Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

MadMarketScientist

Futures Broker Review

Hi Traders, please help us welcome Matt from Optimus Trading Group who is a recent advertiser with us on the site -- we like to support the advertisers who continue to make Traders Laboratory a 100% free resource for active traders....

www.optimusfutures.com

Optimus main choice for its feed is Rithmic and it fuels the majority of their platforms:

NinjaTrader SierraChart MultiCharts R|Trader

They have chosen this solution (Rithmic) because of it’s fast capability in execution and stability. They Also offer mac based solution, web based solutions and free trading applications. Please use this thread to ask him questions about any trading application they offer and their services in general.

Matt has agreed to answer any questions you may have about the datafeed, the various platforms, futures trading, etc...take advantage of his offer to help - he'll be answering here...

MMS

I appreciate the warm welcome. :helloooo:

As a company we cater to independent self directed traders who seek to make their own decision, but also rely on sold stable platforms, fast execution and unfiltered data where you can see each tick on your charts. Our choice of platforms for traders is based on objectivity while taking experience and technical familiarity into consideration.

if you need some assistance with choosing the right online trading application, please fill out the this form: Online Commodity & Futures Trading, Future Option Commodities

our second nature of services is feared towards automated trading of systems where we run systems for customers that they build on their own or we recommend a 3rd party service suitable to one's risk tolerance and capital. Automated Trading Strategies - Systems Trading, Swing Trading Systems and Day Trading

Ok, this was my little "promo", but going forward I want to answer general and/or technical by nature.

Matt

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading.

Hi Matt, what is your comparison of Optimus vs. TT or Infinity Futures. Thanks.

--

Tim Racette

EminiMind.com

I would prefer not to discuss in this thread other brokers, as I am sure as each brokerage has a dedicated group of people working hard to earn their customers trading business. As far as TT, I hear that they are a good data feed.

Having said all that, let me speak directly about Rithmic’s solution as a data feed and why we have implemented it. The cost of the infrastructure was reasonable, and so the cost of connectivity is reasonable as well. Rithmic operates and integrates with ease with each of the major platforms, such as NinjaTrader, SierraChart and Multichart (free edition).

This is a low latency solution with unfiltered data used by small hedge funds and prop shops. We feel that speed in execution, seeing all the data on the charts, and the stability of data feed are the essentials when a traders executes his/her methodology. If a person uses a number of platforms with Rithmic he can see orders across a number of platforms at the same time. Lastly, anyone who is using Rithmic could be provided with a FREE platform along side any platform called R|Trader. For example, you can use NinjaTrader or MultiCharts for charting while executing on R|Trader. R|Trader keeps it’s contingent orders on its own servers, so if your computer crashes your contingent orders are still held. Most of our customers are using NinjaTrader for charting and some are start to use R|Trader for execution and their risk management.

We also use CQG for our web based solutions and MAC based trading.

In the final analysis, I guess only those who have used a data feed side by side, will be able to determine whether what is better for them.

I hope this helps.

Matt

Question....with the support of several platforms such as Ninja, Sierra, etc... was curious which platform you've seen has been the most popular choice.

Maybe even breaking that down by forex traders and futures traders. Could be a difference I'd imagine - -though I'm assuming you'd mostly speak to the futures crowd.

I've used both platforms, and only demoed MC so have my opinion but curious what you see.

Question....with the support of several platforms such as Ninja, Sierra, etc... was curious which platform you've seen has been the most popular choice.

Maybe even breaking that down by forex traders and futures traders. Could be a difference I'd imagine - -though I'm assuming you'd mostly speak to the futures crowd.

I've used both platforms, and only demoed MC so have my opinion but curious what you see.

I would say that NinjaTrader is our most popular choice because they were the ones that we brought on board first, gained familiarity with them and their wonderful tech support has always been helpful.

We don't do Forex because we prefer to go through a regulated exchange.

Multichart is a solid application with very good capabilities, especially with their new free version and the DOM that has integrated strategies in it. If that is your choice of platform, make sure you learn it inside and out to learn all its capabilities.

I am becoming more familiar with them and they seem to be very popular amongst guys who need automation and the capability of reading easy language.

I hope I was helpful, and wanted to end on the note that you have to choose what is right for you, and we can always help you make that decision.

Hi mattz,

With the Rithmic feed, do you know of any other platforms which would support it? Also, what is the historical data like?

You can use Rithmic on: NinjaTrader, Multicharts,R|Trader,SierraChart,TradeNavigator,RT Investor, and Market Delta.

As far as historical Rithmic does not provide back fill data more than a month.

For Ninja I recommend Kinetick

For Multicharts, I recommend DTN/IQ Feed

You can use Rithmic on: NinjaTrader, Multicharts,R|Trader,SierraChart,TradeNavigator,RT Investor, and Market Delta.

As far as historical Rithmic does not provide back fill data more than a month.

For Ninja I recommend Kinetick

For Multicharts, I recommend DTN/IQ Feed

Upon further research it has come to my attention that NinjaTrader along with Rithmic does provide several years of Tick and Minute Data. They were able to provide this info within a 30 second email reply which just shows their commitment to brokers and customers alike in terms of customers service. While many software companies come and go,these guys realize the importance of supporting their current group of customers.

Kinetick is also available for those who want a dedicated market data service which scrubs the data, removes bad ticks and other items to insure the best data possible is provided to the user.

Kinetick also supports other markets besides futures for data.

We have recently started to offer hosting solutions for traders.

we will provide you with a one week trial to test our services

This would apply to funded counts only.

The combination of the RIthmic data feed we supply long with this hosting solution should provide a good combination for those who seek low latency solutions.

Please at the prices for hosting here

Hosted NinjaTrader by Optimus Futures

Matt

Hi Matt,

If I trade with optimus futures through NinjaTrader, do I have to pay for the Rithmic datafeed?

Could you lay out some of the costs per month I would expect to pay? i.e. platform fees, data feed fees, etc.

Thanks!

Hi Matt,

If I trade with optimus futures through NinjaTrader, do I have to pay for the Rithmic datafeed?

Could you lay out some of the costs per month I would expect to pay? i.e. platform fees, data feed fees, etc.

Thanks!

Hello @IWillSurvive (and I hope you will :) )

There are no charges per se for the data feed of Rithmic, they will be included in the commissions when you do trade.

Ninja trader has its own cost and depending on the package you choose you will pay them directly.