Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

tradergurl

Yoga - Relax, Refocus and Make More Money!

I've gone a few times here and there over the years but am always busy and stop going before I get into a routine... Practicing yoga is so calming and releases tension yet leaves you energized with more focus and patience which is so important to us traders! Sitting at the computer all day gives me a sore neck and frequent headaches so yoga will be beneficial for the mind and body.

I've read that there are quite a few big money management companies who have incorporated yoga classes for their traders.

I'm going to start going regularly a couple times a week and go for walks to get some fresh air too. Actually, I think I should make a goal to go regularly for 1 month so I can see the results.

Anyone do yoga regularly?

What do you mean by doing yoga though? Like exercise in general, I am pretty sure there are lots of different exercises which are designed to achieve certain desired effects. Some of these have got to be more useful for trading. Or do you think it's more about balancing the individual?

tradergurl re: "Anyone do yoga regularly?"

Bikram Yoga once or twice a week

Prasara Yoga once or twice a week

Indispensible to health and performance - period.

btw, those two forms are among the most physically demanding yogas...

ie if you settle for less ( like for some tame little 'western' yoga class) ,

then less is about all you can expect...

TN, See Yoga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

etc etc

btw, (and evidenced in that article to some degree) the ‘west’ has so bought into the ‘nameste’ / peace and light images of yoga that the ‘fighting’ part is rarely mentioned. Any of the yoga’s, (whether it be the hatha yogas for a more secular day to day flow or the highest spiritual yoga’s) when properly practiced, involve bringing the just right for the moment balance of extertion and surrender. hth

I am not sure if hatha yoga or the autotrading platform of Zulutrade keeps me calm. :roll eyes: This platform's Signal Providers have saved me from a lot of stress which I had trying to deciding about the right trade. Now they do the hard work and I can have time for my yoga.

Zdo, when do you do practice your yoga? Whenever you can fit it in or do you find it more beneficial to do it consistently in the am or pm?

I've been so busy that I haven't started yet but next week is the week!!!

Zdo, when do you do practice your yoga? Whenever you can fit it in or do you find it more beneficial to do it consistently in the am or pm?

I've been so busy that I haven't started yet but next week is the week!!!

I have tried both ypes in the morning and neither are right for me AM. I suspect there are some TCM type reasons...

The best time I have found so far is circa 6 PM by an hour or + or -. For me, later than that and the risk of not being able to fall immediately asleep starts to rise. hth

I use a stretching routine from the Egosque organization that I found on a dvd ordered from Amazon. There are some sample exercises on youtube.

This is indespensible for my old broken down body. LOL

my wife and i do yoga once every week or so. its amazing how poses and stretches can really relieve the stress build-up in the neck and shoulders from sitting in front of a computer all day. but the best part is the little nap we take at the end of a session!

MMS

Bikram for me, I just luv the sweating :)

Question... Do any of you gurus recommend doing yoga every day? Maybe twice a day?

I have a few months off work and I really want to get into it again so I can have a fresh start in my life mentally and physically.

I am a beginner BUT I'm no wimp when it comes to physical stuff

Edited by pa18

...recommend doing yoga every day? Maybe twice a day?

I have a few months off work ...

pa,

re: “have a few months off work”

Consider taking the Bikram 30 (or 60!) day challenge… geometric benefits… life changing health… :) :)

all the best,

zdo

Hi ZDO!

I've signed up at pure fitness/yoga and they have similar called hot yoga, the same (or almost the same) moves as bikram, I guess the package rename because of copyright stuff. Anyway, two weeks and 8 days of 1 hr lessons so far .... feels good but totally humbled, you think you know your body but phffff..... out of the window. No 30/60 day challenge like bikram but I challenge myself to do it everyday.

Most the ladies there seem to be as graceful and supple as a butterfly when this guy (me) walks in like metallic robot, argh!

I'm still have trouble breathing when doing some moves, still need more attention the breath is the most important I think.

Take care,

Pete

...ladies there seem to be as graceful and supple as a butterfly when this guy (me) walks in like metallic robot...

They bring in flexibility. You bring in strength.

