Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Please give us all your suggestions here in this thread(don't start a new one) to make the site better!

Hi The Negotiator

I just posted here:

http://traderslaboratory.com/forums/showthread.php?p=113518#post113518

regarding a few glitches I am encountering technically.

On the topic of "Content" I am wondering if that is what you meant here. If so, I enjoy mucking around with systems, indicators, ideas and systems.

I have a few proprietary systems I have used in the past, and still retain some of the best features of some of them.

Also I have found a great site for MT4 indicators, and would love for other members to have access to some of these lovely goodies

they are free - you just need to register - a fair exchange - your email address for thousands of MT4 indicators - and I do mean 'thousands".

Can I post links to these things?

How do we treat "Commercial" things/ideas without being seen to be promoting the interests of a vendor?

For a long time I have had a proprietary MACD that has a feature that gives me the signal of turning price at least 5 bars earlier,

sometimes many more - than standard MACD. I can put members on to this via the MT4 site, and because it is listed there for free, it is NOT

a breach of copyright. The site is an official MT4 one I believe.

What I am saying is that I would like a section that can discuss Commercial systems that traders already own.

This might need to be a private room, but I don't want that, unless unavoidable - I would like very member to be able to benefit from this stuff.

And while on the topic, can you tell me what a "Premium Member" is?

I found it down the bottom of the "Forums" list. When I click on it, a message comes up:

Ingot54, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative

features or some other privileged system?

2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

So what is behind this door?

How do I open it?

Will I like what I see when I get inside that 'room'?

Cheers

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/premium/

For the premium memberships - only 150 posts so I'm guessing you'll see soon enough!!

If there are resources you think others can use, fine. Just nothing really commercial and stuff on other forums for obvious reasons.

We have a forum section for platforms and indicators where you can discuss and post:-

http://traderslaboratory.com/forums/f114/

and

http://traderslaboratory.com/forums/f46/

If you wanted a specific MT4 forum for the tools of the trade section we could do that. Also, I am thinking the indicator section needs separating into platform specific sections for say mt4, tradestation etc etc.

For the premium memberships - only 150 posts so I'm guessing you'll see soon enough!!

In the past there was a one off payment to become a premium member which I guess is why I can access this part of the forum with <150 posts.

In the past there was a one off payment to become a premium member which I guess is why I can access this part of the forum with <150 posts.

I don't know about the donation part, but this forum is accessible by all members and not just those of the premium kind!

I like the idea of the rating system for threads. But when I see a 5 star thread, I have no way of knowing how many people voted. If all the 5 star threads only had one person who rated them 5 stars, that would be meaningless to me. So I would like to see how many people voted in the rating.

I would like to see a rating system similar to the current rating system, but that rated each post for a nomination good enough to be part of a trading book. Then, over time, take all the posts that are the best of the best, put them in a book, and offer it for sale. The proceeds could help support the site. Make it a read only pdf file, or maybe even something you could down load to a electronic book. Then just sell it for a small fee, or a "donation".

Tradewinds, that is an excellent idea. I was thinking of a user awards type event sometime just to recognise the contributions of our members, but haven't really tested the water too much on that yet. I do think that a compilation type book or something is a good idea although not sure how easily it could be implemented.

I do think that a compilation type book or something is a good idea although not sure how easily it could be implemented.

If you appealed to people's massive trading ego's :rofl: and their post was nominated for inclusion in the book, they would probably be willing to do a little editing of their post, and categorize it for a topic in the book. If I could get my user name, or real name listed as a credit under the section of text that became part of the book, I'd be willing to do a little work, and a little editing to make it happen. If it became a group effort, it would go faster.

Of course, someone would need to be in charge, and manage the work. But there is a way to make that less work also. Take people's ideas and opinions, then go with the majority consensus. If there is a conflict of opinions as to how the book should be laid out, etc. just do a poll, and the majority wins. Period. That way you avoid hostile takeovers.

The forum here already has different categories of topics. For the book, all you would need to do is duplicate that. Unless there was a majority consensus that the chapters, and layout of the book should be different. Then take everyone's ideas, and opinions, and filter it down to the final consensus.

The site could even have a forum dedicated to work on the book. It would be just like a regular forum, with subcategories. What will make everything acheivable, is a structured decision making process. There are known good strategies for making business decisions that can be employed.

Edited by Tradewinds

Not sure about what would be involved in respect to the legalities of sorting something like it out.

Have the people whose posts were selected to be part of the book, agree to forgo any personal compensation. If they don't agree, just leave them out. Or give them a coffee mug and a tee-shirt. ;)

Here's a suggestion:

Don't SPAM your own site with recycled posts that displace real posts by current users in the "Latest Posts" section.

It is rather annoying to have to search for the threads I was reading earlier and the ploy reeks of desperation on the part of the owner of the site.

Is the site hurting that badly for content that you have to bring posts back from the dead?

Or maybe it's a not-so-subtle jab at the current posters that our posts suck. LOL..

In any case, how about making it less user-unfriendly to keep up with current threads no matter how unworthy they may be?

