Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Which products do you/do you intend to trade mainly?  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Which products do you/do you intend to trade mainly?

• Agriculture
    • Energy
    • Equities
    • Equity Index
    • FX
    • Interest Rate
    • Metals
    • Other

Hey, I know how you feel, I've been in your position about 6 months ago. Whats really important is self-confidence and strive to earn money.

Try to focus full time, watch these youtube videos and join forums which will help!!!, You will come across mistakes, bad investments and other problems in your way, everyone does.

What I found helpful when I started out was just buying small amounts and then re-investing the money right away that I made.

When I made the same amount of money I invested at the beginning and then continued with the money that I already made on the platform.

Another thing that helped me to start out was this Programm (TradeMiner). My friend recommended it to me. I didn't really believe him at first because the website and the program look dated like it's out of the 2008's. But then he showed me how the system works and I Decided to try it out for myself, I bought the package and I haven't regretted it. The thing chose the time and right investments that I should invest in. It worked both for Stocks and Forex, There were minimal failures and 85% of the time I made money. In the first week if using the app I increased my profit by 200% and by the end of the month I was making more than 5k $. Hope you all are on a way to becoming future millionaires and have a good time trading.

George T.

Hi guys 

My name is Varghese and I'm. New to trading. I'm currently attending a course on FX trading and am keen to participate and learn from the collective experience on this forum. 

I have limited investing experience in equity and crypto but want to develop my skills in trading to a point that I could actually be considered a  Professional. 

Edited by Boney Varghese
Small. Changes

Hey guys! I've been reading a lot of books from the library since February regarding investing. Watched a few YouTube videos but I think I prefer books. Decided not too long ago to try day trading so I will start reading up on that in particular. I have yet to trade a single stock. I still don't know how. However, I'm going to try those simulator things online for maybe a few months before spending real money. Also thinking of joining a day trader meet up club so I can meet more people to discuss this with. :)

I'm 29 years old right now. Wish I started when I was younger but better late than never!

Edited by AlliSinz

I recommend you take your time. Even with a PhD in stats it'll take you a long while to figure out how to make money trading. There are many people who will happily charge you for the pleasure of listening to them. They sound convincing but until you know how to assess accurately what they say don't believe them.

-- DM

13 hours ago, AlliSinz said:

Hey guys! I've been reading a lot of books from the library since February regarding investing. Watched a few YouTube videos but I think I prefer books. Decided not too long ago to try day trading so I will start reading up on that in particular. I have yet to trade a single stock. I still don't know how. However, I'm going to try those simulator things online for maybe a few months before spending real money. Also thinking of joining a day trader meet up club so I can meet more people to discuss this with. :)

I'm 29 years old right now. Wish I started when I was younger but better late than never!

AlliSinz, Welcome.  I wish the following seemed more welcoming - but it is harsh in the interest of real.  There is a whole industry at work to put you in a trance oscillating right there in the ‘pareto’ (/ aka distribution) at the cusp of loser and surviving.   The stats are against you.  The path you’re on will likely result in moving you to even lower ‘stats’... I do not want you to be a loser. 

If you are going to Trade, why read books about Investing?  (The T and I words are NOT synonyms - especially internally in your brains.)

Re: “spending real money”  Spending?  Try Risking.  (The Spending and Risking words are NOT synonyms - especially internally in your brains.)

re: “Decided not too long ago to try day trading so I will start reading up on that in particular. I have yet to trade a single stock. I still don't know how... I'm 29 years old right now. Wish I started when I was younger but better late than never!”

Those sentences tell me at 29 you still may not  be “old” enough to become a trader . 

Re: “I still don't know how” ??? Bullsht !!! You do know how.  You look for a ‘stock’ * where the amount at risk is offset by a sufficient potential and you place a dam market order to buy the stock.  If it succeeds, you sell and go to the next trade.  If it gets stopped out, you sell and go on to the next trade. 

(*And, btw, if you are going to day trade, you will learn much quicker if you go directly to leveraged instruments...)

“Study long.  Study wrong”

If you want to start yourself even lower in the pareto than you already are, just keep ‘studying’... 

If you want to move yourself even further down the pareto than that, get on the fkn simulator train like all the other losers.  But, if you really want to move yourself up the pareto, open a real account and make real trades and learn about real trading and the real you.  Then you will discover what you what you really need to learn and what you need to change.  When you have DISCOVERED AND really KNOW those things, THEN read specific books, watch specific tubes, etc and TRAIN on simulator related to the methods you are best suited for.

dangermouse's post was good but I disagree on one point.  Do not "take your time".  Instead, "fail forward as fast as possible"  !

all the best,

zdo

Edited by zdo

10 minutes ago, zdo said:

AlliSinz, Welcome.  I wish the following seemed more welcoming - but it is harsh in the interest of real.  There is a whole industry at work to put you in a trance oscillating right there in the ‘pareto’ (/ aka distribution) at the cusp of loser and surviving.   The stats are against you.  The path you’re on will likely result in moving you to even lower ‘stats’... I do not want you to be a loser. 

If you are going to Trade, why read books about Investing?  (The T and I words are NOT synonyms - especially internally in your brains.)

Re: “spending real money”  Spending?  Try Risking.  (The Spending and Risking words are NOT synonyms - especially internally in your brains.)

re: “Decided not too long ago to try day trading so I will start reading up on that in particular. I have yet to trade a single stock. I still don't know how... I'm 29 years old right now. Wish I started when I was younger but better late than never!”

Those sentences tell me at 29 you still may not  be “old” enough to become a trader . 

