Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

MadMarketScientist

Free Webinar Upcoming: Proven Techniques Used by Successful Intraday Traders

Make sure you sign-up. This one is being presented by NinjaTrader and they always do a nice job. It's a free training webinar so those of you who want to learn more about trading intraday this is a nice opportunity - you do need to reserve your "virtual" seat to attend:

http://traderslaboratory.com/ninjatrader

Proven Techniques Used by Successful Intraday Traders

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM EDT

See you there!

MMS

As an active trader, the trading tools you select will have a dramatic impact on your success. Whether you trade futures, forex, or equities, you can significantly enhance your trading efficiency by utilizing proven techniques used by successful day traders.

Attend this event to learn how to incorporate these techniques for an immediate benefit to your trading!

-- Maximize profit potential by trading directly off your chart using automatic trailing stops

-- Use Fibonacci tools to find predictive areas of support and resistance

-- How to understand your trade results for better money management and the importance of keeping a journal

-- How to scan your own custom watch list for high probability trade setups every day across all markets

-- Be ready on every FOMC day with a Breakout strategy to effectively trade news events

-- Added Bonus! Learn to fine tune your trading strategies by recording the day's action and replay at your convenience, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!

Make sure you sign-up. This one is being presented by NinjaTrader and they always do a nice job. It's a free training webinar so those of you who want to learn more about trading intraday this is a nice opportunity - you do need to reserve your "virtual" seat to attend:

http://traderslaboratory.com/ninjatrader

Proven Techniques Used by Successful Intraday Traders

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM EDT

See you there!

MMS

As an active trader, the trading tools you select will have a dramatic impact on your success. Whether you trade futures, forex, or equities, you can significantly enhance your trading efficiency by utilizing proven techniques used by successful day traders.

Attend this event to learn how to incorporate these techniques for an immediate benefit to your trading!

-- Maximize profit potential by trading directly off your chart using automatic trailing stops

-- Use Fibonacci tools to find predictive areas of support and resistance

-- How to understand your trade results for better money management and the importance of keeping a journal

-- How to scan your own custom watch list for high probability trade setups every day across all markets

-- Be ready on every FOMC day with a Breakout strategy to effectively trade news events

-- Added Bonus! Learn to fine tune your trading strategies by recording the day's action and replay at your convenience, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!

Just went to sign up and realised I won't be able to attend due to prior commitment.

Do you think they will make a replay of this webinar available at another time MMS?

I would really appreciate that.

Cheers

The Recording for the Webinar can be found here:

Ninjatrader Webinar!

Thank you Mysticforex, and traders Laboratory. I just checked the recording - almost 70 minutes - so will reserve the

weekend for viewing this. I was pleased to read the comment by NinjaTrader_Staff in the thread:

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f114/charting-tools-comparable-bloombergs-9483.html#post114880 ... post #10:

Depending on your requirements, NinjaTrader is free if all you need is market analysis. If you want to trade,

we charge you. We support a number of different feeds including CQG (mentioned earlier in this thread) plus our

own brand, Kinetick.

I am hoping that NT charting will be superior to my MT4 set up, otherwise I see little point moving from the familiar

to the unfamiliar. It will need to provide an additional edge to what I am already doing.

I am at the stage where I am fast losing interest in trading generally speaking. I am weary of the constant struggle

to evolve with the changes. It seems that as soon as I begin to master the beast, it develops a new feature.

Seven years ago we didn't have the intervention of algorithmic trading and high frequency trading and so on ...

at least not to the extent we have today.

I am asking a serious question here, but a very simple one ... "Is it worth it?"

I think I have just wasted 7 years - the proverbial "7 years bad luck!"

My goal when I began trading was to ease from shift work to an income replacement situation. I never planned for

a Ferarri or a condominium in the French Riviera, with a private jet to whisk me there at will! It was a matter of

provision for a Baby-Boomer retirement that was never going to be delivered by the government.

Having reached break-even or a little better at times (the lines are still blurred) I am wondering if trading is really

ever going to deliver on the promise, or I will still be mired down in some kind of struggle to exploit my edge

for the next 5 years?

I watch these kinds of Webinars to see if somehow I can gain a critical tweak.

But nothing can change the events that have rocked the CHF and JPY pairs over the past 24 hours. How can traders

hope to compete in these conditions? Will a good trading/charting software package make any difference?

Here I am attempting to move away from the 15Min / 1H trades to 4H and Daily, but it gets destroyed in one session,

and stops are triggered. These are not the markets I began trading 7 years ago, with nice identifiable trends.

This is just sentimental and speculative chop, dredged up by frightened traders who drive trends north ... then south ...

then north again, without rhyme nor reason. Technically I am attempting to trade what I am seeing, not what my personal

bias tells me. Consequently I am attempting to follow Price Action and a couple of "tuner" indicators.

It is all turning to ashes and trash in front of my eyes. How can anyone follow this mess? I am serious when I lament

the loss of the longer trends we once saw.

You can't trade the trash ... the wheels are falling off.

Will NinjaTrader software make any difference to that?

We shall see.

Trash.jpg.ddbca8b5d2f781c322e65b4c4d73a4ed.jpg

I am hoping that NT charting will be superior to my MT4 set up...

I use NT and MT4, and I much prefer NT to MT4...just one person's perspective...

But nothing can change the events that have rocked the CHF and JPY pairs over the past 24 hours. How can traders

hope to compete in these conditions?

Depends on your perspective, I suppose...for me, I've been immensely enjoying the action on the JPY since the quake...big swings, large range, etc.

----------

I decided to watch the recording of the webinar since I use NT myself...it's so funny...I've been really annoyed that you "can't" move the data up and down...sure you can move it side to side, compress/decompress it vertically and horizontally, but I didn't think you could move it up and down....I learned via this webinar that you simply hold down control and move the vertical scale up and down!! LOL It's always annoyed me that I couldn't do that but I guess not enough to try to find out how to do it...but now I know! Thanks! :)