Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Which products do you/do you intend to trade mainly?  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Which products do you/do you intend to trade mainly?

• Agriculture
    • Energy
    • Equities
    • Equity Index
    • FX
    • Interest Rate
    • Metals
    • Other

hi TL community,

just happened upon TL through a link, and am now in hour four reading through forums and threads..great venue for newbies such as myself, as well as experienced "bies."

i was looking for a forum of like-minded traders to share knowledge, ideas, so I'm very happy to have found the TL site :) any suggestions for following certain forums, threads, is greatly appreciated.

Welcome to TL Progman,

What type of instruments are you trading ?

hi Mystic,

thanks for reply.

I'm actually in a holding pattern right now. Had been trading options, almost exclusively Apple, last few mos of 2013. Decided to take the plunge into full-time trading in the new year, but have hit a snag with biz formation issues.

Had been in contact with Traders' Accounting, in Phoenix, and was going to use them for coaching and bookkeeping set-ups, yet my research uncovered quite a bit of negative feedback of the co. This bore out my initial reservations about not using a local CPA with knowledge of traders' acctg and taxation methodologies, as well as Traders' Acctg's seemingly high pricing structures, especially for entity formation.

I've since formed my multiple-entity LLC with NYS, which was easy and painless, despite Traders' dire warnings not to do "anything without speaking first with your coach." However, my entity was formed using much of Traders' initial consultation advice, and I'm unsure if my LLC is in fact the best way to go, i.e., does it really allow for distributions which are not considered income and therefore not subject to self-employment taxes, and so many more questions!!

So here I sit, unfunded and unhappy, unsure how to proceed..

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

BH

Hello, I'm Venkatbabu from India.

I'm new for trading and I'm interested in learning AFL Lanfuage

I need afl for a candles price average (High+Low+Close) at specific time

For example:

In 10 min timeframe I want average price of candle which appeared at 3.00 PM, also with volume

Experts please help

Thanks in advance.

Excited to have just joined a new forum! Looking forward to hearing new ideas on trading and sharing my own experiences!

Welome Dragons-Den,

Please do share your experiences . And don't be afraid to ask questions.

Just joined, i have been trading for 10 years. Currently specialize in trading crude oil futures. I also do a little bit of c# programming on the side.

Hi TradersNewsDeck, welcome to Traderslaboratory ! Hope you enjoy your time here.

Hi, Im new to this forum, actually this is my first forum i've ever joined. So i'm excited to try this out and stay active with this forum and great people on here. I've been trading, wait, investing for a couple years now where now i want to start day trading. I am learning the in's and out's but what I am finding is that EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE tells me something completely different from strategies to terms to styles, etc...

I'm from Canada (Yes, my Mayor smokes crack...) and I want to aim big- meaning my goal is to open a day trading floor. I did mess around with day trading but now i want to take it to the next level.

Any advice people? Please, lets be honest and serious.

Thanks gang!

Hi, Im new to this forum, actually this is my first forum i've ever joined. So i'm excited to try this out and stay active with this forum and great people on here. I've been trading, wait, investing for a couple years now where now i want to start day trading. I am learning the in's and out's but what I am finding is that EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE tells me something completely different from strategies to terms to styles, etc...

I'm from Canada (Yes, my Mayor smokes crack...) and I want to aim big- meaning my goal is to open a day trading floor. I did mess around with day trading but now i want to take it to the next level.

Any advice people? Please, lets be honest and serious.

Thanks gang!

Hi kookiemonster,

You must have emigrated from South Africa or Holland , with a name like that.

You will waste years of your life, and lots of money with your new venture.:doh:

This is not the thread to give advice, but for what its worth.......:(

You have to find a mentor to shorten the learning curve.

And by a mentor I mean a local trader in your area who will help.

Even if you have to pay for it.:crap:And with all the sharks out there you will pay more than once.:crap:

Imagine deciding you want to become a professional golfer. :roll eyes:

Do you think reading 100 books will make you a professional golfer ?:confused:

I rest my case.

kind regards

bobc

Hi There Everyone!

I've dabbled in day trading stocks, options, and even the forex off and on for a while now, and have never met with any real success.

What I'm hoping to learn here is consistency and discipline to build a smart automated trading platform.. Looking for trades to capitalize on over a week to a few months. I want to combine my love of programming and make some serious cash on the markets. Daunting analytically programs come natural to me, so if you've got a winning strategy, I'm the guy who can implement it.