They are adding strength. You are adding flexibility. :)

re:

hot yoga, the same (or almost the same) moves as bikram.
Typically I'm not even close to being a purist on these kinds of things but in this case I would say, if you can, do Bikram 1.5 hr. sessions instead of the spinoff class. Odds are facilitators who are not Bikram certified will be less likely to integrate and time the meditative aspects as thoroughly, or be able to give you best real time (and long term) guidance on things like the breath, or optimizing exertion, rest periods, etc.

All the best,

zdo

Hi ZDO,

The bikram centre closed a few years back in this country, something to do with licencing problems and friction between the franchise agent and bikram head office. Anyway after they closed, some instructors bikram qualified moved to Pure Yoga centre and hence that's where 'Hot Yoga' formed. So it seems I'm well looked after apart from one crappy instructor but overall happy.

Don't really care about the 26 postures really, I just want motivation and a hot place to sweat and stretch.

Sometimes forex cause me a lot of stress.

Noticed that manual trades cause me more stress than the zulutrade' s signals I receive as well, propably because I am the only responsible for these trades and not my signal providers. I have thought that mobile forex could help me stay relaxed as makes it possible for me to check the account everywhere and anytime. So I bought an ipad but now I am thinking of the trades all the time.

The thing is that my yoga lessons has stopped for the summer time so I really have no way to relax.

Could forex be unhealthy?

Sometimes forex cause me a lot of stress.

Noticed that manual trades cause me more stress than the zulutrade' s signals I receive as well, propably because I am the only responsible for these trades and not my signal providers. I have thought that mobile forex could help me stay relaxed as makes it possible for me to check the account everywhere and anytime. So I bought an ipad but now I am thinking of the trades all the time.

The thing is that my yoga lessons has stopped for the summer time so I really have no way to relax.

Could forex be unhealthy?

forex is so stressy,that you can feel the sensation to have the head fuse with a consequence of nervous stress.that can transform in ossidative stress.i made fitness but never with almost 30 minutes of pilates that put the body and mind in a good equilibrium,after you stay better with the healt and the body.is good for a traders because help the posture and gift a graceful carriage many useful for who work many hour with the monitor.

forex is so stressy,that you can feel the sensation to have the head fuse with a consequence of nervous stress.that can transform in ossidative stress.i made fitness but never with almost 30 minutes of pilates that put the body and mind in a good equilibrium,after you stay better with the healt and the body.is good for a traders because help the posture and gift a graceful carriage many useful for who work many hour with the monitor.

Hmm. Do you think it is better to accept trading as a stressful type of activity, have an awareness of it and then de-stress later, or is it better to strive towards a mellow stress-free state while trading? Is there a simple answer or is it something which depends on the individual?

I think every person is different and will feel and handle stress in their own way. But stress can be controlled and managed to a level where you can be as cool as a cucumber in the heat of the moment.

Yoga is helping I think, breathing deeply into the area where my muscles feels tightening up due to a stressful situation is good as I feel that part relaxing. Once I'm calm, charts do look clearer. Not sure if it's wishful thinking but I guess no harm in believing it's working. Need more time before all the work comes naturally.

Hmm. Do you think it is better to accept trading as a stressful type of activity, have an awareness of it and then de-stress later, or is it better to strive towards a mellow stress-free state while trading? Is there a simple answer or is it something which depends on the individual?

trading and especially forex for me is stressy activity,but all depend to the life style of an individual.if you make a job like trading (but isn't the only stressy job),tha put you in a ever stress condition,because your brain needed to stay ever alert especially if you made scalping.make a sport like yoga or pilates ,i mentioned pilates because his inventor PILATES studied oriental discipline like yoga in orient,and in alternative to yoga you can make pilates without problem,especially if you couple this discipline with a bit of meditation,you can help your body and especially your mind to get a good equilibrium psycho.phisic.you can start after your daily work session,or before.the important is that become part of you and only when your body and your soul needed in natural way the necessity,you can say that is your lifestile,because you feel that cannot live without it.the ossidative stress is a very important topic ,many doctors studied the dangerous effect on the human being.this stress come when the radical-free take the upper hand on us.we must avoid all the wrong comportament that increase.it.this is for me a good lifestyle that can help to lessen the stress of forex,or better help you to trade without stress.

