Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

TradeRunner

Kiwi Banned! What is Up with TL?

I'm disappointed to see that Kiwi has been banned from this site.

I would have thought TL would be bending over backwards trying to keep and encourage contributors like Kiwi. Unfortunately people of his calibre have been drifting away from TL on their own accord for some time.

Holy crap!

This is really, really disappointing. I can only assume it was over his problem with Rande. That's pretty stupid, TradersLab...he simply read Rande's book and was very critical and shared that with the community...I, for one, am appreciative and value Kiwi's opinion/input. Maybe Rande's a sponsor or something?? :doh:

Of course, to be fair, maybe I don't know the whole story. Who knows. But from what was on the public forum, I think that the ban is completely absurd.

I'd say "let Kiwi come back!" but I feel certain, after being banned, he has no desire to come back.

I did not know Kiwi is banned... or why he was banned.

All I know is one thing:

a public forum is like a house party.

you can be a funny guy, and entertained the whole party.

or you can be a great conversationist, and kept everybody interested.

but if you also do something not acceptable to the group,

no matter how small the infraction, or how insignificant the offends seem,

if it is not acceptable to the host,

you will be invited to leave.

That's plain and simple.

I can only assume it was over his problem with Rande.

That would be my assumption as well. Let's hope the owners aren't underestimating the value people like Kiwi provide the site. I hope TL isn't turning into a site full of vendors and newbies.

I'm sure all of you guys can understand we run a fine line between allowing people to say anything they want -- and us getting in some trouble for it.

I can tell you I've personally received more than one letter from lawyers as a result of posts on this forum. Now, we can debate freedom of speech, etc... but we have to be careful when the critique becomes what could be considered slanderous and not able to be backed up.

So, with that said, we welcome all critiques and yes, they can definitely be critical/negative but things like personal threats, accusations of fraud, etc... we have to be careful with.

As for Kiwi he's an awesome contributor and I'm sure this will blow over, we just have to make sure we're keeping things at a certain level on the boards or it can easily take a tone that none of us would enjoy. This too shall pass :)

MMS

I'm sure all of you guys can understand we run a fine line between allowing people to say anything they want -- and us getting in some trouble for it.

I can tell you I've personally received more than one letter from lawyers as a result of posts on this forum. Now, we can debate freedom of speech, etc... but we have to be careful when the critique becomes what could be considered slanderous and not able to be backed up.

As for Kiwi he's an awesome contributor and I'm sure this will blow over, we just have to make sure we're keeping things at a certain level on the boards or it can easily take a tone that none of us would enjoy. This too shall pass :) MMS

I for one appreciate the very tight ship that is run here. As recently as 6 months ago I created and contributed to a very large and well-known-but-unidentified forum. The thread was trashed by another member. I made many complaints and "Report Post" messages, but by the time anything was done, the thread was history.

The reason I am here is because I can never see such an event happening here. The moderation is good, and the quality of the contributions is streets ahead of "that" forum.

Some might not agree, but after being at the hands of bored "old-boys" and forum bullies and their trolls, in that much larger forum, I can tell you I prefer this model to that one. I think we all get a fair go here, and I support the Mods because I know that.

I am also certain that a cooling off period for Kiwi may (or may not) help him decide that the issue is not worth shooting himself in the foot over.

Regardless - he will always have my respect, as do the mods here.

I really enjoy Kiwi's posts, and more than once was tempted to PM him over one or two things I would liked to have discussed, but didn't.

If he is reading this, I would say to him - "You have lots of friends here - let it pass mate." I don't think any less of him over what has happened in any way - and nor do I blame the mods. The truth is that some people have a business to protect, and that makes them ultra-sensitive to criticism - and they will want to test what is said in court.

As MMS and The Negotiator say, while we happily post away our inner feelings, it is the owners of the forum who take the blow-torch on the belly.

Let's get on with what we do best - the market is our adversary.

