Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Which products do you/do you intend to trade mainly?  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Which products do you/do you intend to trade mainly?

• Agriculture
    • Energy
    • Equities
    • Equity Index
    • FX
    • Interest Rate
    • Metals
    • Other

Hi, i'm a new member and i just wanted to say a quick hello.

To give you an idea of my background, i worked professionally in the interbank market for many years, as an FX broker, predominantly in Spot, but also in OTC Options for a while.

I used to handle orders for the major banks and institutions.

I left the market some years ago, but still retain my love of the markets,and decided to try trading about 18 months ago. I've looked at most of the main methods out there, but settled on a couple that seemed logical.

Look forward to intracting on the forums. I should point out that despite previously being a broker,this does not however give any tangible advantage, when trading.I'm in the same boat as everybody else.

regards

looking forward to the input from someone who has worked on the interbank market, and I love the quote you make that you are in the same boat as everyone else.......not what the conspiracy theorists like to hear, but I am sure you have some good stories to tell.

Stories to tell? I could make your ears burn lol.

There is no conspiracy in the markets, thats just ignorant losing traders looking for an excuse or somebody else to blame.

From what i see, most people on these type of forums have absolutely no idea of how the markets work. Brokers don't go hunting stop losses, the big boys are not out to screw you, the market is a completely level playing field.

However, if you try to apply completely artificial concepts to a real market, then you are likely to struggle.

just my two tuppence worth.

cheers

Thanks for the welcome.

I've noticed you are both active posters, i look forward to contributing.

You'll probably know this, but where do i post my trades and charts?

As of tonight, i'm short Sugar @ 20.25, s/l 21.09, 1st t/p 19.30, 2nd t/p 19.00

Short aud/nz @ 1.2673 , s/l 1.2710, 1st t/p 1.2600, 2nd t/p 1.2570.Crap trade, forgot the massive spread.

Sods law both will probably go offside, but there they are, better than hindsight trading.There are many experts trading that method.

regards

Thanks for the welcome.

I've noticed you are both active posters, i look forward to contributing.

You'll probably know this, but where do i post my trades and charts?

As of tonight, i'm short Sugar @ 20.25, s/l 21.09, 1st t/p 19.30, 2nd t/p 19.00

Short aud/nz @ 1.2673 , s/l 1.2710, 1st t/p 1.2600, 2nd t/p 1.2570.Crap trade, forgot the massive spread.

Sods law both will probably go offside, but there they are, better than hindsight trading.There are many experts trading that method.

regards

You can post them how ever you like.

You might like to either start your own thread, or help contibute to those threads whereby you trade similarly.

Unless you wish to busy yourself with pre trade ideas or trying to post while trading, then its all going to be hindsight. IMHO it does not matter in such forums as its the ideas and style that is of value and what any other person may learn from that.

Often hindsight trades are valuable. (people have to learn themselves IMHO - having someone feed them live trades does not necessarily help - there is more to it than that)

if you post a bunch of hindsight trades without much of a reason, or as a salesman then you may find the rule of the mob becomes heavy handed - but thats up to you.

you will find your own way to contribute.

Hi bobby,welcome.Can we ask what you did in the period between broker and trading your own account,and what has the last 18 months been like? Also something about your trading style?

Hello mitsubishi, i had numerous business interests in relation to property, which can give very good percentage yields.

regarding the last 18 months, they have been ok. The way i trade is very simplistic, orientated towards R:R. I think the point you are getting at, is that trends have become less apparent, with increased volatility due to the financial woes. I don't trade trends per se,although i keep an eye on the immediate daily trend when entering trades, so there has been little impact on my bottom line.

Regarding my trading style, see my thread.It should be obvious. If it's not, please just ask.Retail traders, whether they are trading a 100 quid, a 1000 quid, a 10000 quid, or even a 100000 quid account, will not move the market.

Most traders have no clue about the real market. 100's of millions is what you need, to impact price, and that can only sustain a short move.

Hope this makes sense.

regards

Well what do you know?

Day 4 and still my posts are mod referred.

Micky mouse bollox.

I posted 4 trades,with charts, 3 closed out for an average of 5:1 R:R. the other still in play and up.

This is why retail traders lose money, they are relying on complete muppets to regulate the forums.

I'm off.

Check the trades on the short lived tread, there's enough info there to become profitable

All the best traders..

Hi everyone. I've been trading on and off for about 3 years now, although I have only recently become serious about it. I started in options and had no trading rules (or knowledge) to speak of. I got very lucky at first and then had my fortunes quickly turn in the "Flash Crash" of May 2010. Since then, I've been focusing on learning about global markets, psychology, and basic trading strategies. My degree is in mathematics, so I'm also learning more about backtesting data and performing statistical analysis using R and Matlab.

I look forward to participating in the community here.

Hi everyone. I've been trading on and off for about 3 years now, although I have only recently become serious about it. I started in options and had no trading rules (or knowledge) to speak of. I got very lucky at first and then had my fortunes quickly turn in the "Flash Crash" of May 2010. Since then, I've been focusing on learning about global markets, psychology, and basic trading strategies. My degree is in mathematics, so I'm also learning more about backtesting data and performing statistical analysis using R and Matlab.

I look forward to participating in the community here.

Hi Rachael. Welcome to TL! It's good to see you've committed to your trading now as I'm sure you are now well aware, the market finds out very quickly those who are not. Sounds like you have a great skill set to advance your trading and I look forward to your contributions to the forums!

Hello all,

My name is Rob and I've been meaning to get serious about trading for a long time. I have experience trading equities and I've recently begun doing some technical analysis, but don't have much experience with it.

Hello all,

My name is Rob and I've been meaning to get serious about trading for a long time. I have experience trading equities and I've recently begun doing some technical analysis, but don't have much experience with it.

Welcome to TL Rob! Lots and lots and lots to learn on techs here at TL. Word of advice though. Find a method you feel comfortable with then work on yourself ;)