Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

MightyMouse

Emini S&P 500 Short Term Trading

a miserable trade. I am committed to staying short until 1310.

It seems a little too long for the price and volume, but I am biased by hope.

The general direction is down, but we are in a balancing range where shorter term currents prevail.

If we get to 1310, i will probably reverse.

Might I ask what you saw at 95.5 that suggested a trade

Johnw,

The simple answer is that it appeared to be continuing downward. When it has that appearance, I take the trade.

If we were at 1270 instead of 1304, it would have been a brilliant entry. Unfortunately, it went to the latter and not the former. Time may change that, even though it appears very unlikely at the moment.

MM

do you use charts in your analysis?

I use range and reversal charts to map price and volume. I look at time as a function of range. I really do not look at time bars. I don't look for patterns to take trades, but I do make note of them when I see them.

Sell stop for the long gets moved to 1299 and I'll move it up but not down. Zen stop is when price reaches 1226.

Hopefully, we make a move into the 1330's, 1340's, or higher. I need motion. Sloppy chop can get the best of me.

My stop is now at 1309. I won't likely let it get to that. At this point I will at least take the break even trade if it comes back or if there is a negative development, I'll get out somewhere between 1310 and 1325.

If we get to the 1334 area, I plan on adding and I will accelerate the adds when we break clearly from this hideous range. I need to put a holiday filter onto the indicators I use.

I forgot to say that I love trading.

Edited by MightyMouse

If anyone is playing the home version, I took the trade at 1310 for very similar reasons that I took the short at 1295.5. This one, so far, looks like I made a good decision. That trade sucked.

From about 6:30 Eastern, it looks like there was some selling in a shorter time frame. Looks really balanced on almost all timeframes which tells me nada.

Sometimes you can tell if short sellers are holding prices down, allowing late buyers to buy all they want to subsequently hand them their ass, or buyers are holding up prices to allow knife catching short traders to call a top and use them to pave the way higher.

It is becoming very likely that I will pull the 1320.50 stop soon and ride it down if we do go below 1320.75.

It looks like there might be just enough selling for me to want to stay in.

It doesn't look like anyone feels like selling, which makes me want to think that it is going higher. Probably get a short burst up to get the highly capitalized short term longs the chance to get to sell to the buy stops that are accumulating above the high. I am biased long, no doubt, but i just don't see the sellers winning here.

Whether I am right or wrong about the above, my stop is at 1321.25 and I am likely out if it is touched prior to going higher than 1329.50.

I'll leave the forecasting to the smart guys.

I can't believe this. It literally took until the EOD to get to 12425. I've been waiting all day and took considerable losses. It hit 12423 and I had a sell order at 12425 earlier.

Actually, I can believe it! It was such a sloppy day today.:crap:

I can't believe this. It literally took until the EOD to get to 12425. I've been waiting all day and took considerable losses. It hit 12423 and I had a sell order at 12425 earlier.

Just curious, what made you choose 12425 for what I assume was your TP level?

That is mini dow? that sucks.

I am adding at 1334.25, 1339.75, 1343.75, 1347, and possibly 1349.75.

Things may develop where i have to bail before I get all the adds.

I will not ever let it go beyond my BE stop.

A lot of times I get an add and it turns on me, so i lose on the add, but make money on the earlier position and adds. Sometimes I end up @#$%^ what would have been a decent trade and giving away a nice gain. Shit happens.

Its a bet that the rally will continue. Maybe a good bet. Maybe a bad bet.

I am kind of hemmed in by the long week end and don't know If I am going to hold over the weekend.