Kiwi is not banned permanently. He was asked to not do something and then he did it. He will be welcomed back when we have had a chance to sort the matter out with him. He is valued as is every member.

there is nothing to worry. I know KIWI will come back in this forum because he will miss all of you.:cool:

there is nothing to worry. I know KIWI will come back in this forum because he will miss all of you.:cool:

I heard he found friendship in a 14 yr old boy

So, with that said, we welcome all critiques and yes, they can definitely be critical/negative but things like personal threats, accusations of fraud, etc... we have to be careful with.

As for Kiwi he's an awesome contributor and I'm sure this will blow over, we just have to make sure we're keeping things at a certain level on the boards or it can easily take a tone that none of us would enjoy. This too shall pass :)

MMS

So a guy with a harsh opinion is banned and a guy with outrageous claims is allowed to stay?

Some of the claims made are incredibly outrageous. If i were a new trader and purchased a service on this site by a vendor, expecting to be better off mentally and thought that it was going to help me trade for a living and i decided to leave my job and take my 401k assets and plunge them into the service and the market and I lose it all, i would sue the individual, the site, the sec, the cftc, finra, the United States Dept.of Anthropology, and everyone who I felt was responsible for allowing a vendor like that to make such outrageous claims and allowing it to go unchecked. In fact, if people came to these sites and got the dope on anything financially related, then we really wouldn't need the sec, the cftc, finra, or the dept of anthropology ti protect investors, traders, and the evolutionary ancestors of traders.

The worst part for me would be the fact that the vendor making the outrageous claims, if he is making outrageous claims, is being protected by this site since this site is being compensated by him.

I think this site is better off letting vendors know that if they make BS claims that they are going to get dragged through the mud and that getting dragged through the mud now is the best thing for all parties involved. If they don't agree to that, then they can take their BS elsewhere. Or, of course, we can go to another site that is not compensated by him and talk about him there.

MM

Let's set the record straight (again)

Nobody is banned at this time. The door is wide open. We've groveled and emailed and wooed, etc... went way overboard and come on, it was for a day.

Second, the "vendor" you reference is not paying us anything. We receive no compensation from who you mention, we're not protecting and we've never received a dime from him/them, etc... I know maybe it feels better to assume that and it looks more like some kind of conspiracy but I'll put it in clear virtual print and guarantee that this is simply not the case. Perhaps I wish there was some compensation after all this but there has been zero.

MMS

Thalestrader,

I find your comment insulting

I am an average member

I read this fantastic forum for knowledge

Without all us average members, you will be preaching to the seagulls

We need each other - with discipline

Kind regards

bob collett

Kiwi is far more important to this forum than the average member.

Best Wishes,

Thales, friend of Kiwi

Thalestrader,

I find your comment insulting

I am an average member

I read this fantastic forum for knowledge

Without all us average members, you will be preaching to the seagulls

We need each other - with discipline

Kind regards

bob collett

Who here considers bobcollett (or me, for that matter) equally as important to this forum as Kiwi (or thalestrader, for that matter)?

Okay guys. This is my take. You are ALL important and in fact ESSENTIAL to the community. Kiwi is generous and knowledgeable having been at TL for a good while now, but also bob is important too. After all, Kiwi was in Bob's position at one point!

Who here considers bobcollett (or me, for that matter) equally as important to this forum as Kiwi (or thalestrader, for that matter)?

To claim that one is better than the other is an admission that you lack the humility needed to succeed as a trader.

To feel that you are lesser of a trader than an other indicates that you do not understand yourself well enough yet.

To claim that one is better than the other is an admission that you lack the humility needed to succeed as a trader.

To feel that you are lesser of a trader than an other indicates that you do not understand yourself well enough yet.

I never claimed anyone was generally better or worse than anyone else.

I never spoke of anyone being a greater or lesser trader than anyone else (although of course I'm not ignorant to the fact that I am indeed likely not the greatest trader of all).

I was speaking purely of contribution/importance to this forum.