Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Which products do you/do you intend to trade mainly?  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Which products do you/do you intend to trade mainly?

• Agriculture
    • Energy
    • Equities
    • Equity Index
    • FX
    • Interest Rate
    • Metals
    • Other

I'm glad to be a part of this community. As an individual trader I focus on mid-cap/large-cap stocks on the NYSE/NASDAQ exchanges. I am an INTJ (Myers-Briggs personality profile) and I was diagnosed with Quants syndrome at an early age (lol). As a result, I analyze and rank about 2,000 stocks a week using proprietary analytics. I look forward to some engaging discussion on market, sector & price/volume analytics!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A wise man can see more from the bottom of a well than a fool can from a mountaintop.

Often we hear the phrases “Forex trading or trading in Forex,” yet not many persons out there understand the meaning of these terms. Since we live in a global economy, there is a pressing need for us to trade globally and therefore countries establish mutual grounds to create and enhance successful trading.

What is Forex Trading?

Forex trading is actually trading in foreign currencies. The word Forex is short for foreign exchange; and so Forex trading takes place in different currencies around the world. To facilitate economic growth in a nation, most countries change their money to invest in tourism, commerce and a variety of other lucrative ventures.

Usually investment and commercial banks trade currencies as a service to their clients. However, since technology boom, traders have begun to trade currencies using the internet and this practice is becoming more popular for business people who may not want to wait in line at the bank. A company that many traders are turning to in order to help them become successful traders is Prime Trade. This online Forex trading company is suitable to both beginners and experienced traders alike because they try to see to it that everyone gets the attention they need in order for them to excel. To find them online please visit www.primetrade.com.tr. To read or browse the site in English just click on the translate button stationed at the top far right hand corner.

Ways in which Forex trading can help traders

As an hedge: Companies conducting business in other countries stand a great risk of losing value in their currency because of dollar fluctuations in the market. During buying and selling of goods and services, currencies change hands and so to facilitate easy transactions a decided currency has to be used. Established foreign exchange markets have to decide on a way to fix rates so that future transactions can still take place. Therefore, exchange markets have to hedge rates so that traders can do business buying and selling currencies. To buy or sell currencies in the futures market, traders must decide to engage in the swap or forward markets if they are to accomplish their goal. Once traders decide which market is most suitable, the bank will do their part by settling on a rate and thus causing each trader to diminish the risk of his or her company.

For speculation purpose: Since countries often change in their supply and demand factors like trade flows, tourism, interest rates, geo political risk and economic trends, traders often take advantage of these changes by buying or selling a currency in the event that the same currency bought or sold will produce a profit.

As an asset: One way by which traders who are trading in Forex currencies can realize a profit is by earning interest on their money when they are trading. They can either buy currency at a lower price and sell it back at a higher amount or sell currencies at a higher price than they bought them. This type of trading is looked at as “gaining value in the rate of exchange.”

Are there any risks involved in Forex trading?

Some Forex traders see it a problem to trust the decision of the interbank market because of unregulated problems carried out by them in the past. The interbank market is a mixture of many banks conducting trading business globally. Traders in each bank must determine the type of credit risk they want to undertake in order to both serve their clients and make a profit for the bank. To help banks to keep proper records as well as to protect themselves, the banks depend on an internal auditing system. In addition, banks follow strict regulations laid down in the industry to help them stay on the right tract concerning their clients.

Since trillions of dollars must pass through the banks during regular trading, it is impossible for a single bank to influence the trading process. Since Forex trading depends heavily on demand and supply, in order to influence the price mechanism there has to be a concentration of a group of banks to bring this about.

Leaders in the industry are working together to establish an Electronic Communication Network (ECN) so that pricing can become more clear to all involved. This move will allow traders in the retail market to take advantage of competitive pricing.

