Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

MadMarketScientist

100k Registered Users of TL!

Hi,

I just wanted to announce we've reached a major milestone in TL's history ... 100,000 Registered users!

Congratulations to user "kalaycleDauff " for being #100,000.

And thanks to all members for making TL a thriving community of active traders.

MMS

I issue a challenge for all 100,000+ to make a post to this thread. :rofl: Hopefully all within the next day or two. What's the Guinness World Record for the number of posts to a single thread by different individual users? Everyone sign on, and let's see if we can crash the site! Or get a record for the number of users signed in at one time.

Congrats! all ... Tams nailed it - a great and very special forum - no peers!

Attached is a celebration gift for all members - Napoleon Hill's "Think and Grow Rich"

Hope it's not too heavy on bandwidth.

do I have to think?

it has never been my strength.

No question Traders Lab is by far the best forum out there. Serious talk from serious traders and not all the fluff and promo posts you see elsewhere. Sure we all disagree but if I'm going to argue with anyone about trading or strategy there is no peer but here.

Congrats on the 100K+!

Not to take away from the celebration, but I'd be curious to know how many of those members are active members...let's say members who have signed on within the past year...or maybe even the past 3 months...

EDIT: or who contribute/post...

Edited by Cory2679

Not to take away from the celebration, but I'd be curious to know how many of those members are active members...let's say members who have signed on within the past year...or maybe even the past 3 months...

EDIT: or who contribute/post...

I looked it up ... 55k and 35k respectively ... plus lots of readers. New users are a bit intimidated to post because of quality of the highly technical discussions. any suggestions to encourage more posting?

MMS

I looked it up ... 55k and 35k respectively ... plus lots of readers. New users are a bit intimidated to post because of quality of the highly technical discussions. any suggestions to encourage more posting?

MMS

Well colour me argumentative but I think it's the reverse. (Im going to get a reputation for being argumentative if I am not careful). It's the detailed, in depth, 'technical' discussions that draw posters out of the woodwork. If you look at things like the VSA threads, some of the Whyckoff ones, Jerry Perls market stats, Walters threads on his ongoing research, the FX threads like 'busy day tomorrow', Spyders (I guess that as I don't visit often), These have all encouraged new posters, but more importantly posters that continue to contribute. I'd argue that it is these threads that generate search hits that drive traffic here in the first place.

I think the reason is obvious. These threads have meat on the bones, they attract lurkers. They offer detailed approaches to the market, they offer genuine novel research, they offer specific applicable knowledge. The lurkers become engaged and ask questions or for clarification and before long they are in a dialogue.

I have started very few threads though I like to think (maybe erroneously) that I have made a decent contribution to others. The reason is I personally think it is a 'responsibility' that requires a fair bit of dedication to maintain a worthwhile thread. It requires work. The 'real time' thread is a good example, Cory and the guys are doing a fantastic job keeping going but it does not have the zest that it had in the beginning when Thales was actively maintaining it. I know I have said it before but throwing out the odd platitude for discussion really has very little value (imho) it's great threads are required.