Re: “I still don't know how” ??? Bullsht !!! You do know how.  You look for a ‘stock’ * where the amount at risk is offset by a sufficient potential and you place a dam market order to buy the stock.  If it succeeds, you sell and go to the next trade.  If it gets stopped out, you sell and go on to the next trade. 

(*And, btw, if you are going to day trade, you will learn much quicker if you go directly to leveraged instruments...)

If you want to start yourself even lower in the pareto than you already are, just keep ‘studying’... 

If you want to move yourself even further down the pareto than that, get on the fkn simulator train like all the other losers.  But, if you really want to move yourself up the pareto, open a real account and make real trades and learn about real trading and the real you.  Then you will discover what you what you really need to learn and what you need to change.  When you have DISCOVERED AND really KNOW those things, THEN read specific books, watch specific tubes, etc and TRAIN on simulator related to the methods you are best suited for.

dangermouse's post was good but I disagree on one point.  Do not "take your time".  Instead, "fail forward as fast as possible"  !

all the best,

zdo

As I said there are many who offer advice. Don't believe any of it until you've figured out how to evaluate advice - and don't believe this because I've said it but believe it because you've yourself understood it to be true. There's a good section on that in Rampaging Bulls.

Bon chance.

-- DM

1 hour ago, dangermouseb said:

I recommend you take your time. Even with a PhD in stats it'll take you a long while to figure out how to make money trading. There are many people who will happily charge you for the pleasure of listening to them. They sound convincing but until you know how to assess accurately what they say don't believe them.

-- DM

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks

36 minutes ago, zdo said:

all the best,

zdo

I know that investing and trading are different. I only started reading books on investing and later realized that I might be into day trading. That's why I wrote that I would start looking into day trading in particular. I only wanted to try simulator for a few months (maybe like 3) and not much more. I know that spending the money is a risk. I'm only trying to spend an amount I'm comfortable with losing monthly because I know I'm going to make mistakes. It's the mistakes and failures that I'm looking forward to so I can learn from them or try to find ways to improve. I'm basically trying to make my mistakes early. I don't think a few months of simulator is too terrible. No one is going to expect to be good at day trading from a simulator.

“advising someone to follow their beliefs” ... “advising someone not to take advice”

Rather than reply directly to dangermouse’s post, I’ll just rant...

Re: “advising someone to follow their beliefs”

Belief is what you do when you don’t know.  Before advising someone to follow their beliefs it’s best to make certain they really see them for what they are and know how to move on through them in the brains AND in their co-locations in the body.  Otherwise, all you are doing is facilitating the development of a specialized personal insanity, helping them get better at falling back on beliefs than at falling  /  “failing” forward out of them, aiding the typical attempts to migrate their beliefs about production and service work over into the realm of performance work (not a good plan btw).  Anyone reading this is at a fork in the road, more accurately, is at a quantum - either stay in the ‘voice of trading’ world of attempting to manipulate the ‘powers’ and ‘limits’ of beliefs OR make the jump to clearing beliefs from your functioning completely.

“advising someone not to take advice”

Everybody is attempting to hypnotize you.  EVERYBODY.   You cannot not ‘take advice’ (and you also can’t not give it).  The whole world, the educational system ( here specifically the ‘voice of trading’), and the markets themselves are all trying to hypnotize you.   Advice:  apply awareness - not more hypnotism aka beliefs. 

I do appreciate the intentions to warn noobs away from the ‘voice of trading’s’ traps.  However, my  whole previous post from 4/12 was basically ‘advising’ AlliSinz  and other noobs to “find your own way” - to stop looking for advice and to get direct experience.  ... This is only about the 34th time I’ve posted about  ”find your own way”.  If you like, simply copy and paste ”find your own way” (with the quotes) into the site search box above to see.

All the best ... from the worst dam TL poster ever,

zdo

On 4/12/2018 at 11:54 AM, AlliSinz said:

... It's the mistakes and failures that I'm looking forward to so I can learn from them or try to find ways to improve. I'm basically trying to make my mistakes early. I don't think a few months of simulator is too terrible. No one is going to expect to be good at day trading from a simulator.

For most ‘voice of trading’ agents this finding is counterintuitive, however while observing over 2000 noobs since ’85, a strange stat emerged.  Those who traded real from the beginning have a higher survival rate than those who paper traded / practiced on a simulator at the beginning.  This is certainly not to claiming all those in the ‘real’ group  survived... and there were many in that ‘real’ group that actually should have practiced in sim some.  I'm also not assuming or asserting the difference btn ‘real’ and ‘sim’n behavior patterns were the determinants of success either... those who were able to go ‘real’ out the gate may have come in more ready along vision, virtues, fears, dealing with uncertainty scales, etc and etc.  Still, the stat is significant

... and btw, the best results came from the few cases that got grounded in ‘real’ from the beginning, then sequenced in focused method specific training on sim to hone their skills.  ... just something to consider... hth

Edited by zdo

Hello everyone!

I am very new to this forum. I find this forum really interesting because of the community here is really active and they respond to the thread accordingly. I am really excited to share you guys my thoughts, knowledge, and experience in trading. Happy trading everyone! :) 

Hello. Welcome to this forum. This forum is one of the best forum fo your sharing your ideas, questions or regarding any thing else. This forum is an excellent platform for learning about trading ang its trends. If you have any questions or any thoughts on your mind, share it with this forum.

Im a beginner trader and just wanted to say hi. Ive bin trading with a real account for about 6 months now strictly in stocks. Practiced on a simulated account for about a year off and on and i must say the difference is like black and white, I did far better on my simulated account. Hoping for better times ahead.