Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Mysticforex

MT4 Indicators

Schaff Trend Cycle:

Developed by Doug Schaff

Schaff is a pioneer in building technical forex trading tools, including automated trading systems.

His trading background includes stints as senior bank trader for Bankers Trust New York and Paris, and Chief dealer at Merrill Lynch Bank, where he established the Bank's currency options trading desk. He was the first person to trade a 10-year forex option.

Schaff_Trend.mq4

Here is an excellent Indicator for MACD fans.

At first I was under the impression that it is a proprietary indicator, but it is listed in this MT4 Indicators site, which is publicly available:

http://www.search4metatrader.com/index.php

You will have to register, but they are not asking for anything except your email address.

This indicator, which I have attached is available under "M" of course, and you will locate it on page 4 of the "M" directory.

By the way - I have found that the best setting for it are: 4 - 21 - 1 - 5

The default settings are 10 - 20 - 1 - 7, but these can be up to 5 candles/bars late in getting you into a move.

A bonus of using the MT4 site, is that the top downloads for the month/week/ever are listed on the front page, and I am sure you will find something there - even hard-to-find indies.

There are truly thousands of MT4 Indicators listed on this site, which does look like an official MT4 site. Bookmark it for the future.

Cheers

Macd with EMA BDv8_12_31.mq4

5aa7105ee97a2_GBPUSD4_H.thumb.JPG.211e9e20c38839b7cc387d5b706c5869.JPG

Schaff Trend Cycle:

Developed by Doug Schaff

Schaff is a pioneer in building technical forex trading tools, including automated trading systems.

His trading background includes stints as senior bank trader for Bankers Trust New York and Paris, and Chief dealer at Merrill Lynch Bank, where he established the Bank's currency options trading desk. He was the first person to trade a 10-year forex option.

Hi MysticForex

I have installed this indicator, and am wondering how you read it.

In the GBPUSD4H chart it is showing a dip currently, while price is holding up in a consolidation pattern.

Would I be correct in thinking that it is giving advance warning of a correction on that TF?

GBPUSD_4H.thumb.JPG.a12d20bd6c96c80b0c5b59ccd09f0218.JPG

Another indicator I regard as 'indispensable' is the Spudfyre Stochastic Thread indicator.

I have attached it as a template below, and it is fully customisable to fit your color scheme.

Because it is a template (sorry - I do not have it as .mq4 or .ex4) it can be used as your

basic chart, and add your usual favourite indicators to it as you build.

I have also attached the .pdf file giving an explanation of how to use it.

Please do not underestimate the value of this indicator. When price is consolidating, the "threads" (mtf stochastic)

will begin to form a fishnet pattern, warning you to close trades/not enter yet.

The other things to be aware of are:

1) Watch for the RED stochastic (which is the equivalent of the 14.3.3) to cross down through the 76.9 level.

This will indicate a very strong trend is underway. If all the "threads" of the "rope" are orderly, or even better - if they are

"tight" like a rope, and not "fraying" - you have a very strong indication of a good trend starting.

Similarly of course for the rallying kind of move, as the stochastic thread begins to rise from

underneath the 23.6 line.

I would also point out that the idea of the "overbought / oversold" stochastic, is a total myth.

There is no such condition as an overbought position regarding stochastic. In fact, when the stochastic is below

the 23.6 or above the 76.4 lines, some of the most powerful moves have occurred.

In my view, the trends really do NOT end, until that 14.3.3 stochastic (red) line actually crosses the 23.6 (rising)

or 76.4 (falling) levels.

Finally, in the construction of the Thread Stochastic, all of the %D Period values have been changed to "1".

This is so that the signal line does not appear in the final picture, and disrupt the appearance of the indicator group.

The Thread Stochastic is good for ANY TF, because of its nature, but if you really want to ring the register

use it in the 1H to 4H and Daily TF.

I hope you like it, and are able to profit from it.

Cheers

PS - Remember it is a .tpl and not an .mq4, so please place it in your "Templates" files and not your "Indicators"

You then access it from the "Templates" section of your MT4 chart, of course.

spudfyre stochastic.tpl

Spuds Stochastic Thread Theory.pdf

Forgot to attach an illustration of the Indicator.

Enjoy.

Mysticforex - I have been looking for this for some time - thank you.

I have not "unpacked it" yet, but I am sure it will prove to be useful.

I was looking at a version offered from another forum, but it required a 'key' from the creator of the software to allow it to remain active after 30 days.

The other thing is to be able to utilise this effectively - do you have any strategies to go with it?

Edited by Mysticforex

Mysticforex - I have been looking for this for some time - thank you.

I have not "unpacked it" yet, but I am sure it will prove to be useful.

I was looking at a version offered from another forum, but it required a 'key' from the creator of the software to allow it to remain active after 30 days.

The other thing is to be able to utilise this effectively - do you have any strategies to go with it?

No,

I searched for it to help out krish23456. The only place I was able to find Woodie's CCI was on a pay site. Apparently, the two are used in conjunction for a particular system.

