?

·         Should we dispense with the whole “constitutional democracy” thing and hand over control to a leader who’s strong enough to put things right?

These four options seem about equally plausible at the moment. But the worlds they’ll create couldn’t be more different.

https://www.dollarcollapse.com/germanys-merkel-chaos/

Somebody needs to post something mean about zdo resurrecting such an old dead thread :stick out tongue:

btw, my third best automation contract this last month was ECZ18...  was surprising in that several other instruments on automation had much more intraday travel this month (except of course for nq and ym - the 'winners' ) than the EC ... turns out that travel factor was overcome by strings of nice clean signals almost all month long

System runs all day and all night

Setups on 40 minute bars, triggers on 220 tick bars...

the instrument is relatively thin but it is amenable to dynamic sizing

repost...

Anyone have an assessment of the outcomes for the EU and GB of a hard/no 'deal' exit ?  .  For example, I'm having trouble understanding how all important trade would necessarily just suddenly stop, etc... thx

On 10/31/2018 at 12:31 PM, zdo said:

repost...

Anyone have an assessment of the outcomes for the EU and GB of a hard/no 'deal' exit ?  .  For example, I'm having trouble understanding how all important trade would necessarily just suddenly stop, etc... thx

I’m the only one asking these questions?  No...  and I’m not the only one thinking if it took Czechoslovakia six freakin months to separate, why is GB ‘separating’ from the EU slated to take up to 6 freakin years?  Even better time comparisons could be drawn for breaking up the whole dam soviet empire.  So which one, GB or EU, is providing the snags and drag?