Edited by gosu

Here's a suggestion:

Don't SPAM your own site with recycled posts that displace real posts by current users in the "Latest Posts" section.

It is rather annoying to have to search for the threads I was reading earlier and the ploy reeks of desperation on the part of the owner of the site.

Is the site hurting that badly for content that you have to bring posts back from the dead?

Or maybe it's a not-so-subtle jab at the current posters that our posts suck. LOL..

In any case, how about making it less user-unfriendly to keep up with current threads no matter how unworthy they may be?

Hi,

We are not intentionally spamming the site, we are just in the process of porting over content from the blog section and closing that down. Sorry if it is messing up the latest post lists.

thx

MMS

Hi,

Good idea with the suggestions.

1. A help or FAQ section would be great.

For someone new on the site, it takes some time to figure things out.

For instance, I had to figure out the info on premium members by myself. I found it eventually by myself, but it is kind of hidden.

Or, a little bit of transparency about the user status and how certain levels are obtained would be helpful, too (i.e. the X% Trader IQ, or the status "Complete", "Market Wizard", "Guru", etc.). I haven't found a section on this site where the logic behind it is explained.

Or, what are the consequences of deleting visitor messages. When I tried to delete one, I had to give a reason why I want to delete it and the only option checked was "Soft' delete - Leave "Deleted" Message". What does that mean? Where is this explained?

Or, what is the "Permalink" in the visitor message section?

2. Further, when I logged in on this site via my cellphone, my cellphone number was automatically saved in my "About me" page, public for everyone to see (this is the only explanation to me, as I would never post my phone number on a public site). That's not good and in certain countries even illegal to do so. I just saw it by chance and removed it. At least one should be asked whether this information can be saved and you could opt out.

That's for the moment what comes to my mind.

Regards,

k

Hi,

Anyway, I just wanted to mention that this is a great forum!

I've tried also other forums, but except for one, they all attract a lot of childish folks and the quality of the discussions suck big time. No fun to be around there...

MMS, you somehow managed to attract some intelligent people here and, more importantly, some good traders. To me, quality is more important than quantity...

Thank you for that! Keep up the great work!

Thanks also to TheNegotiator for posting such great thread topics which often lead to very interesting discussions!

In the edit profile section:

non-standard linkedin profiles need ability to be added. my linkedin link does not look like the example you give.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/traderslaboratory

vs

http://th.linkedin.com/pub/jon-grah/51/14/895

5aa71101364c7_traderslaboratorylinkedinerror.png.8430233a81a0550f4f0de6ed411bfc6a.png

perhaps the user should be able to add their entire link, and you can just check to see if the linkedin word is contained within the first part of the url?

Hi,

1. A help or FAQ section would be great.

For someone new on the site, it takes some time to figure things out.

For instance, I had to figure out the info on premium members by myself. I found it eventually by myself, but it is kind of hidden.

Or, a little bit of transparency about the user status and how certain levels are obtained would be helpful, too (i.e. the X% Trader IQ, or the status "Complete", "Market Wizard", "Guru", etc.). I haven't found a section on this site where the logic behind it is explained.

Or, what are the consequences of deleting visitor messages. When I tried to delete one, I had to give a reason why I want to delete it and the only option checked was "Soft' delete - Leave "Deleted" Message". What does that mean? Where is this explained?

Or, what is the "Permalink" in the visitor message section?

2. Further, when I logged in on this site via my cellphone, my cellphone number was automatically saved in my "About me" page, public for everyone to see (this is the only explanation to me, as I would never post my phone number on a public site). That's not good and in certain countries even illegal to do so. I just saw it by chance and removed it. At least one should be asked whether this information can be saved and you could opt out.

That's for the moment what comes to my mind.

Regards,

k

Thanks for the feedback - we will work on these suggestions

thx

MMS

There is a new user who is flooding the forum with posts. Putting them on ignore doesn't help because their posts are still returned by "Latest Posts" and "Today's Posts".

Can the "Latest Posts" and "Today's Posts" be made to remove posts if made by users on your ignore list?

There is a new user who is flooding the forum with posts. Putting them on ignore doesn't help because their posts are still returned by "Latest Posts" and "Today's Posts".

Can the "Latest Posts" and "Today's Posts" be made to remove posts if made by users on your ignore list?

great idea, that would be very good indeed

Certain members with less than noble intentions are significantly reducing the value that TL offers. There's a difference between a healthy disagreement and a massive copying and pasting campaign.

I suggest a three pronged attack to rid of this menace:

1) Allow the ability to Ignore comments based on member ID.

2) Amazon like comment rating where a persistently negative rating hides a post only to be visible when specifically clicked.

3) Assign moderators who can simply monitor their respective areas and remove the garbage. The size of this site does make it tough for only a few to keep it clean. It's time work was delegated to those who have shown some sense of decency and common sense.

The last point I believe is the most crucial as it can prevent TL from getting so bloated with the trivial that it crumbles on itself from that weight. The quality and ease make this site unique, and these attacks by spammers and ill wishers are an attempt to strike at at the very root of the success of this site.

Gringo

Edited by Gringo