Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

[Tape Reading Video: Big Guys vs Little Guys]

Reminiscenses of a Stock Operator ISBN 0-89966-605-1

page 97 line five, makes reference to "token"

this stuff has been around a long time!

Excellent reference wsam! Now I have to look up the book and see what it says. What is your understanding of the token from the book or in your own words, if you don't mind me asking. Thanks for the lead.

My idea of a "token", correct me if I am wrong for you more experianced tape readers, but small prints above or below the bracket range.

I've initiated some of those in my earlier years so I know what those suckers are thinking about when the market turns on them really fast.

Nice Video:

Unfortunatelly, since October 2009, all the big trades that you see in the tape are unbundled, which means that if a big trader hits market buy of 50 contracts, you don´t see those 50 contracts on the tape but all the sellers orders that those 50 contract order filled

In the price action room of Joel Parker, you can find honest and complete information on how to read the tape, plus a tape indicator that shows the bundled trades again, helping you see who is in control.

Hope you find it usefull.

... since October 2009, all the big trades that you see in the tape are unbundled, which means that if a big trader hits market buy of 50 contracts, you don´t see those 50 contracts on the tape but all the sellers orders that those 50 contract order filled

Right.

In other words before the change CME sent data with less precision than it does now.

No problem to go back to that less detailled data by means of software.