No,

I searched for it to help out krish23456. The only place I was able to find Woodie's CCI was on a pay site. Apparently, the two are used in conjunction for a particular system.

OK Mysticforex

I have Woodies CCI for MT4 ... attached below.

Incidentally I may be able to obtain (legally) "almost" any MT4 indicator - even some custom and an occasional proprietary indicator.

Feel free to ask.

Cheers

Woodie CCI.mq4

Here are two indicators that may be of use.

You will not find these commonly around - they are part of the work of John Ehlers, who first introduced his brilliance to the public in his book: "Rocket Science for Traders".

The indicators below have been written for MT4 platforms, and I have also attached the .pdf for an explanation of their use.

I have the eBook if anyone would like a copy, but it is a bit large to upload here.

Ehlers Fisher transform histo.mq4

Ehlers Fisher transform.mq4

Inverse Fisher Transform of RSI.mq4

The Inverse Fisher Transform.pdf

Mr. Mysticforex,

How do you use the monicaradar2? Please explain. Thanks, Bee

It's a part of a discretionary trading methodology I use.

There are other things to take into consideration, but the "Monicaradar" ( I named it after the girl who programed it ), measures the Time, and Distance, that price has been away from the 800 SMA.

This indicator is the Stochastic RSI

It needs to be set to appropriate levels for it to be useful at all, so be sure you understand what it is that it is indicating.

You can find a valuable application of this indicator here: http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/trading-psychology/10158-optiontimers-project.html

Enjoy.

Stochastic_rsi_forex-instruments.mq4

Here is an excellent Indicator for MACD fans.

At first I was under the impression that it is a proprietary indicator, but it is listed in this MT4 Indicators site, which is publicly available:

Metatrader Search Engine

You will have to register, but they are not asking for anything except your email address.

This indicator, which I have attached is available under "M" of course, and you will locate it on page 4 of the "M" directory.

By the way - I have found that the best setting for it are: 4 - 21 - 1 - 5

The default settings are 10 - 20 - 1 - 7, but these can be up to 5 candles/bars late in getting you into a move.

A bonus of using the MT4 site, is that the top downloads for the month/week/ever are listed on the front page, and I am sure you will find something there - even hard-to-find indies.

There are truly thousands of MT4 Indicators listed on this site, which does look like an official MT4 site. Bookmark it for the future.

Cheers

Thanks for the link to the piracy website... NOT. I'm a bit taken back that TL would allow such a thing. Pity. I thought I found a respectable forum.

Here are some more indis as requested in the newbie thread, Mysticforex. I see you already have the Schaff Trend for market cycle identification, so I attached a mod Bressert which you may like better for the same purpose.

Fibocalc will give you dynamic fibo expansion levels based on whether the bid is trading > or < yesterday's open. It also prints automatic entry, stop, and 3 take profit target levels.

Candletime counts down time left to close within the current price bar (in text format right next to the candle).

RSI-TL is just that--an automatic trendline on RSI that runs in a separate indi window. Great for exiting, and not so great for entering. Current bar tends to jump around a bit.

Tanganjiwa is the old factory MT4 ZigZag indi, using hand-dots in lieu of lines to identify extremes. This is an improvement as the original ZigZag shows a line up for sell and a line down for buy. CAUTION: Heavily repaints! Play with inputs to slow it a bit. Try 20, 2, 3 on a 1 hour chart. Do not use as a lone indi without confirmation.

And finally, Mouteki, elsewhere known as _TDTL. It's an automatic on-chart trendline. Alerts, immediate horizontal support and resistance, and target (projection) levels can be toggled on/off. Good trading to you.

DSS Bressert_TRO_MODIFIED_VERSION.mq4

fibocalc_V31.mq4

CandleTime THV.mq4

RSI-TL.mq4

TanganJiwa.mq4

Mouteki.mq4

Here are some more range bar, renko bar, and flexible time chart generation EA's. Apply any one of these to a live M1 chart, and either an on-chart comment or an alert comment will tell you which offline chart to open (in MT4, File, Open Offline). Indis and EA's will function on the offline charts if coded to run on the current chart or, in the case of MTF indis, on other standard MT4 time frames. Good trading to you.

RenkoRangeBarsEA v1.2.mq4

RenkoLiveChart_v3.2.mq4

FlexiChart.pdf

FlexiChart_2.0.ex4 won't upload so you'll have to Google it. This forum does not support ex4 attachments. Also, for anyone not familiar with expert advisors the EA's in post#24 go in your experts folder, not your experts\indicators folder.

2 requests to the admin:

Please allow ex4 file types in attachements, and

Please allow users to edit their own previous posts.

Edited by RJo

Here are two indicators that may be of use.

You will not find these commonly around - they are part of the work of John Ehlers, who first introduced his brilliance to the public in his book: "Rocket Science for Traders".

The indicators below have been written for MT4 platforms, and I have also attached the .pdf for an explanation of their use.

I have the eBook if anyone would like a copy, but it is a bit large to upload here.

hey Ingot54, i would like a copy of the ebook you mentioned above. mail me at siddhantdesai.ca@gmail.com. Thanks.