Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Which products do you/do you intend to trade mainly?  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Which products do you/do you intend to trade mainly?

• Agriculture
    • Energy
    • Equities
    • Equity Index
    • FX
    • Interest Rate
    • Metals
    • Other

I do have a question though

you said you tested different platforms, etc.....what is the best one in your opinion?

thanks

It's hard to say they all have their pro's and cons. I love amibroker which was my first real charting software. But after awhile I started using Esignal more because it can do some things straight out of the box that amibroker cant do like plot range bars, renko bricks, point and figure, tick charts (without me having to change my database settings). The pro's for amibroker would be their script language AFL which is better than Esignals EFS.

Amibroker also has a lot of precoded systems @ www.WiseStockTrader.com which you can access for free. Ninjatrader is a cheaper alternative to Esignal if you are trading live and has a large community of users. Multicharts is pretty good as well for auto trading futures. I think Esignal is the most reliable out of the lot but its also the most expensive because your paying for the data and platform.

I have tried about 100 commercial EAs within 5 years, but only two of them work for me good. I think if you are looking for profit like 200% per month, it is impossible, but my goal 10% with low risk, and it is possible to find good fully automated or semi automated systems.

Been trading part-time since my first call to my broker in 1989. Traded futures full time from 06 to 10, mostly emini SP. Threw in the towel and got a full time job at a pharma company. I like to help develop and backtest strategies, and have done so for others, too, at times.

For fun, like to garden and grow fruit trees. Visited the CBOT floor a couple of times with Jack Broz. Have used 28 trading services/mentors so have some experience with that industry.

Love to discuss theology and philosophy, but the deep end is frightening to most folks. I'll try real hard to keep it light.

hello

I am danny i am full time trader and have been trading since 2009.well i rank my self a little above average due to my clients feed backs the soul reason to join these forums is i need somebody to talk about my field because none of my friend is in forex and i always feel left out so how can i be active here i am brand new to forum thingy. :)

hello

I am danny i am full time trader and have been trading since 2009.well i rank my self a little above average due to my clients feed backs the soul reason to join these forums is i need somebody to talk about my field because none of my friend is in forex and i always feel left out so how can i be active here i am brand new to forum thingy. :)

:)...hi danny, you are in the right place.......check old threads to see interesting discussion and just jump in and share your experience/thoughts/as we have a bit of everything in here.......for beginers and advanced traders......

welcome

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself and share where I am and where I want to go in my trading journey.

Where I came from:

My wife and I are both currently active duty military. I have been investing in stocks, bonds, and mutual funds for the last 10 years with moderate success. I have a business degree that specialized in finance which initially turned me on to fundamental analysis/Buffet style stock investing. I was a big believer in dollar cost averaging and long term buy and hold strategies and to be honest, I still think that they are viable ways to make money. About a year ago my uncle started swing trading and getting into technical analysis. I started following his blog and all his indicators, charts, and stratistics really grabbed my attention and I decided to l wanted to learn more. I did what appears to be the usual beginner thing and bought a bunch of books and read them. After bouncing my education against what I was reading I started to believe that all the fundamental analysis I was doing was already done by others and priced into the stock. I became a full convert to technical analysis.

Where I am now:

I attempted to use some systems I read about and worked on tweaking them to my own comfort level by paper trading. Paper trading doesn't work for me. I just couldn't take it seriously and so I decided to start swing trading my Roth IRA. I suscribed to a news letter that provides reccomendations of trending stocks. Every recommendation has come with a fully marked up chart and an explanation of the trade. Some of the trades will not work with my financial management plan which so far, has allowed me to out perform the news letter. I do not expect to keep outperforming. I have also recently started trading with my regular brokerage account.

Where I want to go:

Since my wife and I will both be retiring from the military in the next 5 to 6 years I will have a very nice start on meeting my goal of $6000 per month in passive income (2013 dollars). I hope to use cash flowing real estate and trading to earn the rest of the income. I hope to average a 12% net return over the next five years with all years netting at least 1% over the S&P. I am just looking to grow my equity curve until I retire and then assess the situation.

Where I don't think I want to go:

I don't think I'm interested in day trading, however my uncle has started day trading E-mini's and he can be very pursuasive.

Strenghts & Weakness

I believe that my personal strenghts are the financial management and the mental aspects of trading. I do not depend on trading to make a living and since I work full time I do not burn myself out in front of a computer. I do realize that I still have more to learn in these areas and that if I do start to depend on trading income the mental aspect will change drastically.

My weakness is in the "system". I find it hard to develop "my own" system. I'm not opposed to continuing to use news letters as long as it works but there is an element of satisfaction missing. I have tried to manipulate other peoples systems but have not really gotten anywhere with that.

I guess that about covers the introduction. I look forward to the opportunity to learn from everyone.

hi there,

welcome....what can I say?.....firstly, you have a plan, and I admire that...honestly....not many have one......second, you are in the right place, as you can find here lots of info regarding not only strategies, but experiences real traders have with real time experiences......try look at the old threads, pick the topic you are interested in and if any questions come to mind, just ask...

again, welcome

Doesn't make sense to me not to have one. I get a giggle out of some of the ridiculous expectations like "I plan to make 20% per month". While certainly possible, I think its better to have a more realistic goal and exceed it. I think it's easier to handle the euphoria of winning than to eat a big slice of humble pie.

Hi!

My name is Michel Julien and I have been a relatively regular visitor here on TL for a few years. I had never posted anything until today because... well... I didn't think I had something interesting to share probably. Now, since I started recently a little blog to keep track of my trades, I decided it was time to share some of my knowledge about analyzing and trading the crude oil market. More specifically the West Texas Intermediate (Wti) futures market and occasionaly the Brent also.

I have been trading for almost 15 years now and was only able to live off my trading profits a few years ago. Becoming a professional trader for me has been difficult and very costly in terms of money lost. If I can help some younger guys avoid some of the mistakes I made, I would consider the time invested in posting here to be worthwhile.

Michel G. Julien

Hi all, new to Trader Laboratory though have visited often.

Trading is a lonely business & as I'm sure we all have experienced drawdowns (some beyond belief!) but hey we live & learn.

I have been at it for about 7 years with mixed success over about 3 years. For me I found day time frame works best, off TPO's, as sitting in front of the screen all day watching ticks was a little too much for me. It does take time to find what suits best.

The more information & assistance we provide each other the greater chance we all have of succeeding.

5aa711fa106a3_TradeFuturesDiaryLogocropforForumsLargersize.jpg.95d5f4e484e1febee2ad27855ee5e765.jpg

Hello Everyone ,How are you all?? I am Suhely from Bangladesh. I am trading Forex.. I hope all of you help me to progress

Welcome to Traderslaboratory Suhely ! Hope you find what you are looking for.

I am here to do things. hi all!

Hi all,

I do hope you guys are all ok.

The truth is that i do know forex is a rewarding business, I also do know i have difficulty understanding it.

I am sure also I will have the best of traing in this forum and will testify to my laughing friends that it does pay off!!!

Who then will be my giude????

Stevuchu:)

Hi all,

I do hope you guys are all ok.

The truth is that i do know forex is a rewarding business, I also do know i have difficulty understanding it.

I am sure also I will have the best of traing in this forum and will testify to my laughing friends that it does pay off!!!

Who then will be my giude????

Stevuchu:)

One piece of advice, don't even bring the subject up with most friends. They will just look at you as if you had two heads.