Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

v101

Automated Questions?

I have thoughts to build an automated indicator, black-box, etc. But had a few questions, as i am just in the discovery mode about this thought...

Say I have a idea of looking / scanning for markets that meet certain criteria, BUT I dont want to run it continuously, say I only want it to run say every X minutes..

Currently today I use Esignal, and was hoping that Esignal had the ability to run an indicator every X number of minutes, but I want to run the indicator over many different markets

Then based on what the indicator returns, it would then scan the returned markets, for other criteria, and then based on these criteria Put the trades, on, etc.

So with that said, should I even consider using such a platform, Or what are some other platforms to consider looking into to do such a task?

I have thoughts to build an automated indicator, black-box, etc. But had a few questions, as i am just in the discovery mode about this thought...

Say I have a idea of looking / scanning for markets that meet certain criteria, BUT I dont want to run it continuously, say I only want it to run say every X minutes..

Currently today I use Esignal, and was hoping that Esignal had the ability to run an indicator every X number of minutes, but I want to run the indicator over many different markets

Then based on what the indicator returns, it would then scan the returned markets, for other criteria, and then based on these criteria Put the trades, on, etc.

So with that said, should I even consider using such a platform, Or what are some other platforms to consider looking into to do such a task?

why do you want to only scan it every X minutes?

why not scan it continuously?

If you do not have a computer engineer degree, find a professionals engineer. Couple of ways to do it.

1) X_Trader TT platform is widely most use for algor trading. TT has it own in house IT engineer. u may get help but comes with a price.

2) Search for a legit prop firms that handles algor trading. They have professional IT engineers.

What you don't want to do is create your own algor without a certified or a degree in computer engineer. If platforms are made easy to create script, why would prop firms, hedge funds, HFT hire and pay top best computer engineer $150K annual salary to build the algor?

The answer is, they want to pro do build it and not amatuers.

Hope this help

All of this is quite easily done in TradeStation's Radar Screen. You can write up any indicator you want and then using the new PSP objects in TS 9.0 initiate a timer object that will fire at any interval you choose.

We currently scan over 400 stocks, 36 commodities and a couple of dozen forex pairs in Radar Screen with no difficulty. These scans run every 60 seconds but the period is completely adjustable to any interval you like.

We select what we trade based on current local relative price volatilities and relative trade volumes.

Information = Equity

tpt436.jpg

tpt435.jpg

tpt437.jpg

tpt438.jpg

cheers

UrmaBlume