....mellow stress-free state while trading? Is there a simple answer or is it something which depends on the individual?

Think it is individual.Let's look why trading can freak out traders.

As it is all between ears,good old brain can kick in with believes,emotions,over sized ego...

Those things are having influence on trading results thus if not in check they will lead to loses.

And there you have a stressful situation,which can lead to greater mental struggle,which can lead to even more loses.

So it's like cursed action-reaction circle.

Let's face it,if someone is trading tested and trusted strategy,is profitable during course of couple of years,there is no reason to be stressed out because of trading.

OT;

Anyone do yoga regularly?

For last 2.5 years i am doing form of yoga and it helped me drastically in general when it comes to mental side of trading.And as i am firm believer that trading is 90% psychology i also believe that any form of improving your self on mental side can and will help with trading:2c:

Beside yoga i am doing Ving Tsun Kuen Kung Fu,which is not just about mindless fighting.Philosophy of VTK Kung Fu can be applied in everyday life,ideas are simple and powerful same as fighting part of VTK.

This martial art is also something that i love and it have helped me a lot.

Edited by VTK

VTK perhaps to truly harness the power of at ease thought(not necessarily relaxed as such), it is better to pursue both a competent strategy avoiding the stress in the first place AND de-stress afterwards regardless. After all, if we are less stressed in the first place, it takes less to come down from any emotional state does it not? This way it's harder for stress to build up over time and there will be less intense ups and downs in your emotions. Most trading battles however, are won and lost not in front of the screen but in preparation for the task ahead. So being consistent in emotion all the time allows you to be level headed in your thinking of the market pre-trading too.

VTK perhaps to truly harness the power of at ease thought(not necessarily relaxed as such), it is better to pursue both a competent strategy avoiding the stress in the first place AND de-stress afterwards regardless....

Yes...it's like being in balance,walking the golden path of the middle..

In a way that if one is spending lots of time in front of screen than it would be good idea to do some mind/body recreation in order to "cancel" "extreme behavior" of sitting too much in front of screen thus getting her/him self back in balance.

