Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Which products do you/do you intend to trade mainly?  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Which products do you/do you intend to trade mainly?

• Agriculture
    • Energy
    • Equities
    • Equity Index
    • FX
    • Interest Rate
    • Metals
    • Other

Hi. I'm new here but trading for a while. I trade FX, metals and indices. Looking forward to improve my trading knowledge by the ideas shared here.

Hi, I am from Indonesia. I like forex trading and now I think forex is my life. I trade in some brokers. In my opinion by trading in some brokers, I will know their advantages and then select the best. I can share here or by mail. 

Hi everyone!

Donald is here, and I'm very excited to be a part of this whole thing. Just recently started learning and trading, so not yet a professional, but lets give it some time I say! I am very passionate about the things I do or did in the past, and hopefully that won't be my fault in this experience. Also every suggestion is welcome!

On 5/15/2018 at 5:24 AM, Buchi said:

Hello Guys , i am new on forex, is there any content or video that you have that can help me out

Hi, I am learning from Earn2Trade. They have a nice collection of videos, quizzes, etc and not on an absurd price.

22 hours ago, Donald said:

Hi, I am learning from Earn2Trade. They have a nice collection of videos, quizzes, etc and not on an absurd price.

Hey Donald,

I think I'm kinda looking for something like them. I checked their website, but still not sure. Can you tell me some more about how they work?

On 6/6/2018 at 9:57 AM, Jason Solomon said:

Hey Donald,

I think I'm kinda looking for something like them. I checked their website, but still not sure. Can you tell me some more about how they work?

Well, their package has a bunch of video lessons. After the lessons you get quizzes which I like a lot, because you can test yourself if you just watched them or you actually understood them :D So far I haven't really used their other services, but one step at a time. Will let you know about more when I get there. Videos are high quality by the way, and very educational.

On 08/06/2018 at 5:09 PM, Donald said:

Well, their package has a bunch of video lessons. After the lessons you get quizzes which I like a lot, because you can test yourself if you just watched them or you actually understood them :D So far I haven't really used their other services, but one step at a time. Will let you know about more when I get there. Videos are high quality by the way, and very educational.

Thanks Donald, I really appreciate any information. At their website, they mention private mentoring sessions and webinars too. Have you tried any of them?

Not the webinars, but I had one mentoring session so far and it was pretty good I can say. Made me understand a lot more about the markets and they pointed me into the right direction. It was worth it for sure.

Hello, my name is Brian. I have been a small time buy and hold investor for about 20 years or so. I began with a mutual fund. I watched the price go up or down again quarterly, and never knew what I should do about that. Live and learn. I have been trading in stocks and ETF's for the last 7 years or so, with some success, in that " Hall of Mirrors" known as the stock market.  I have recently become interested in the idea of actively trading, which for me means weekly/biweekly short term positions, using fundamental analysis, market/economic information and advisors ratings as guides as to what to purchase and when.  I want to use short timing to increase my current income, and I am hatching an idea to do this and not to give up my day job. With some skepticism, I would say  am a devotee of Warren Buffet, as I have read several of his books.

On 24/06/2018 at 3:48 AM, BBBBrian_1 said:

Hello, my name is Brian. I have been a small time buy and hold investor for about 20 years or so. I began with a mutual fund. I watched the price go up or down again quarterly, and never knew what I should do about that. Live and learn. I have been trading in stocks and ETF's for the last 7 years or so, with some success, in that " Hall of Mirrors" known as the stock market.  I have recently become interested in the idea of actively trading, which for me means weekly/biweekly short term positions, using fundamental analysis, market/economic information and advisors ratings as guides as to what to purchase and when.  I want to use short timing to increase my current income, and I am hatching an idea to do this and not to give up my day job. With some skepticism, I would say  am a devotee of Warren Buffet, as I have read several of his books.

Welcome here Brian,
As a devotee of W.B. I can only say "Never depend on a single income. Make investment to create a second source." 

Hi,

My story may sound familar to anyone with software development background.

I'm an experienced software engineer with 20+ years in the market, mostly trading my own products. Unemployeable since 2003, when I launched my first successful venture.

I came into the market with an idea of becoming a consistently profitable trader in few weeks, then develop some tools for personal use which may become great products over time. But I soon found that I can't be a trader and a software developer at the same time. Trading is about earning screen time but I always missed every hour without coding.

I almost gave up, when I got support from active traders I met along the way. The solution was to focus on what I'm good at. Not trying to become a trader but rather developing products for other traders. It seems like a failure but it was the answer for me personally.

I'm still at the beginning of the journey, my first product (Forex Simulator) isn't perfect yet but it's evolving really fast. I hope to make it the best product on the market in the next 3-6 months.

I came here to learn from successful traders, to help them make their work more effective, profitable and fun. It will be great to get any feedback: ideas, suggestions, feature requests and bug reports.

I can also help others who are following the same route. With my 20+ years in software business there is a lot to share.

6 minutes ago, Donald said:

Hello, and welcome to the forum! The app seems to be nice, I will give it a go sometime soon.

Thank you!

I plan to add automated backtesting after I research competing products in the next 1-2 weeks, better wait a bit to get a better first impression :)

By the way, the amount of interesting and valuable information here is outstanding. I wonder why there almost are no active threads. When I read the forum and see something interesting or worth discussing, I just look at 2008 or 2012 as a date of post to remember that I'm not a necroposter. So, I just wandering around, reading it carefully and liking posts :) 

floridafan

I am just beginning to trade with a goal of becoming proficient over time through knowledge and practice. I have read: How I made 2 Million Dollars in the Stock Market; How to Make Money in Stocks; Invest like the Best; The Complete Idiots Guide to Technical Analysis; and a few others within the past few weeks. I am currently working through Market Wizards. I subscribed to Value Line including their Analyzer, Investors Business Daily and utilize Worden's TC2000.

I am having difficulty trying to utilize these tools to effectively locate stocks with recognizable buy points. A recent purchase was SBUX on 7/11 expecting it to work back towards its 55-56 price point.

Edited by floridafan
Adding info

7 hours ago, Emma Bunton said:

Hi traders, how are you? I am just joined here. The community looks beautiful, easy and good structure. 

yea

a good forum with great users