Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Mysticforex

Traders Laboratory Forex Trading Contest!

BTW... were you Long or Short?

Long from 1.0256

SL = 1.0214

TP = 1.0297

Interesting that the spike that took me out bounced off the 30period EMA on 4H

Cheers

Ok, Need at least 5 contestants.

I will have to know by midnight Sunday, Match 27th in order to get things set up for an April Contest.

OK

This does not seem to be going to work by setting a starting date.

Can we instead begin setting up our demo trading accounts with OANDA, and proceed in a less structured way?

I am thinking that if we all do this, then it would be far easier to run a comp a bit later when more people are already following the progress of the beginners. Initially is need not be formal ... that is, we don't have to have a starting date as such. People can just report their progressive wins/losses.

I don't have a problem with people over/under-reporting wins/losses - cheating doesn't help their ability to trade. But we have to begin somewhere or this will never happen.

QUESTION:

Do we need to be registered as a sub /ac under Mysticforex (with OANDA) in order for the comp to be formalised?

This is all that is holding me back from setting up a demo a/c - the need to be linked to an "umpire" a/c.

If not, then I will go ahead and set-up my a/c this week.

So far we have:

Mysticforex

Ingot54

Pipsqueak

GlassOnion

StevenSJC

Forexnetworth

Others interested in joining should be able to simply register with OANDA, following confirmation from Mysticforex. Eventually we will have a large following here if we can simply begin.

No, there is no connection to me. Just set up a demo account (not their MT4, I don't think it's linked to the contests yet).

When I set up the contest, I will post a link to join on the thread.

No, there is no connection to me. Just set up a demo account (not their MT4, I don't think it's linked to the contests yet).

When I set up the contest, I will post a link to join on the thread.

Thanks Chris

Will set up tomorrow and have a play with their platform.

Hitting the sack here now - 10+ pips on AUDUSD ... but closed too soon!

I am going to start the FX Contest ! ( even if I am the only one ).

The Contest will run for 1 month, starting on Monday May 3rd, and ending Tuesday, May 31st. at midnight.

If you do not have an Oanda Demo account, you can get one at http://www.traderslaboratory.com/oanda

Once you have the Demo account, you can join the Contest at this link

https://fx2.oanda.com/mod_perl/fxcontest/fxcontest.pl?rm=contestDetails&contestId=1831

You have until May 3rd to play with it, familiarise yourself with it.

Very Important ! once the contest starts, DO NOT change/adjust your account balance. It will mess up your results and disqualify you.

Use your TL username as the Display name for the Contest. NO personal information about you will be displayed, or seen. The only thing we will see is your TL username, number of trades taken, percent of profit or loss, and maximum drawdown.

I usually like to impose a max drawdown rule of 5%. Since this is the first Contest, we won't have that.

Good Luck and Good Trading !

Any questions, ask away.

Edited by Mysticforex

I am going to start the FX Contest ! ( even if I am the only one ).

You have until May 3rd to play with it, familiarise yourself with it.

Very Important ! once the contest starts, DO NOT change/adjust your account balance. It will mess up your results and disqualify you.

I usually like to impose a max drawdown rule of 5%. Since this is the first Contest, we won't have that.

Good Luck and Good Trading !

Any questions, ask away.

I've registered my a/c and joined.

Bring it on!

5aa7106e3d329_Bringiton.jpg.eb6ebcf5648099faf45338c3fdeddfaf.jpg

5aa7106e41c3e_Bringiton2.jpg.dbb3af0d9c425c8bae313e61ccf2a5cc.jpg

Unfortunately I am unable to log in to my Oanda account.

I have emailed them for support.

All that is coming up is a little window that says:

"The OANDA FXGame Platform should appear in one or two minutes."

But I have had time to consume a cut lunch, and have tried logging in a couple of times over the past 30 minutes ... dead as the proverbial dodo!

I must be doing something wrong - would like to have these issues sorted out before opening a live Oanda account.

Cheers

Ok - problem solved.

I upgraded to the new version of F'Fox a few days ago, and now it is blocking my Oanda pop-up/java platform

I switched back to Internet Explorer just for the Oanda Platform, and Bob's your Uncle - working fine

Now to work out how to circumvent the F'Fox security switch!!

I missed an excellent short in USDCHF ... but might nail it if it pulls back

Ihad a login problem aswell until changed a password .Start trading had few pips on EURJPY when news about Bin Laden came out,Short at the moment AUDUSD-2lots from 1.09517.Can we trade gold in a contest?

Ihad a login problem aswell until changed a password .Start trading had few pips on EURJPY when news about Bin Laden came out,Short at the moment AUDUSD-2lots from 1.09517.Can we trade gold in a contest?

Yes, anything Oanda offers.

hi chris,i'm sorry for not participated at this forex contest.i don't saw the thread in time for signed.i hope that all you enjoied,will be for the next!

Nice to see I am finally leading a competition, somewhere, somehow ... :cool:

Closer scrutiny will reveal I am losing the least, after my first day trading the Oanda platform. :rofl:

I hope my moment in the sun is not short-lived ... I am actually testing a new system this month, and feel quite good about it.

I have to say it has been a couple of years since first road-testing the Oanda plat, and I forgot how smooth and fast it is. When compared to the MT4 platform I have been relying on for charting and demo trades for the past 6 years, the Oanda platform is a sports-car!

No requotes.

No delay.

The trade is entered faster than you can blink!

You get the price you clicked.

How are you other guys going ... happy with your trades?

Are you swing-trading, scalping, position trading?

No need to give away secrets ... heh heh ... but today I just took the signals ... except for a bit of news scalping.

I did make one huge error though. As I entered more trades, I did not notice that they dropped below the chart screen, and I forgot about them. By the time I noticed my a/c balance was severely in the red, and wondering where the losing pips were coming from, I had lost enough pips to not want to mention the number here! :crap: :angry:

Anyway - big lesson, and there are many trading days ahead.

Good luck to everyone.

Nice to see I am finally leading a competition, somewhere, somehow ... :cool:

Closer scrutiny will reveal I am losing the least, after my first day trading the Oanda platform. :rofl:

I hope my moment in the sun is not short-lived ... I am actually testing a new system this month, and feel quite good about it.

I have to say it has been a couple of years since first road-testing the Oanda plat, and I forgot how smooth and fast it is. When compared to the MT4 platform I have been relying on for charting and demo trades for the past 6 years, the Oanda platform is a sports-car!

No requotes.

No delay.

The trade is entered faster than you can blink!

You get the price you clicked.

How are you other guys going ... happy with your trades?

Are you swing-trading, scalping, position trading?

No need to give away secrets ... heh heh ... but today I just took the signals ... except for a bit of news scalping.

I did make one huge error though. As I entered more trades, I did not notice that they dropped below the chart screen, and I forgot about them. By the time I noticed my a/c balance was severely in the red, and wondering where the losing pips were coming from, I had lost enough pips to not want to mention the number here! :crap: :angry:

Anyway - big lesson, and there are many trading days ahead.

Good luck to everyone.

:crap:i read in late to this forex contest.:doh:i would liked to made it.i used mt4 platform and i liked too much because had many tools to use and no requotes.maybe the next time if i read in time.:doh:how many day have you again ?good luck.!!