Maybe not the best example of mine thought but i think we are on same page...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• Date: 16th April 2024. Market News – Stocks and currencies sell off; USD up. Economic Indicators & Central Banks:   Stocks and currencies sell off, while the US Dollar picks up haven flows. Treasuries yields spiked again to fresh 2024 peaks before paring losses into the close, post, the stronger than expected retail sales eliciting a broad sell off in the markets. Rates surged as the data pushed rate cut bets further into the future with July now less than a 50-50 chance. Wall Street finished with steep declines led by tech. Stocks opened in the green on a relief trade after Israel repulsed the well advertised attack from Iran on Sunday. But equities turned sharply lower and extended last week’s declines amid the rise in yields. Investor concerns were intensified as Israel threatened retaliation. There’s growing anxiety over earnings even after a big beat from Goldman Sachs. UK labor market data was mixed, as the ILO unemployment rate unexpectedly lifted, while wage growth came in higher than anticipated – The data suggests that the labor market is catching up with the recession. Mixed messages then for the BoE. China grew by 5.3% in Q1 however the numbers are causing a lot of doubts over sustainability of this growth. The bounce came in the first 2 months of the year. In March, growth in retail sales slumped and industrial output decelerated below forecasts, suggesting challenges on the horizon. Today: Germany ZEW, US housing starts & industrial production, Fed Vice Chair Philip Jefferson speech, BOE Bailey speech & IMF outlook. Earnings releases: Morgan Stanley and Bank of America. Financial Markets Performance:   The US Dollar rallied to 106.19 after testing 106.25, gaining against JPY and rising to 154.23, despite intervention risk. Yen traders started to see the 160 mark as the next Resistance level. Gold surged 1.76% to $2386 per ounce amid geopolitical risks and Chinese buying, even as the USD firmed and yields climbed. USOIL is flat at $85 per barrel. Market Trends:   Breaks of key technical levels exacerbated the sell off. Tech was the big loser with the NASDAQ plunging -1.79% to 15,885 while the S&P500 dropped -1.20% to 5061, with the Dow sliding -0.65% to 37,735. The S&P had the biggest 2-day sell off since March 2023. Nikkei and ASX lost -1.9% and -1.8% respectively, and the Hang Seng is down -2.1%. European bourses are down more than -1% and US futures are also in the red. CTA selling tsunami: “Just a few points lower CTAs will for the first time this year start selling in size, to add insult to injury, we are breaking major trend-lines in equities and the gamma stabilizer is totally gone.” Short term CTA threshold levels are kicking in big time according to GS. Medium term is 4873 (most important) while the long term level is at 4605. Always trade with strict risk management. Your capital is the single most important aspect of your trading business. Please note that times displayed based on local time zone and are from time of writing this report. Click HERE to access the full HFM Economic calendar. Want to learn to trade and analyse the markets? Join our webinars and get analysis and trading ideas combined with better understanding on how markets work. Click HERE to register for FREE! Click HERE to READ more Market news. Andria Pichidi Market Analyst HFMarkets Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in FX and CFDs products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are solely responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without our prior written permission.
    • Date: 15th April 2024. Market News – Negative Reversion; Safe Havens Rally. Trading Leveraged Products is risky Economic Indicators & Central Banks:   Markets weigh risk of retaliation cycle in Middle East. Initially the retaliatory strike from Iran on Israel fostered a haven bid, into bonds, gold and other haven assets, as it threatens a wider regional conflict. However, this morning, Oil and Asian equity markets were muted as traders shrugged off fears of a war escalation in the Middle East. Iran said “the matter can be deemed concluded”, and President Joe Biden has called on Israel to exercise restraint following Iran’s drone and missile strike, as part of Washington’s efforts to ease tensions in the Middle East and minimize the likelihood of a widespread regional conflict. New US and UK sanctions banned deliveries of Russian supplies, i.e. key industrial metals, produced after midnight on Friday. Aluminum jumped 9.4%, nickel rose 8.8%, suggesting brokers are bracing for major supply chain disruption. Financial Markets Performance:   The USDIndex fell back from highs over 106 to currently 105.70. The Yen dip against USD to 153.85. USOIL settled lower at 84.50 per barrel and Gold is trading below session highs at currently $2357.92 per ounce. Copper, more liquid and driven by the global economy over recent weeks, was more subdued this morning. Currently at $4.3180. Market Trends:   Asian stock markets traded mixed, but European and US futures are slightly higher after a tough session on Friday and yields have picked up. Mainland China bourses outperformed overnight, after Beijing offered renewed regulatory support. The PBOC meanwhile left the 1-year MLF rate unchanged, while once again draining funds from the system. Nikkei slipped 1% to 39,114.19. On Friday, NASDAQ slumped -1.62% to 16,175, unwinding most of Thursday’s 1.68% jump to a new all-time high at 16,442. The S&P500 fell -1.46% and the Dow dropped 1.24%. Declines were broadbased with all 11 sectors of the S&P finishing in the red. JPMorgan Chase sank 6.5% despite reporting stronger profit in Q1. The nation’s largest bank gave a forecast for a key source of income this year that fell below Wall Street’s estimate, calling for only modest growth. Apple shipments drop by 10% in Q1. Always trade with strict risk management. Your capital is the single most important aspect of your trading business. Please note that times displayed based on local time zone and are from time of writing this report. Click HERE to access the full HFM Economic calendar. Want to learn to trade and analyse the markets? Join our webinars and get analysis and trading ideas combined with better understanding on how markets work. Click HERE to register for FREE! Click HERE to READ more Market news. Andria Pichidi Market Analyst HFMarkets Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in FX and CFDs products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are solely responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without our prior written permission.
