Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

StevenSJC

Forget the EURUSD - What Else is Worth Trading?

Curious what everyone else thinks in forex as far as markets worth trading -- I love the EURUSD so don't get me wrong but I've actually found that opportunity awaits in places the crowd isn't looking.

Case in point - I've had some real nice success trading the EURCAD recently -- typically more of a swing trade - either same day looking for 25 - 50 pips or if I'm swing trading tends to be 75 - 150 pips. Of course I don't nail it everytime but that market moves reliably.

USDJPY for example used to be a favorite, then it stunk, and now in recent months I've had a great time with it.

So my question is what other markets are you all uncovering or does this crowd just focus on the EURUSD & GBPUSD?

... any pair with a spread <= 3.0

Currently 15+ pairs. Many of them are correlated but even among those, at any given time, one (or two) will be the best 'technically', one(or two) will be the best 'symetrically', and one(or two) will have the best 'volatility', etc.

In the last month i had good satisfaction with USDCHF,i sell it ever because its in a bear trend and i can verify that its a currency that have a reliably trend.,till now.Me too like EURUSD but in the last time i think that its so much speculative.Now i have a bit of interest about GBPJPY i'm observing the trend and his volatility.

Thanks for the replies so far -- I have been looking at the AUDUSD of late -- on some slower charts like a 4 hour it seems to plot quite well. When I speed up the charting timeframe I don't like it as much but that 4H could be a sweet spot at least for me.

GBPJPY was mentioned above - I used to LOVE that pair and then it abandoned me. I've been tentative trying to renew my love affair with it - perhaps I'll take another look.

Steven,

re "then it abandoned me"

Isn't it amazing how that happens. When I first started trading FX (we're talking futures, late 80's) I was so hooked up with USDJPY for a while. Then it abandoned me. ...Moved on successfully to USDCHF, and that one 'stayed with me' a lot longer than did USDJPY, but the synched up quality was never the same.

Honestly, after all those years and even though the USDJPY has come back around for me several times since, I'm still not over that first USDJPY loss of resonance... I suspect that probably says somthing about my neuroses and attachment style :roll eyes::stick out tongue::)

Much of this can be attributed to changes in the markets and auctions themselves… so much that the very CENTER of my trading approach is MarketTyping(tm zdo). For a longer term example, while I have these personal cycles with bonds also; imo, the auctions in bonds have become much more ‘institutional’ since around the mid 90’s than they were in the mid 80’s (back when ‘real men trade bonds’ really meant something ;) ). The indexes provide a much much faster alternation – often hours or less in one type and rarely more than a couple of days. Also, my personal synch cycles with the indexes are measured in X days hooked up, y days unhooked, instead of in months like with FX.