Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

pbylina

MD FootPrint Chart Comparison with Different Data Feeds

Hey guys. I currently have MD with zenfire and want to know if the footprint bid asks are accurate. Can someone post a 5min footprint of theirs for 6E or ES? It would be nice to compare another zenfire and a iqfeed feed. Thanks.

Hey guys. I currently have MD with zenfire and want to know if the footprint bid asks are accurate. Can someone post a 5min footprint of theirs for 6E or ES? It would be nice to compare another zenfire and a iqfeed feed. Thanks.

I have heard through the grape vine that most of the broker feeds do not have accurate bid/ask data real time, including Zenfire. I included a screen shot of my Sierra Chart with Iqfeed on a point and figure 6 tick swing. Keep in mind that Sierra Chart number bars are NOT 100% accurate, but it is close enough for me.

Discovery Trading Group has screen shots of Iqfeed with market delta on a point and figure chart.

If you want accurate bid/ask data you are going to have to pay up for it: Iqfeed, Esignal, CQG…

5aa7106dcd1c4_4-20-11footprint.thumb.jpg.676f7d13a4116964929461355803eef1.jpg

I have heard through the grape vine that most of the broker feeds do not have accurate bid/ask data real time, including Zenfire. I included a screen shot of my Sierra Chart with Iqfeed on a point and figure 6 tick swing. Keep in mind that Sierra Chart number bars are NOT 100% accurate, but it is close enough for me.

Discovery Trading Group has screen shots of Iqfeed with market delta on a point and figure chart.

If you want accurate bid/ask data you are going to have to pay up for it: Iqfeed, Esignal, CQG…

Thanks. I was hoping you wouldnt say that. O well. Iqfeed it is.

Here is a 5 min footprint

I cant compare it cause I dont have any previous footprints...Is this normal? Also if you look at the bid/ask there is about 20, 0|0 bid/ask? no one traded there or is this also a zenfire problem?

In the second picture there is a gap in the middle of the chart...I dont think its normal? and the candle wicks are going all the way down to bottom of chart. wtf...

5aa7106deea06_Nopreviousbars00bidask.jpg.52f81d7dcacb026af2df7e5145349970.jpg

5aa7106e00c8d_GapinMD.jpg.24e629d2259f4fa1ef6eb0dfafd66efd.jpg

Hate to mention this, but how much do you pay for your data.

Add that to the 90% of Retailers who never learned the Trading Industry and therefore fizzle out before they really start, and you can see that we all must have decent raw data if we are to outwit the odds.

Add that to the 90% of Retailers who never learned the Trading Industry and therefore fizzle out before they really start, and you can see that we all must have decent raw data if we are to outwit the odds.

Zenfire is free. Maybe thats why.

I cant compare it cause I dont have any previous footprints...Is this normal? Also if you look at the bid/ask there is about 20, 0|0 bid/ask? no one traded there or is this also a zenfire problem?

In the second picture there is a gap in the middle of the chart...I dont think its normal? and the candle wicks are going all the way down to bottom of chart. wtf...

My Open E Cry has an accurate Footprint chart, only problem is that their Market Delta chart is like 5 years old.

Hope this Sierra Chart helps.

5aa7106e28ba0_4-20-115minfootprint2.thumb.jpg.7ccf8c4b2c282748e3924959baf99b37.jpg

Whilst I agree that a high percentage of retail traders fail I personally don't think it has much to do with the quality of their data. :)

Rithmic made substantial improvements to their infrastructure a few moths back and at the moment things are not bad at all. (they where great before the CME changed hw they reported trades thus increasing volume of data transmitted).

Also, because of the way they (Zen) deliver there data, UDP (User Datagram Protocol) and how they actually report trades (strange to say the least), it will probably not be as robust as IQFeed. Having said that it is absolutely possible to trade from Zenfires bid,last,ask data. Having said all that as John, says it is a tough enough endeavour so why put potential hurdles in your path?

One last thing occurs to me, it does rather depends how you are using delta, For example if you look at cumulative delta (which is absolute) over longer periods you might require greater accuracy than if you are looking at delta shifts (relative) whilst scalping. In the latter case a glitch in the data will quickly scroll out of the data that you are making decisions on and the chances are timeliness of data will be much more important than completeness. Just a bit of food for thought.

My Open E Cry has an accurate Footprint chart, only problem is that their Market Delta chart is like 5 years old.

Hope this Sierra Chart helps.

Thanks DaVinciLite. Unforntunatly I dont have historical Bid/ask data. Mine starts from when I turn on the program...

If I got IQFeed would I have the historical bid/ask data?

Thanks DaVinciLite. Unforntunatly I dont have historical Bid/ask data. Mine starts from when I turn on the program...

If I got IQFeed would I have the historical bid/ask data?

Yes, 30 days when the cash markets are closed and 7 days when they are open. Market Delta will save the data for you.

dVL

Yes, 30 days when the cash markets are closed and 7 days when they are open. Market Delta will save the data for you.

dVL

Correction. 120 calendar days when downloaded during non regular market hours. 8 calendar days during regular market hours..

I included a screen shot of my Sierra Chart with Iqfeed on a point and figure 6 tick swing. Keep in mind that Sierra Chart number bars are NOT 100% accurate, but it is close enough for me.

So is DTN IQ Feed accurate or not? Seems like you contradict yourself..

So is DTN IQ Feed accurate or not? Seems like you contradict yourself..

I was talking about two things: The Sierra Chart number bars and IQ Feed data. The SC number bars are now 100% accurate and DTN IQ still has a very good reputation. Been using them for over two years now with no problems.

Sierra Chart and DTN IQ feed: a match made in heaven. I combine the IQ Feed data and my trading account all in one chart so I can have good data and place orders on the same chart.

Good Luck,

dVL

esignal has live tick servers and historical tick servers

my live footprint charts will not exactly match the same chart if I request it from a new esignal data manager session and the data comes from a historical server

there are also small differences in data between different live tick servers (different users connected to different esignal servers) that can be seen in live chat rooms when a moderator projects their footprint chart and it doesn't exactly match yours - the differences are statistically insignificant, but could in different automatic trading executions if you were triggering on tick or volume bars instead of price bars

I know esignal does some quote consolidation (some sort of data reduction via aggregation).

My approximate datafeed quote-refresh to trade ratios are much smaller than the nanex numbers.

I'm not saying that all is lost, just that you need to accept a certain amount of fuzz with the data you receive.

It is worth mentioning that the correlation between aggressive buying/selling and the direction of order flow is probably only about 80% or so. There have been lots of studies on trade classification algorithms in general and Lee & Ready's algorithm in particular (which is essentially 'market delta').

Still, worth trying to get the best data you can.

Start with an awesome Internet connection which will give you higher data flow priority through the WWW. This is definitely a drawback if you cannot get it. I've tried a couple of data providers after getting a fast connection. Cost is still a consideration. I use LightSpeed and love it. I only trade during normal Eastern coast business hours. They are out of New York.

Cheers