About Me: This isn't my first go round with predictive algorithm software. This past season in the NFL, I built and maintained a predictive program that picked winning NFL teams called fantasy mainframe. The software would participate in cash salary leagues, and had a winning percentage of over 70%. The point is not to brag, but to look at the possibility of doing something similar with stocks. The NFL program looked at players on an individual basis and compared them with upcoming opponents, and then would rank them accordingly. I believe the same principles could be applied to stocks and options. A program would be more thorough and faster than it's human counterparts. I'm just not sure what disciplines or what to build into a program to make it effective - which is where partnering with you folks would come into play ;)

I don't have a tremendous bank roll, but should have enough to get started. In total, I have about $14k at play in the stock market. Prior to testing it live, I'd like to use a dummy account on any stuff we were to develop. Any tips that could point me in the right direction could be very helpful - stuff like books to ready, strategies you recommend, forum posts to follow up on, etc. Anyone who is interested in maybe teaming up can post here or email me at fantasymainframe at gmail dot com.

TIA! Jeff :)

Hi There Everyone!

I've dabbled in day trading stocks, options, and even the forex off and on for a while now, and have never met with any real success.

What I'm hoping to learn here is consistency and discipline to build a smart automated trading platform.. Looking for trades to capitalize on over a week to a few months. I want to combine my love of programming and make some serious cash on the markets. Daunting analytically programs come natural to me, so if you've got a winning strategy, I'm the guy who can implement it.

About Me: This isn't my first go round with predictive algorithm software. This past season in the NFL, I built and maintained a predictive program that picked winning NFL teams called fantasy mainframe. The software would participate in cash salary leagues, and had a winning percentage of over 70%. The point is not to brag, but to look at the possibility of doing something similar with stocks. The NFL program looked at players on an individual basis and compared them with upcoming opponents, and then would rank them accordingly. I believe the same principles could be applied to stocks and options. A program would be more thorough and faster than it's human counterparts. I'm just not sure what disciplines or what to build into a program to make it effective - which is where partnering with you folks would come into play ;)

I don't have a tremendous bank roll, but should have enough to get started. In total, I have about $14k at play in the stock market. Prior to testing it live, I'd like to use a dummy account on any stuff we were to develop. Any tips that could point me in the right direction could be very helpful - stuff like books to ready, strategies you recommend, forum posts to follow up on, etc. Anyone who is interested in maybe teaming up can post here or email me at fantasymainframe at gmail dot com.

TIA! Jeff :)

Hi Jeff and welcome,

I am sure you will find here a lot of useful stuff.

TW

Dear All

Am a trader from India. Am using an Indian software called Falcon 7 - which provides most of the Indicators provided in software like Metastock, TradeStation etc. Am hoping to learn from this forum as well as share my learnings on this forum.

Cheers

Dear All

Am a trader from India. Am using an Indian software called Falcon 7 - which provides most of the Indicators provided in software like Metastock, TradeStation etc. Am hoping to learn from this forum as well as share my learnings on this forum.

Cheers

Welcome to the forum...

As I understand it, the Falcon7 trading platform is widely used by traders in India and is a robust software. This forum has a great deal of information concerning the use of various indicators. Please make use of the "Advanced Search" to find specific information.

Best of good fortunes to you.

Guest OILFXPRO
Welcome to the forum...

As I understand it, the Falcon7 trading platform is widely used by traders in India and is a robust software. This forum has a great deal of information concerning the use of various indicators. Please make use of the "Advanced Search" to find specific information.

Best of good fortunes to you.

Hi Jenny

You must kill a snake , before they believe u ....,,,,red indians,

Hi Jenny

You must kill a snake , before they believe u ....,,,,red indians,

Speaking of killing snakes...

If you have something to say, why don't you write in a clear manner? If you are trying to make a statement... make one; no one can read you clearly otherwise.

Guest OILFXPRO
Speaking of killing snakes...

If you have something to say, why don't you write in a clear manner? If you are trying to make a statement... make one; no one can read you clearly otherwise.

Killing a snale means showing strength and boldness , if you never killed a cobra , means no fuzzy talk .

So show some proof of using any of these indicators profitablywith diagrams , would be better than some useless indicators.Otherwise it would be snakes and knickers.

indicator.jpg.b730bde7ded4add880a07f294c2a1ad1.jpg