To minimize a trader’s risk, he or she is better off doing business through a Forex bank rather than through a broker. The reason for this is that banks must adhere to certain regulations placed down by the industry they are doing business in, while on the other hand rules that a Forex broker must follow are not so stringent. Take for example some

Forex brokers who re-quote prices to customers in the hope of making bigger commissions. In addition, there are also brokers who practice unethical methods by trading against their own clients.

Though Forex trading might seem a challenge at first, beginner traders can still grasp the art of it and eventually become successful traders. The sky can be the limit when trading and all it takes is a bit of determination and patience to get the job done well.

Hi all. I am a new kid on the block who is looking forward to learning all about trading. Hope this site will help me gain knowledge so that I can become a success.

Welcome Lancelot. The best wat to learn is to ask questions.

Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Chris (31 years old) and trading options is my game. I'm extremely new (only at it for about 3 months) and hungry for knowledge. I got into trading options because my best friend has been doing it for about 8 years and he figured it was time I started making some money like him. I opened a paper account at TOS and before I knew it was trading for real. My first mistakes were bad exits, coupled with too big of trades (greed) and my next mistakes were jumping the gun and buying calls that never had a breakout. Long story short, I've blown up my trading account to the tune of 70%. At this point I've relegated myself to strictly paper trading while learning as much as I can...so here I am :)

Hi Traders

I'm pleased to find this site following the recommendation of Rande Howell at Tradersstateof mind. It seems like a breath of fresh air in the quagmire surrounding the trading community.

I have traded FX for several years before finally recognizing the seriousness of the "headgame" aspect. Every year, my estimate of the psychology component has increased and finally, I am addressing the issue with Rande.

The account balance is the only barometer of any worth, regardless of how we justify our performance (but I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here).

Good to be here.

Hey guys, this is my frist forum i registered with that is all about trading. Im not an experienced trader and I have been looking at trading tutorials and videos on the web. I know the market isn't a get-rich-quick scheme but Im hoping i can make some big money from it.

Hi there. I just registered a few days ago and would like to ask for help. I recently wrote a post but I have not seen it appear on Google or any of the serach engines.

Can someone please tell me how to get my posts on Google by using Traders laboratory platform?

Thanks.

Hi there. I just registered a few days ago and would like to ask for help. I recently wrote a post but I have not seen it appear on Google or any of the serach engines.

Can someone please tell me how to get my posts on Google by using Traders laboratory platform?

Thanks.

Hi there,

You can't because your post is highly advertising and we're not allowing that here on TL, as you very well know, so I am not allowing it.

Either remove any link/advertising material, or go through our Advertising department, or not waiting for the post to appear.

All the best.

TW

Hi my name is William Paquet

- I am a disabled Veteran with huge dreams :)

I run dailyswingtrades.com and offer many free webinars. My current one is how to turn $100 into a million in 5 years using the market.

I also moderate classes for Tradesmartu.com.

I have been trading for 8 years now any questions feel free to message me :)

Hello. I've been trading for a few years now. I enjoy having a forum to bounce ideas off other traders and let them bounce theirs off me. I was a VIP member of the Scottrade Online Community but they decided to close down their forums. So I figured I'd check this place out.

:newbie:

Hope everyone is doing well. I wanted to introduce myself.

This is me

I am a Equity and Equity Options Trader.

I have been doing this for at-least 3-4 years.

I trade US stocks.

I am a software developer

My Broker: Tradier

Trading System: e-Signal for Equity and OptionVue for options

Hi there! Glad to be here! I trade Emerging Market Treasuries and will like to make good networks here as well as get the general gist of what happens in Global Markets. I'm also interested in building an automated trading system that alerts traders on arbitrage opportunities in fixed income markets. I have a one year time frame on this and I know next to nothing about programming, but I'd like ot challenge myself. Wish me luck!!:pc guru:

Hi Folks - I'm Dave, and I'm new to the forum. My background extends into Corp Finance, consulting, and public accounting. I have been involved with the markets for almost 20 years and maintain my CPA certification.

I am looking forward to learning from and contributing to this site.

Cheers!