    • The morning of my last post I happened to glance over to the side and saw “...angst over the FOMC’s rate trajectory triggered a flight to safety, hence boosting the haven demand. “   http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/topic/21621-hfmarkets-hfmcom-market-analysis-services/page/17/?tab=comments#comment-228522   I reacted, but didn’t take time to  respond then... will now --- HFBlogNews, I don’t know if you are simply aggregating the chosen narratives for the day or if it’s your own reporting... either way - “flight to safety”????  haven ?????  Re: “safety  - ”Those ‘solid rocks’ are getting so fragile a hit from a dandelion blowball might shatter them... like now nobody wants to buy longer term new issues at these rates...yet the financial media still follows the scripts... The imagery they pound day in and day out makes it look like the Fed knows what they’re doing to help ‘us’... They do know what they’re doing - but it certainly is not to help ‘us’... and it is not to ‘control’ inflation... And at some point in the not too distant future, the interest due will eat a huge portion of the ‘revenue’ Re: “haven” The defaults are coming ...  The US will not be the first to default... but it will certainly not be the very last to default !! ...Enough casual anti-white racism for the day  ... just sayin’
    • Date: 12th April 2024. Producer Inflation On The Rise, But Will Earnings Hold Demand Steady?     Producer inflation rose slightly less than previous expectations, but the annual figure continues to rise. The annual PPI rose to 2.1% and the Core PPI rose to 2.4%. The NASDAQ and SNP500 end the day higher, but the Dow Jones continues to struggle. This morning earnings kick off with the banking sector including JP Morgan, BlackRock and Wells Fargo. All 3 stocks trade higher during pre-trading hours. The Euro trades lower against all currencies despite the ECB’s attempt to establish a hawkish tone. USA100 – The NASDAQ Climbs Higher, But Is the Growth Sustainable? The NASDAQ was the only index which did not witness a significant decline at the opening of the US session. In addition to this, the USA100 is the only index which is witnessing indications of a bullish market. The price has crossed onto a higher high breaking the resistance level at $18,269. The index is also trading above the 75-Bar EMA and at the 65.00 level on the RSI which signals buyers are controlling the market. However, a similar large bullish impulse wave was also formed on the 3rd and 5th of the month and was followed by a correction. Therefore, investors need to be cautious of a bearish breakout which may signal a correction back to the 75-bar EMA (18,165). The medium-term growth and its sustainability will depend on the upcoming earnings data.   Bond yields declined during this morning’s Asian session by 18 points, which is positive for the stock market. However, even with the decline, bond yields remain significantly higher than Monday’s opening yield. This week the 10-year bond yield rose from 4.424 to 4.558, which is a concern. If bond yields again start to rise, the stock market potentially can again become pressured. 25% of the NASDAQ ended the day lower and 75% higher. This gives a clear indication of the sentiment towards the technology sector and reassures traders about the price movement. Another positive was all of the top 12 influential stocks rose in value. Apple, NVIDIA and Broadcom saw the strongest gains, all rising more than 4%. Producer inflation read slightly lower than expectations, however, the index continues to rise. The Producer Price Index rose from 1.6% to 2.1% and the Core PPI from 2.1% to 2.4%. Therefore, it is not indicating inflation will become easier to tackle in the upcoming months. For this reason, investors should note that inflation and the monetary policy is still a risk and can trigger strong bearish impulse waves. EURUSD – The Euro Declines Against Major Currencies The European Central Bank is attempting to concentrate on the positive factors and give no indications of when the committee may opt to cut rates. For example, President Lagarde advises “sales figures” remain stable, but the issue remains they are stably low. Officials said the decline in prices generally confirms medium-term forecasts and is ensured by a decrease in the cost of food and goods. Most experts continue to believe that the first reduction in interest rates will happen in June, and there may be three or four in total during the year. Due to this, the Euro is declining against all currencies including the Pound, Yen and Swiss Franc. The US Dollar Index on the other hand trades 0.39% higher and is almost trading at a 23-week high. Due to this momentum, the price of the exchange continues to indicate a decline in favor of the US Dollar.   Always trade with strict risk management. Your capital is the single most important aspect of your trading business. Please note that times displayed based on local time zone and are from time of writing this report. Click HERE to access the full HFM Economic calendar. Want to learn to trade and analyse the markets? Join our webinars and get analysis and trading ideas combined with better understanding on how markets work. Click HERE to register for FREE! Click HERE to READ more Market news. Michalis Efthymiou Market Analyst HMarkets Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in FX and CFDs products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are solely responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without our prior written permission.
    • $MSFT Microsoft stock top of range breakout above 433.1, https://stockconsultant.com/?MSFT

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.